PDA

View Full Version : Oztag (Footy)

Trung
13th July 2005, 09:24 PM
Played my first game tonight, 11 more games to go for the season.

We got humiliated by the other team. Can't wait for next week. :lol:

Anyone played it before?

markTHEblake
13th July 2005, 09:33 PM
Thats the "Touch Rugby" version of Aussie Rules isnt it?

I have heard of it, sounds very interesting.

Grunt
13th July 2005, 09:35 PM
I played touch footy for a few years , actually need to get back into it was fun and we won the comp the last year I played.

Trung
13th July 2005, 10:00 PM
it's similar to touch football.
Grant.. I played touch at the Tempe comp 3 years ago. We got knocked out at the semi. :cry:

Try this site.. more info here http://www.oztag.com/

Anonymous
13th July 2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Trung, I play it at a rep level (State over 35s) based out of Sydney's North Shore. If well refereed it's a much better game than touch. These days touch has become "sprint training" with 5 quick run ups and then give them the ball. Oz Tag offers a few more variations as long as the ref does not allow the big guys to just run like lunatics through the middle.
It's a great game, hope you enjoy it.

AndyP
14th July 2005, 08:06 AM
Thats the "Touch Rugby" version of Aussie Rules isnt it?

I have heard of it, sounds very interesting.
Blakey, from Trung's link it appears that this is a tag version of rugby league, as opposed to the tag version of Aussie Rules that we saw at Carrara earlier this year. (http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1769)

Trung
14th July 2005, 10:01 AM
Hey Chucky,

Gonna take me a few games to get the hang of Oztag.

I kinda like the "sprint training" with touch footy. The game is faster than tag. Target the slow guy and you will score.

MTB, Oztag is a touch version of league.

Trung
11th January 2006, 10:08 PM
First season... We lost every single games :oops: .

Second season...(still the same division) got rid of some no-idea lunatics, drafted a few new players... good to say that we are undefeated after 7 games :shock:

ps... we played tonight in a middle of a sydney storm :shock:

3oneday
12th January 2006, 07:24 AM
First season... We lost every single games  :oops: .

Second season...(still the same division) got rid of some no-idea lunatics, drafted a few new players...  good to say that we are undefeated after 7 games  :shock:

ps... we played tonight in a middle of a sydney storm  :shock:haha, when I read back through I thought Chucky was back :roll: :oops:

Nice storm last night too, pulled anyones shorts off yet ??? assuming it's mixed of course :wink:

:lol: :lol: