PDA

View Full Version : Ebay advice needed...

Taylor360
8th June 2004, 04:19 PM
Hi, just wanting some advice with what I should do...

I sold a putter on ebay 12 days ago, and have not received the money. I received an email from the buyer 7 days ago saying he would send the money soon, yet no money. I have since then sent numerous emails which havent been replied to yet he has listed items on ebay today... :evil:

I am starting to get really frustrated and am looking for advice on what to do. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

jaster
8th June 2004, 04:26 PM

I sold a putter on ebay 12 days ago, and have not received the money. I received an email from the buyer 7 days ago saying he would send the money soon, yet no money. I have since then sent numerous emails which havent been replied to yet he has listed items on ebay today... :evil:

I am starting to get really frustrated and am looking for advice on what to do. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Send 1 more email expalining to him your situation and that you will report him eBay if he doesn't reply in 2 days. Then report him to eBay stating that he has had 14 days to get you the payment and hasn't :(
Is he in Australia? How is payment coming?

senecio
8th June 2004, 04:48 PM
Ebay also has a built in procedure that you can follow. through this it is possible to get their real name and phone number.

I have had to do this when I bought from Ebay and after sending payment I did not hear from the seller for about a week. After I called him he was very apologetic and explained that he had just moved house and had not set up his computer yet. I then recieved ny goods within the next two days.

All was good.

Ryan

Taylor360
8th June 2004, 04:52 PM

Thanks

Send 1 more email expalining to him your situation and that you will report him eBay if he doesn't reply in 2 days. Then report him to eBay stating that he has had 14 days to get you the payment and hasn't :(

Thanks, I will do that. He lives in Australia and payment is being made through direct deposit into my bank account.

jaster
8th June 2004, 04:55 PM

Thanks

Thanks, I will do that. He lives in Australia and payment is being made through direct deposit into my bank account.

Sounds bad :( Hope it get's resolved for you mate...what sort of putter was it? Not too expensive I hope?

Also, email the second highest bidder and offer it to him for the price it sold for, you never know ;)

Taylor360
8th June 2004, 05:23 PM
Jaster It was a futura so its a bit of dough I am missing. Its just now it has stuffed up plans of buying other clubs... :evil:

jaster
8th June 2004, 05:58 PM
Jaster It was a futura so its a bit of dough I am missing. Its just now it has stuffed up plans of buying other clubs... :evil:

**** that is friggin annoying :smt076 :smt092 :smt084 If it was a lefty I would buy it off you mate :) Advertise it on here maybe?

clikchic
8th June 2004, 06:31 PM

Thanks

Hi, my name is Robyn and I am an ebayer.... :lol:

I am a huge ebay addict and have been selling on ebay for the past 2 and a bit years. At at one stage I was listing 90 odd items at a time. I have over 1300 feedback rating so have a fair bit of experience with non paying bidders.

I don't waste my time on them. For a large ticket item it is even more annoying because you of course are wanting the money. The best way to deal with them in my books is to take no nonsense. (within reason of course)

If you have sent him numerous emails and he is not responding it is unlikely that he is going to complete the sale and I wouldn't waste any further time on him.

I send a standard three emails (over 7 days) and if they don't send payment in 7 days I file a non paying bidder complaint. You can do so at
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/community/npb.html

I have found either one of two things happen when you do this... you scare the bidder into paying, or (most of the time) they continue to ignore you. If a bidder gets three of the non paying bidder complaints (and the seller then goes on to file for their final value fees) they are de-registered from ebay.

You have to do this process to be able to recoup your final value fees which for large ticket items can be a reasonable amount. To get your final value fees credited back to your account you have to wait a further 10 days and file for them through the same link above.

I always give non paying bidders negative feedback and do they whole non paying bidder process because as far as I am concerned they don't deserve to be part of ebay, plus I wan't my fees back!

