PDA

View Full Version : Practice range use- reciprocal

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 10:14 AM
Should reciprocal members be able to use the members range, where you hit your own balls. Your views on this matter.

timinsa
4th August 2011, 10:17 AM
My heart says yes but my head says no.
Especially if your home track has the better practice facilities & is in the same town as the club with which you have reciprocity.

petethepilot
4th August 2011, 10:19 AM
YEP!

you are classed as a member (temporarily). I should say does said course allow its members to use their own practice balls?

Pete

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 10:20 AM
As much as I want to empty the shag bag on the range, I just can't get comfortable about doing this.

BrisVegas
4th August 2011, 10:21 AM
sure, maybe once or twice a year. I can see why clubs would not want to allow it though. reciprocal "rights" do tend to get abused.

Where are you a member at these days ferrins? What club won't let you use their range?

PeteyD
4th August 2011, 10:25 AM
If recipricol rights are used correctly I have no issues with this.

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 10:27 AM
I have only asked at Headland GC and they told me a resounding no!!!.

I am a member of Tenterfield, Dion. The usage ot reciprocal rights at Tenterfield by other clubs is over 10 times the volume of the reverse. Reciprocals playing at Tenterfield pay no green fees which is bizarre to me because they come in the bus loads.

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 10:31 AM
Every members range has range rats like daves and I can't shoulder the who the f^ck are you look.

3oneday
4th August 2011, 10:33 AM
Only if they are practising prior to playing, otherwise they should **** off.

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 10:39 AM

Is that a no?:)

PeteyD
4th August 2011, 11:29 AM
Which would be correct use of recips I think.

BrisVegas
4th August 2011, 11:35 AM
Reciprocals playing at Tenterfield pay no green fees which is bizarre to me because they come in the bus loads.

Bus loads! WTF? Hope they are spending up in the clubhouse on food and bev, otherwise your club is being dudded.

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 11:35 AM
I use to like to hit a dozen or so shots on the range prior to teeing off but now just play an extra dozen or so shots in the round instead.

Dotty
4th August 2011, 11:46 AM
Did you bring a letter of introduction from your home club, outlining your membership status and visiting period?

A little tongue-in-cheek, but also our club outlines the procedure in the information section of the annual fixture/membership booklet.

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 11:48 AM
It doesn't matter anyway as I have a practice net in my rumpus room and nothing is better than that, is it?

Yossarian
4th August 2011, 11:49 AM
Do other members use their own balls?

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 11:51 AM
I am referring to the clubs that do, so yes.

Yossarian
4th August 2011, 11:53 AM
I guess you should be allowed to play with your balls then.

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 11:58 AM
I would prefer to hit balls at another course because of the shite you get from people saying that your practising all the time, so why aren't you off scratch.

Hux
4th August 2011, 12:47 PM
I would prefer to hit balls at another course because of the shite you get from people saying that your practising all the time, so why aren't you off scratch.

I was wondering that as well.....why aren't you off scratch?

Hawkers2008
4th August 2011, 12:49 PM
I reckon its fair enough in principle providing you aren't breaching or undermining the spirit of the agreement such as in the example given by timinsa.

If use of practice facilities really is a bone of contention for some clubs then maybe in those cases the reciprocal agreement should codify the reciprocal rights (or lack thereof) so everyone is in no doubt and noone needs to feel embarassed.

Outcast
4th August 2011, 12:50 PM

I'm with 3OD on this one; if you are playing there and use the range to warmup then absolutely; also if you are travelling perhaps (interstate or other) and want to get in some practice before playing there on a weekend, then again, absolutely..

If your just using it coz their facilities are better than your home club, then no, join the club with the better facilities if that is what you are after...

Outcast
4th August 2011, 12:52 PM

Mate, I hear where you coming from but, I would just ignore them or tell them to f^%k off and die....

markTHEblake
4th August 2011, 09:19 PM
Should reciprocal members be able to use the members range, where you hit your own balls. Your views on this matter.

The terms of reciprocity is laid out between each club what playing rights are entailed. I am positive that use of ancillaries like a practice fairway is too trivial to be mentioned so it comes down to what is generally accepted. Most ranges have a sign that say something like "members only " and if you pay a green fee you are technically a member for a day. If you are just a blow in that has driven past then by rights, buggar off.

Why would you practice at Headland anyway, short game rusty?

henno
4th August 2011, 09:26 PM
YEP!

you are classed as a member (temporarily). I should say does said course allow its members to use their own practice balls?

Pete

I agree with Pete. Especially knowing that his course has some of the best practice facilities going around.

Ferrins
4th August 2011, 09:30 PM
If I go for a road trip and lob into a reciprocal club, then I would like to hit some balls before and after the round.

timinsa
5th August 2011, 05:11 AM
Exactly Mark.

sms316
5th August 2011, 09:49 AM
Are we talking about hitting rocks before a round or just hitting rocks on the range only? Either way I have never heard of anyone being knocked back if they ask.

popper81
21st August 2013, 09:04 AM
Ferrins, as the champs defence heats up have you encountered any more problems?

Lobsta
22nd August 2013, 09:44 PM
I guess you should be allowed to play with your balls then.

I don't think this got the recognition it deserves.

3Puttpete
22nd August 2013, 11:10 PM
I don't think this got the recognition it deserves.

Agreed