PDA

View Full Version : Superdeep owners

davepuppies
29th July 2011, 10:18 PM
Being 435cc is it noticably harder to hit than say a 910?

Does it spin noticably less than other popular drivers with say the standard RIP shaft?

Does it launch lower? I know some of you advised 10.5 degrees, but was that due to the Nunchucks people are using in them?

I am curious, and considering trying one

Cheers

TheNuclearOne
29th July 2011, 10:52 PM
Who told you it's 435cc? Pretty certain it's 460cc.

It's low spin and definitely not very forgiving compared to others, which is what they designed it to be of course. I found it hard to hit and not very forgiving horizontally.

Outcast
30th July 2011, 12:00 AM
Definitely is 460cc; just looks smaller because it has a very deep face and thus the back to front dimensions are a little smaller than other 460cc drivers...

Very low spin driver; I use with a stock RIP shaft in S-Flex.... Everyone says it is low launching however, I use 9.5* and launch the ball just fine. That said, I launch typically quite high anyway - used to use an 8.5* FT-3 with NVS 75 S Flex and had no trouble getting height on it either.

Definitely NOT a forgiving driver but, when you middle it you hit bombs; you need a high end swing speed to get the most out of this driver is what I have heard (I have driver speed of 115mph according to the last launch monitor I used)....

I absolutely love this driver but, my advice would be to have a hit with one before you buy to make sure you get the right loft and shaft flex combination for you... There are plenty of them going for pretty reasonable prices on eBay these days; I got mine about 12 months ago for $315 landed, I believe you can get them cheaper these days.... Not bad for a driver that retailed at around $900 when they first hit the scene in Australia. I demoed one at a Drummonds Golf day and loved it from first hit but, wasn't willing to part with the $900 they were asking at the time...

Not everyone's bag but, as I said, positively love mine and easily the longest driver I have ever owned

davepuppies
30th July 2011, 09:17 AM
Hmmmm

Swing speed certainly wont be a problem, whilst i play off 6, thge first thing to wander when i take a break is my ability to flush the ball with centre impact (all over the face!)

I swear i read it had a smaller CC? must have been imagining it!!!!

TheNuclearOne
30th July 2011, 09:34 AM
It certainly plays like a smaller cc Dave.

KristianJ
30th July 2011, 11:45 AM
You got your eye on one from Global Golf, Dave?

davepuppies
30th July 2011, 12:57 PM
Hey mate, no there is one on aussie ebay for $220 delivered. 10.5 with RIP.

Interested, but think i will stick with my 910D2.

LowTee
31st July 2011, 08:47 AM
Dave its a great driver but i would avoid the standard rip shaft that it comes with i found that less than impressive

live4golf
31st July 2011, 05:30 PM
You can have a hit of mine if you want DP....I have a 9.5 with Axivcore black x stiff and an Attas 6X shaft. Maybe we can catch up at the range during the week?

davepuppies
31st July 2011, 06:53 PM
You can have a hit of mine if you want DP....I have a 9.5 with Axivcore black x stiff and an Attas 6X shaft. Maybe we can catch up at the range during the week?
Hey mate that would be good.... what afternoon would suit you?

live4golf
31st July 2011, 07:02 PM
Try and aim for Thursday?

davepuppies
31st July 2011, 07:06 PM
sound good mate

TheNuclearOne
1st August 2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TaylorMade-R9-Superdeep-TP-Driver-Golf-Club-/260827841059?pt=AU_Sport_Golf_Equipment&hash=item3cba8d0223

rubin
1st August 2011, 12:18 PM
Not to threadjack - but played a round in bali last week with my grandad and a Japanese bloke who had the TM Supermax.
I had never seen this before, but had a swing with it and bombed it.

Does anyone know the difference between the super deep and the supermax?

Outcast
1st August 2011, 03:54 PM
Rubin,

found this on the Super Max...

