PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Golf Clinic - every Saturday at Brookwater - $20

BrisVegas
8th June 2004, 09:49 AM
If any ladies are interested, Brookwater has a weekly ladies golf clinic on Saturday afternoons. The cost is $20 for either a 1 hour group lesson or 9 holes of playing, accompanied by the pro. The pro is Rob Nichols. He doesn't advertise these sessions, but relies on word of mouth. My wife goes and there are usually between 3 and 8 in the group. There are no great golfers there, mostly beginners.

Some weeks they pay $30 which includes champagne and nibblies afterwards. It seems like a good deal to me and they are a very chatty, friendly mob. I go out there to chip and putt while they are having these clinics, in case other husbands are at a loose end.

I don't believe you need to book in, just turn up. This coming Saturday it's on at 4pm. Meet up at the pro shop.

PM me if anyone wants more info. :)

Dion

andylo
8th June 2004, 10:08 AM
Sometime I can quite pissed that female can get these kind of benefit and we male fellas DON'T!

My house mate, the female one.... she join some gov's woman org thingy.... can learn try to fly an plane for $50, SkyDiving for $40, Ten Pin for $5, Golf Clinic for a Month + FULL YEAR Oxley GC Membership for $80

Didn't guys also deserve some goodies?!?!?!?!?!

BrisVegas
8th June 2004, 10:09 AM
Wow, what a great deal Vegas.
Although I think we have grounds for discrimination here. I might rock up with the Whale and a few precept ladies and demand entry.

"Blakey..inset joke here"

It is a great deal. I'm working on him to do a similar thing for the guys. I can't believe they play 9 holes for $20. The best deal I can find is $80 as a guest of a member for 18 holes. 7 of them played on Saturday (in an ambrose) and didn't quite get 9 holes in after teeing off at 2pm :shock: :lol: Too much giggling, not enough hitting. :roll:

andylo
8th June 2004, 10:27 AM
Sometime I can quite pissed that female can get these kind of benefit and we male fellas DON'T!

My house mate, the female one.... she join some gov's woman org thingy.... can learn try to fly an plane for $50, SkyDiving for $40, Ten Pin for $5, Golf Clinic for a Month + FULL YEAR Oxley GC Membership for $80

Maybe its time for some sharp scissors andy...Miriam style.

Hey, I am not that desperate!!

Try to sell my girl into this package.... and she send me 5 individual emails.... all are refused it! :(

Fishman Dan
8th June 2004, 10:56 AM
Try to sell my girl into this package.... and she send me 5 individual emails.... all are refused it! :(

You can take a horse to water Andy, but you can't make it enjoy the view..

burger
8th June 2004, 10:59 AM
hope you not callin andy's gf a horse, fishman :shock: 8-[ [-X

andylo
8th June 2004, 11:00 AM
hope you not callin andy's gf a horse, fishman :shock: 8-[ [-X

He won't dare :lol:

Flowergirl
8th June 2004, 01:51 PM
To all you complaining guys.........cut us girls some slack. We deserve some privileges...after all we have to menserate, give birth and sit down to pee!! :roll:

amanda
8th June 2004, 02:03 PM
FG - the guys just don't want their wives out there playing golf - then they can't spend as much on golf equipment and someone has to stay home on the weekend to look after the kids!

Onewood
8th June 2004, 02:03 PM
To all you complaining guys.........cut us girls some slack. We deserve some privileges...after all we have to menserate, give birth and sit down to pee!! :roll:

:D seen you put it that way :D you can have all the good deals :lol: :lol:

BrisVegas
8th June 2004, 02:35 PM
Seeing as this has developed into a Mars vs Venus debate.... here is a link to the transitioning of Venus across the sun (aka. Eclipse), happening right now!

http://webcast15.uio.no/trheim2_eng.html

Fishman Dan
8th June 2004, 02:54 PM
Seeing as this has developed into a Mars vs Venus debate.... here is a link to the transitioning of Venus across the sun (aka. Eclipse), happening right now!

Funny seeing that - it's a Norwegian website, and it's nearly 8am there. From where i'm standing, Venus has entered at about 5 o'clock and is slowly moving across.

To see it, get your binocs/magnifying glass out and cast the light from the sun onto a piece of paper - you'll see a tiny black dot on the face of the sun that you are indirectly viewing on the paper.

Bloody marvellous. Not like watching footy though - not a lot happens in a hurry..

Onewood
8th June 2004, 02:56 PM

Where do you think this golf ball is going to land :D going by the size of the shaddow it should be landing soon :wink: :D

Fishman Dan
8th June 2004, 02:58 PM
Check out the other Trondheim telescope images;

http://webcast16.uio.no/trheim1_eng.html
http://webcast3.uio.no/trheim3_eng.html

markTHEblake
8th June 2004, 04:27 PM

Well i have already organised for you to get a lesson from DougK for $15 (plus balls i suppose), so there you go, even cheapr.

Just got to organise a date for that.

Now after that you better make sure you turn up :-)

Golfgirl
8th June 2004, 06:27 PM
I'm with Flowergirl on this one.... no sympathy from me.... and the reason why they have to have ladies beginner clinics, is because we lack the natural bravado to just walk onto the golf course and start slashing wildly and with no idea the way most men do.... :? :wink: (You know the ones - stubbies (shorts) and stubbies (beers) and playing in a five and without any clue.....) :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyP
9th June 2004, 07:12 PM
Tried getting the missus interested in this. No go. She insists that she does not take part in any golfing activities without me. Oh well, I tried.

BrisVegas
9th June 2004, 07:20 PM
Tried getting the missus interested in this. No go. She insists that she does not take part in any golfing activities without me. Oh well, I tried.

No worries. You tried. My missus, on the other hand, is only interested in golf when I'm not involved. Which is fine.... I can handle the rejection. :cry:

Golfgirl
10th June 2004, 02:16 PM

No worries. You tried. My missus, on the other hand, is only interested in golf when I'm not involved. Which is fine.... I can handle the rejection. :cry:

Don't worry Vegas.... I don't like playing with my hubby much either, but he's the only partner I can usually get.... :roll:

Flowergirl
10th June 2004, 03:13 PM
[/quote]Don't worry Vegas.... I don't like playing with my hubby much either, but he's the only partner I can usually get....

I know what you mean Golfgirl....oh you're talking about golf!!!! OOps :twisted: :twisted:

Golfgirl
10th June 2004, 03:19 PM
Golf??... oh yeah... defintely golf, Flowergirl.... :wink: :twisted: :lol:

wavemaker
10th June 2004, 07:24 PM
you girls!!!!!! i dont know. funny but.