Ph Number                  Cost

New Brighton                      9602 7547
St Michaels                         9311 0621

Liverpool is a Thursday Open Day. ALD would know the price
Camden also.

AndyP
12th May 2005, 08:23 PM
I don't think you were meant to reply in this thread, jimandr. #-o
Nevermind. When Grunt is ready to make it a sticky, I'll fix it up.

jimandr
12th May 2005, 08:24 PM
Fridays

Ph Number                      Cost

Macarthur Grange           9820 1600                       $39 with a cart
   2nd & Last Fridays

The Coast                      9661 5367

Again you missed my home course :wink: Thanks for making the effort to start this off though, it's a good idea to share Open Day experiences.

If I have a golfing RDO Friday is my usual day, so I know a bit more about Fridays.

Camden Valley
The Coast - about $35 from memory
Ryde-Parramatta - about $50
Dunheved
Richmond
Oatlands
Muirfield

If/when Andrew and Marcel read this thread they'll be able to fill in lots of the gaps.

marcel
13th May 2005, 08:22 AM
If/when Andrew and Marcel read this thread they'll be able to fill in lots of the gaps.

I've pm'ed with some details, more to come.

One that may be of interest is Manly, starting soon, there is an ad in this month's Golfer newspaper.

Grunt
13th May 2005, 09:13 AM
Thanks guys

Andy was right I was hoping to set it up like the SE qld site with nothing but the open day details, but we can fix that up once it is complete.

I know I had missed a lot of days, but I have just started to add them and ran out of time before I went to work last night. Please be paitient and we will be able to put together a thorough list that all of us here in Sydney can use to help us organise a game.

Thanks for all the detail that you have supplied, I will try to add them over the next few days. PM me with any that you come up with and I will add them too.

AndyP
28th May 2005, 07:55 PM
*bump*

Grunt, what's happening with this? Playing too much golf?

Grunt
30th May 2005, 03:41 PM
No Andy

Have been busy at work since last week and will stay that way until Friday afternoon.

I will try and get stuck into it next week if I get a chance before I go away. Don't worry it will happen I just have that much going on at the moment.

Fishman Dan
30th May 2005, 03:44 PM
Sunday

Gordon - Tee times from 9:00am to 10:30am

Usually oldies are the ones playing, but it's simple enough golf. Can be a long day depending on the groupings.

Grunt
9th June 2005, 07:23 AM
Hey Andy
Can I write this up as word file then just paste it in a post to make one message.

AndyP
9th June 2005, 07:30 AM
Hey Andy
Can I write this up as word file then just paste it in a post to make one message.
You don't want to have a seperate post per day, as per SE Qld Open Day thread?

Fishman Dan
9th June 2005, 07:49 AM
We need something so everyone can edit any of the days.

So ideally, 7 posts in the thread, and we can all edit each post as we find another course each day.

Is it possibly to allow us all to edit anyone elses posts? Either that, or a single NSW'er be in control, and others can PM them details for them to add to the list?

AndyP
9th June 2005, 08:21 AM
Is it possibly to allow us all to edit anyone elses posts?
No, not really. You can only customise the edit access per forum topic, not thread.

Either that, or a single NSW'er be in control, and others can PM them details for them to add to the list?
What's wrong with PM'ing it to the current administration to edit the threads?
I'm not sure if you are able to edit your own posts within a locked thread. But if you can, Grunt could set up the initial thread, then we'll lock it and make it a sticky. He would then be able to edit the inital posts, if able.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2005, 08:23 AM
Or make a thread - if anyone has an addition post it openly in that thread. AP, if you're up to it, edit the previous post(s) and paste the new info into the relevant day. Then delete the recent post with the new info.

:?:

AndyP
9th June 2005, 08:35 AM
Or make a thread - if anyone has an addition post it openly in that thread. AP, if you're up to it, edit the previous post(s) and paste the new info into the relevant day. Then delete the recent post with the new info.

:?:
Aaahhhhh, but if it's not locked, what's to stop people making off-topic posts, and destroying the thread?