If you complete this process and the bidder hasn't paid etc, you can offer to an underbidder for their highest bid using the second chance offer. You should not do this until you are certain your non paying bidder (NPB) is not going to pay or you have filed for your final value fees. It is against ebay rules to offer an item to an underbidder not using this process.

There ya go, now that I have crapped on enough I hope I have been of some help... :lol:

gazgolf1
8th June 2004, 07:00 PM

Thanks

I am a huge ebay addict and have been selling on ebay for the past 2 and a bit years. At at one stage I was listing 90 odd items at a time. I have over 1300 feedback rating so have a fair bit of experience with non paying bidders.

I don't waste my time on them. For a large ticket item it is even more annoying because you of course are wanting the money. The best way to deal with them in my books is to take no nonsense. (within reason of course)

If you have sent him numerous emails and he is not responding it is unlikely that he is going to complete the sale and I wouldn't waste any further time on him.

I send a standard three emails (over 7 days) and if they don't send payment in 7 days I file a non paying bidder complaint. You can do so at

I have found either one of two things happen when you do this... you scare the bidder into paying, or (most of the time) they continue to ignore you. If a bidder gets three of the non paying bidder complaints (and the seller then goes on to file for their final value fees) they are de-registered from ebay.

You have to do this process to be able to recoup your final value fees which for large ticket items can be a reasonable amount. To get your final value fees credited back to your account you have to wait a further 10 days and file for them through the same link above.

I always give non paying bidders negative feedback and do they whole non paying bidder process because as far as I am concerned they don't deserve to be part of ebay, plus I wan't my fees back!

If you complete this process and the bidder hasn't paid etc, you can offer to an underbidder for their highest bid using the second chance offer. You should not do this until you are certain your non paying bidder (NPB) is not going to pay or you have filed for your final value fees. It is against ebay rules to offer an item to an underbidder not using this process.

There ya go, now that I have crapped on enough I hope I have been of some help... :lol:

We're not worthy
We're not worthy [-o< :wink:

Taylor360
8th June 2004, 07:19 PM

Thanks

That is awsome info, thank you :D

The thing I don't want to happen though, is for him to leave me negative feedback if I do it to him...Is there anything I can do to stop this occuring?

Thanks again :smt023

clikchic
8th June 2004, 07:38 PM
That is awsome info, thank you

The thing I don't want to happen though, is for him to leave me negative feedback if I do it to him...Is there anything I can do to stop this occuring?

Thanks again

Unfortunately that is always a risk, however in my experience, non paying bidders do not care enough to leave negative feedback. I have not yet gotten a negative from a non paying bidder who I have left one for, and I have left TONS. :roll: :evil:

They are unlikely to do it if you file for your final value fees, and a little more likely if you leave negative feedback. (tho still not very likely) If you are really worried, you can wait with leaving feedback until late on the 90th day after the auction, after that day they cannot leave you feedback. Having said that however I have heard you can get around it by logging into US ebay but I have never tried it and also not many people, particularly Australian know about it.

If you do get negative feedback, pull their contact details, which you can do at http://cgi3.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow . If their details are not complete or incorrect you can have your neg removed as it means they have been difficult to contact.

I had one lady leave me negative feedback for no reason. She was a non paying bidder but I hadn't even filed a NPB complaint yet. Anyway, she was in the US so for the hell of it I rang the phone number and got the answering service for an Aquarium! LOL I looked up their website and emailed them to see if she worked there. She didn't and the response I got from them was enough proof to have the neg removed. But even if it is one wrong digit in their phone number, that is enough to have your neg removed.

Having said all of that, if you do end up copping a neg that you can't have removed, most people don't take much notice if you respond to it in your feedback profile with a calm reasonable explaination of what really happened. Particularly if the feedback of the neg leaver is poor. I always check that as well.

