PDA

View Full Version : amanda's adventures

amanda
13th July 2005, 11:12 AM
Hi all - for some stupid reason I can't find the AFL thread I started a little while ago - so I'm starting a new one.

Didn't end up going to either the Dome or MCG on the Sunday - I heard the bulldogs/st kilda game was excellent. We originally had organised to accompany an MCG member to the game - but that got quashed at the last minute :(

Stayed at the Sofitel in Melbourne - by heck that is one swanky hotel! I'm glad my work was paying :wink:

Also visited Ben at his shop - I now have a very nice looking 5 & 6 iron in my office to try out tonight (Wishon 702W with Graffaloy attack lite shafts - 2 inches shorter than reg).

We also ate at a fabulous Japanese restaurant called Shoya - excellent food - the most fresh sashimi I've ever tasted. And they were also visited by Chairman Kaga (of Iron Chef fame) a few months ago.

Oh - and we met Ron - the old guy who does the movie reviews on Rove.

Home from Melb and the next day we were off camping at the crack of dawn - I think I actually prefer the serenity of camping in the middle of no-where than staying in a city hotel.

Fishman Dan
13th July 2005, 11:21 AM
Give me a hotel any day... especially in winter.

Hotel's have baths, big beds that automagically make themselves, towels that get clean and dried by a laundry-fairy, and cable TV 8)

amanda
13th July 2005, 11:26 AM
I think I enjoy camping in winter more than in summer - and who needs TV when you've got good friends, conversation and a bonfire  :D

Funnily - we didn't hear about the London bombings until Sunday morning when I bought the Sunday paper for something to read. Until then we hadn't listened to the radio or saw a paper/TV.

AndyP
13th July 2005, 11:29 AM
Hi all - for some stupid reason I can't find the AFL thread I started a little while ago - so I'm starting a new one.

Didn't end up going to either the Dome or MCG on the Sunday - I heard the bulldogs/st kilda game was excellent.  We originally had organised to accompany an MCG member to the game - but that got quashed at the last minute  :(  
Maybe you were looking too far back for the thread.

I bumped it recently to find out which game you went to and how it went.

Just realised that it may have got moved to the Sports Bar too, in case you were only looking in the 19th Hole.

Did you get the Iron Chef guy's autograph? Cool show that. ;)

Bruce
13th July 2005, 11:41 AM

Hotel's have baths, big beds that automagically make themselves, towels that get clean and dried by a laundry-fairy, and cable TV 8)

Hell yeah. I've even got picky about what kind of hotels I am prepared to stay at. eg. I will not allow work to book me into the Hilton in Sydney. That place is a dump. I do like the Sheraton on the Park and Raddison on Hyde.

I just want a hot shower. And a nice bed. And a mahogony writing desk. And marble tiles in the bathroom.

Is that too much to ask?

Fishman Dan
13th July 2005, 11:48 AM

Hell yeah.  I've even got picky about what kind of hotels I am prepared to stay at.  eg. I will not allow work to book me into the Hilton in Sydney.  That place is a dump.  I do like the Sheraton on the Park and Raddison on Hyde.  

I just want a hot shower.  And a nice bed.  And a mahogony writing desk.  And marble tiles in the bathroom.  

Is that too much to ask?

You forgot 'heated' marble tiles in the bathroom. :wink:

amanda
13th July 2005, 12:08 PM
Bruce - the Hilton in Sydney has been recently renovated - opening in a few months and it looks very swanky!

No - we didn't see the Iron Chef Chairman in person - only a letter he wrote and a painting he sent over in appreciation of the great food. It was expensive though - $120 for lunch (2 ppl) - but half the bill was sake :oops: 8)

Andrew
13th July 2005, 01:48 PM
Anything under 3 stars is camping as far as I am concerned. :roll: