PDA

View Full Version : HX Tour 56 & FT-3

sominc
13th July 2005, 07:29 PM
The new Callaway HX TOUR 56 has hit the shelves at my club and i asked how far away the FT-3 Tour is and they said about a week :D

Has the new Callaway gear been released yet or did these just come out early???

kwantfm
13th July 2005, 08:17 PM
I bought a sleeve of the HX 56 last week and got to hit the FT-3 Tour as well... Golf Mart in the city...

sominc
13th July 2005, 08:40 PM
sorry, i had no idea

anyone know where in brissy i can have a hit???

gazgolf1
14th July 2005, 06:47 AM
Just keep your eyes open for a Cally demo night at one of the ranges.
Oxley has them pretty frequently.

miro
14th July 2005, 08:48 AM
The reviews of the FT3 from the guys in the states have said:

- fantastic club (don't they always in the first month) BUT
- very low spin so you need to try before you buy AND
- they sound strage

Jarro
14th July 2005, 09:01 AM
why the hell would you even be looking in here Dicky, it's about golf gear.. something you know nuthin' about :?

andylo
14th July 2005, 09:08 AM
Had a demo with Kee on FT3 and FT3 tour (no.. not tour issue) yesterday in Oxley.

We head to head comparing it to G2 and 905T Tour.

FT3 has a hugh head but relatively small face compare to it's head size. On address it doesn't look as big as G2. Very long profile from face to back. The FT3 (10*) is netural flight and the FT3 tour (9*) is draw bias. Both head look closed to me so I am not sure what the hell the "tour" word mean. The guy who do the demo reckon the tip of shaft in the tour head is sitffer. Whatever :p Sometime I find it difficult to believe those ppl who do demos :p Shaft are NVS 55 stiff in FT3 and NVS 65 reg in FT3 tour.

Impact sound is very very mute and dull. A little like a 540XDTOUR but more mute. But the feeling is very very very solid. The solid feeling is NOTHING you can buy in retail shop and in fact it's as solid as the 905T Tour. Forgiveness.... yeah. fairly forgiving, somthing between 905 and G2... more toward to G2. But workability wise.... not sure if it's the face size give me less confident.... I find it hard to work the ball either way I like. It just go straight.

Distance... well.... both G2 and 905 beats it big time. Put a good swing on all club and pretty sure the G2 will be about 20-30 meters longer for Kee. Tracjectory on both club are not as high as G2 and not where compare to 905. Just a nice, boring penetrating flight. The tour head seems to fly lower but probably due to it's loft. But it seems having more roll when it landed but I can't be sure because it's dark out there.

Overall I find myself more confident on top of a G2 and probably just me getting use my club and I perfer the feel of 905. But if you like solid impact with with boring straight-lish ball flight the FT3 could be you babe ;)

BrisVegas
14th July 2005, 09:16 AM
Hey andylo. Must be about time you traded that 905T Tour on the new 460cc version Els is now using....

Just let me know when you wanna offload that old thing. I'll give ya $150 for it... :wink:

Jarro
14th July 2005, 09:17 AM
why the hell would you even be looking in here Dicky, it's about golf gear.. something you know nuthin' about  :?
Well if thats the case I'll start a thread about breaking 80. Then you'll no nothing about that topic. 8)

nice comeback 8)

i might start one about "What's the biggest score you've ever had on one hole" .... pretty sure i've never racked up a 13 before :wink:

andylo
14th July 2005, 09:18 AM
Hey andylo.  Must be about time you traded that 905T Tour on the new 460cc version Els is now using....

Just let me know when you wanna offload that old thing.  I'll give ya $150 for it...  :wink:

LOL!!! Was talking about it with Kee yesterday about the same issue :lol:

Jarro
14th July 2005, 09:18 AM
Hey andylo.  Must be about time you traded that 905T Tour on the new 460cc version Els is now using....

Just let me know when you wanna offload that old thing.  I'll give ya $150 for it...  :wink:

do i smell the scent of Ho-ing in the air :wink:

just wait a little while londer Dion, i'm sure he'll find something else soon enough :lol:

BrisVegas
14th July 2005, 09:20 AM
Hope he's ready to sell it by Christmas. I've already told my missus that I want a new driver by then. Andylo's is the one I got my eye on. It's noticeably longer than my current driver. More forgiving too. Don't think I'd go for the 460cc 905 when it comes out. Too big for my liking...

andylo
14th July 2005, 09:22 AM
If nudgee got his hand on a 460cc titty I will reserve this one for you Vegas ;)

BrisVegas
14th July 2005, 09:24 AM
If nudgee got his hand on a 460cc titty I will reserve this one for you Vegas ;)

Yeah, don't lend it to brooky17 again though. I don't want it scratched... :shock:

sominc
14th July 2005, 09:25 AM
so dose anyone know where they are selling the FT-3's ???

btw thanks for the review andy :D

andylo
14th July 2005, 09:26 AM
Pretty sure Golfworks will have their drity hand on them this weekend (according to the rep)

Kee
14th July 2005, 09:30 AM
The FT3 is nice driver. Every hit seemed to be fairly straight with a solid feeling. However, the sound was very muted. The tour was also forgiving, however, the ball flight was very low.