HTH! ;-)

clikchic
8th June 2004, 07:41 PM
We're not worthy
We're not worthy

LOL! :oops:

Can you tell I get carried away when talking about ebay??? LOL I can't believe how long my responses are! I haven't even been selling that much lately! LOL Must be withdrawal symptoms.....

goughy
8th June 2004, 08:19 PM
When it comes to ebay you don't cross the clikchic. The clikchic rules. She's actually had 3 negatives removed so far. I bow donw to her (often) :lol: :D

Jarro
9th June 2004, 02:11 AM
When it comes to ebay you don't cross the clikchic. The clikchic rules. She's actually had 3 negatives removed so far. I bow donw to her (often) :lol: :D

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN ....... CLIKCHIC :!: 8)

clikchic
9th June 2004, 07:06 AM
When it comes to ebay you don't cross the clikchic. The clikchic rules. She's actually had 3 negatives removed so far. I bow down to her (often) :lol: :D

:smt079 :twisted:

Fishman Dan
9th June 2004, 07:44 AM
CC,

Did you actually make money out of it (no, i'm not from the ATO), or was it just re-re-recycling of used goods?

Taylor360
9th June 2004, 07:45 AM
He has finally replied to an email, I will let you guys read it...

"Because I am not interested in paying postage for somthing I can drive to
brisbane and pic up. The fact that you will not allow me to do this makes me
extremely suspicous."

Never in my listing did it state that I accept pickup, he asked me if he could pick up the putter after the auction finished not before. Plus I don't want a stranger coming to my house. Ive also heard stories of how people did this but showed up at completely different times.

I just filed a non paying bidder alert and is there anything else I can do cause Im really p!ssed off at being screwed around for 2 weeks?

Thanks for the help

Fishman Dan
9th June 2004, 07:52 AM
And so you should TM. I've been in this internet caper for a long time, and i don't see eBay as a way of meeting people. Keep them at arms length, there are stories of eBay nasties that go around.

My only eBay-type purchase was my TM 300 - after 8 days and no bids i contacted the vendor directly who was in the next suburb. He had no problems with it and it was a great (cash) purchase.

clikchic
9th June 2004, 08:27 AM
He has finally replied to an email, I will let you guys read it...

"Because I am not interested in paying postage for somthing I can drive to
brisbane and pic up. The fact that you will not allow me to do this makes me
extremely suspicous."

Never in my listing did it state that I accept pickup, he asked me if he could pick up the putter after the auction finished not before. Plus I don't want a stranger coming to my house. Ive also heard stories of how people did this but showed up at completely different times.

I just filed a non paying bidder alert and is there anything else I can do cause Im really p!ssed off at being screwed around for 2 weeks?

Thanks for the help

Sounds like an excuse to pull out of the deal to me... if you have good feedback (ie. no suspicious negs) he has nothing to be suspicious of.

My bet is that he hasn't got the money. You have to wait for 10 days before you can file for your final value fees however since he has told you he is not going through with the deal you should be able to offer the club to an underbidder now.. On your my ebay page there should be a link for second chance offer somewhere, where you can offer the club to someone else who bid.

You are fully justified in not wishing to allow pickup, however to save yourself problems in future it might be worth mentioning that you do not allow pickup in your auction terms.

I do allow pickup however not from home. If someone wants to pick something up I get Dean to take it to work and let them pick it up from there. With three guys there they are unlikely to cause any problems.

I would wait the 10 days before leaving feedback. Also when leaving feedback, stick to the facts and keep it simple and no nastyness or name calling. If he does happen to respond with negative feedback people will be able to see that you handled the situation professionally and did your best. If I am concerned about feedback I will often check to see what feedback the seller left the buyer to make my own assessment as to whether the seller is trustworthy.

markTHEblake
9th June 2004, 09:09 PM
Take care when leaving Negative feedback that you be objective and not personal, ie state the facts.

If he responds with worse negative feedback you get to make one more public reply. Let him rant and rave. you be cool calm and collected and everybody will see that he is the idiot and you are the professional.

good luck.