Taylormade Japan introduces their all new R9 SuperMax driver for 2010. The SuperMax is made for MAX distance and MAX ease of use. The ultra forgiving 460cc conforming black SuperMax features high MOI and high launch and big carry thanks to a deep and low center of gravity. The shallower face and larger head provide a large sweet spot and confidence at address. The SuperMax also features Flight Control Technology which allows for the head to be adjusted to 8 different positions altering trajectory and direction by changing the loft, lie and face angle. With the new FCT Sleeve, the R9 Supermax driver comes in at an ultralight weight. This makes for increased swing speed and more overall distance for the average golfer. Also the all Titanium head features an inverted cone technology face and ultra thin wall crown at 0.6mm.

Japan only release and not really like the Super Deep at all which features a very deep face and is anything but forgiving....

rubin
1st August 2011, 04:13 PM
Rubin,

found this on the Super Max...

Taylormade Japan introduces their all new R9 SuperMax driver for 2010. The SuperMax is made for MAX distance and MAX ease of use. The ultra forgiving 460cc conforming black SuperMax features high MOI and high launch and big carry thanks to a deep and low center of gravity. The shallower face and larger head provide a large sweet spot and confidence at address. The SuperMax also features Flight Control Technology which allows for the head to be adjusted to 8 different positions altering trajectory and direction by changing the loft, lie and face angle. With the new FCT Sleeve, the R9 Supermax driver comes in at an ultralight weight. This makes for increased swing speed and more overall distance for the average golfer. Also the all Titanium head features an inverted cone technology face and ultra thin wall crown at 0.6mm.

Japan only release and not really like the Super Deep at all which features a very deep face and is anything but forgiving....

cheers OC. I had done a little looking, but couldn't really find much in the way of a proper review. Granted, I didn't look to hard ;)

Yossarian
1st August 2011, 04:25 PM
Has the R11 gone caving?

rubin
1st August 2011, 04:32 PM
Has the R11 gone caving?

no, but I get the feeling with each passing shot that she's not far off. Plus - and i hate to say it - i've gone off the white head. Played a round at Nirwana in Bali with a borrowed set from one of the expats, and I got used to the Black head again.

timah!
1st August 2011, 04:43 PM
I'm thinking of a work beginning with 'T' and ending in 'itleist'
:wink:

Johnny Canuck
1st August 2011, 04:44 PM
That's what she said.

Yossarian
1st August 2011, 04:47 PM
no i've gone off the white head. Played with one of the expats, and I got used to the Black head again.

That's what she said.

For clarification

rubin
1st August 2011, 05:07 PM
For clarification

no homo. :D

live4golf
3rd August 2011, 04:48 PM
How are you looking for Thursday DP?

davepuppies
3rd August 2011, 06:12 PM
How are you looking for Thursday DP?

Yep. should be all good.
what time are you thinking?

live4golf
3rd August 2011, 06:42 PM
Probably straight after work. Where were you thinking?

davepuppies
3rd August 2011, 07:45 PM
I prob cant get to anywhere but Narrabeen......

Work is stupid busy at the moment

live4golf
3rd August 2011, 07:49 PM
Narabeen is cool. I think Virge is away. Anyone else up for a hit?

What time? - I'd like to try for somewhere between 4 and 5 if I could.

davepuppies
3rd August 2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah that should be fine......

live4golf
3rd August 2011, 08:28 PM
it's a date (NO HOMO). Probably closer to 5.

KristianJ
3rd August 2011, 09:36 PM
Anyone else up for a hit?

Would have loved to but by the time I get over there from work it would almost be time for me to turn around and head back home.

live4golf
3rd August 2011, 09:40 PM
bummer. Is Narabeen the only option DP? Could Homebush work?

davepuppies
4th August 2011, 06:27 AM
Yeah only Narrabeen..... Happy to do it another time if it means more of us can get together.

Sadly work is ruling my life at the moment.

live4golf
4th August 2011, 08:16 AM
All good DP, I am set for it.

Will be there 4:45-5ish...maybe earlier if I can.

Seeya there.