I don't know what the difference between the FT3 and FT3 tour really is, but for this high capper, the normal FT3 gave a much much better result.

sominc
14th July 2005, 09:31 AM
also what th word on the 56's.

are they softer, harder than the old blacks???

distance wise what are they like?

andylo
14th July 2005, 09:45 AM
also what th word on the 56's.

are they softer, harder than the old blacks???

distance wise what are they like?

You gotta as nudgee! He's the only one on this earth has a few :p

miro
14th July 2005, 11:08 AM
Alo and Kee,

Two things

1. Sound is a big impact on how far you hit the ball -Alo it is unlikely the fT3 was 30 metres shorter but it is much quieter.

2. However, as I said before the guys in the USA have said this club very much requires proper fitting because it is very low spin. The opinion in the USA is that when properly fitted it simply flat out performs. The probability is that you need a much higher loft in this club than you are used to.

andylo
14th July 2005, 11:28 AM
Alo and Kee,

Two things

1. Sound is a big impact on how far you hit the ball -Alo it is unlikely the fT3 was 30 metres shorter but it is much quieter.

2. However, as I said before the guys in the USA have said this club very much requires proper fitting because it is very low spin. The opinion in the USA is that when properly fitted it simply flat out performs. The probability is that you need a much higher loft in this club than you are used to.

1: I am not sure about you but I don't follow the technology Callaway applied to FT3. But for instance the "invert cone" Taylormade" using is a device allow them to turn the sound of driver to whatever they want and it don't do much to affect the ball's flight. So there's a way allow manufacture to tune the sound of impact and actual ball flight seperately.

2: Everyone NEEDS to have their club fitted properly anyway.

McMw
14th July 2005, 12:09 PM

so...how were your clubs fitted to you??? :wink: :lol:

andylo
14th July 2005, 12:12 PM
It only fits my ego and HOing habit well so far :lol: ;)

markTHEblake
14th July 2005, 12:32 PM
1. Sound is a big impact on how far you hit the ball

did you mean to say 'how far you think you hit the ball"?

that i would agree with.

Anyway what is it with these people who dont like the muted sounds.  Havent you people ever hit a real golf club? - ie Persimmon that has been soaked in oil for 3 months ....mmmmmm  

I cant stand these empty baked bean cans that we have these days - muted is much better.

and the best sounding metal driver I have ever heard - you guessed it "the whale". not just any whale either,  
i mean The Whale

andylo
14th July 2005, 12:34 PM
Nah... I am with muted impact sound. I LOVE IT :)

miro
14th July 2005, 12:34 PM
Alo and Kee,

Two things

1: I am not sure about you but I don't follow the technology Callaway applied to FT3. But for instance the "invert cone" Taylormade" using is a device allow them to turn the sound of driver to whatever they want and it don't do much to affect the ball's flight. So there's a way allow manufacture to tune the sound of impact and actual ball flight seperately.

Alo the inverted cone technology is not about sound it is about face forgiveness BUT you are correct about companies "tuning the sound" of drivers. But the carbon fibre crown significantly changes the sound of virtually all composite drivers.

Re everyone "needing" club fitting I agree but apparently the FT3 is much more prone to this than say the Ping -pick up a 9.5 and go hit it. This doesn't work with the FT3.

andylo
14th July 2005, 12:43 PM
Alo the inverted cone technology is not about sound it is about face forgiveness

Not too agree that part but never mind ;)

p.s. Don't quote a piece of text from TM's website, they say whatever they want anyway.

Jarro
14th July 2005, 01:41 PM
I cant stand these empty baked bean cans that we have these days - muted is much better.

.. just like the sound my 510 TOUR makes :wink: 8)

miro
14th July 2005, 01:58 PM
Alo the inverted cone technology is not about sound it is about face forgiveness

Not too agree that part but never mind ;)

p.s. Don't quote a piece of text from TM's website, they say whatever they want anyway.

Alo

I have no idea what your "p.s." means.

I gather you are an engineer of some training and hence are qualified to determine the physical attributes which inverted cone technology delivers?