Another idea: This thread remains, and can be used for people to supply updates. A locked sticky is created that holds the updated list. Only problem is that this thread won't stay at the top, however if a link is provided in the sticky directing people to this thread, then all should be good.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2005, 08:48 AM
Aaahhhhh, but if it's not locked, what's to stop people making off-topic posts, and destroying the thread?

Then a mod can delete it, because they would have been advised via the dob button ;)

Posting should be allowed, so if someone heads out to Gordon GC and has a great day, they can post a follow-up such as

"Played Gordon last Sunday, had a good round. Course is in excellent nick, but the round took over 5 hours.."

We're not after course ratings, but course conditions can change so we can use this to let others know.

AndyP
9th June 2005, 09:21 AM
Whatever you Sydney-siders want/need.  You are the guys that will be using it the most.

However, I can't really go back and edit this thread, as there are only placeholders for Monday to Friday at the start of this thread.
But I can selectively split the posts that occur after the first five into another thread.

Or you could just start up a new thread yourself.

Let me know what you want done.

Fishman Dan
9th June 2005, 09:24 AM
Whatever you Sydney-siders want/need.  You are the guys that will be using it the most.

Surely you can do this for QLD'ers (VIC's?) too?

Let me know what you want done.

Didn't we just do that?

Thanks AP - i think we've got some ideas, let's hear thoughts from other punters.

AndyP
9th June 2005, 09:39 AM
This is the SE Qld one here:
http://ozgolf.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=490
If any other regions want something set up, say the word.
Perhaps an abroad Open Day thread to cover all else unless the numbers warrant another region's thread

AndyP wrote: Let me know what you want done.
Didn't we just do that?
We have lots of ideas thrown around, and I've said what can and can't be done in the forum, but I didn't think anything was solid.

Anywho, as you said, let's leave it open for discussion to see what the masses want out of the thread.

AndyP
14th June 2005, 04:05 PM
*bump*

Fishy, it appears that you are the voice of NSW. :?

Grunt
22nd June 2005, 05:02 PM
I have started to edit the post guys but I cant seem to put it in a neat order of the columns. I will keep at it :) Sorry for taking so long to do it. :oops:

Jono
22nd June 2005, 06:02 PM
I have started to edit the post guys but I cant seem to put it in a neat order of the columns. I will keep at it :) Sorry for taking so long to do it. :oops:

Thanks for doing it, Grunt. :smt023 I've already used your list a couple of times. 8)

FYI, Bayview has open days every Tuesday. Ph: 9999 3078. I think the fee is about $30, but I'll check.

AndyP
22nd June 2005, 07:29 PM
No easy way to do it, Grunt, as there is no tab or table function to help you out. Might be better off giving up on neatness.

Grunt
25th June 2005, 01:21 PM
Andy
If we set it as a sticky can i still edit it?

AndyP
26th June 2005, 07:51 AM
If we set it as a sticky can i still edit it?
You should be able to.

I can see Monday-Friday open days, but no Saturday/Sunday?

Grunt
26th June 2005, 05:25 PM
I was only looking to add mid week at first as during winter alot of clubs here close their weekend open days.

Grunt
6th July 2005, 12:04 PM
Just to let everyone know Macarthur Grange is going to have open days every friday from August. Sponsor are in the final stages. Last friday of every month will still be the challenge of the plates and the other fridays will be like other club open days. Will post more details next week once sponsors and teh like have been finalised,

Grunt
11th July 2005, 03:30 PM
OK

The list is getting there. I started off just doing midweek open days but have now decided to do weekend too. Also I am going to get AndyP to delete everything that is not part of the open day info so it will be easier to read. Sorry for the jumbled nature of teh lists but I just could not get the columns to line up no matter what I tried.

pm me with your known weekend open day comps. I will add them once I have them.

Fishman Dan
11th July 2005, 03:51 PM
Sundays

Club                           Phone         Cost

Gordon 9498 1277 $25?

No, not cheap. Unfortunately they are still council land, which means a %'ge of every person onto the course goes to the council. But worthwhile and a decent challenge if you want a change.

Grunt
25th July 2005, 06:39 PM
Have updated the open day site with a few more details, will keep at it.

Grunt
19th August 2005, 05:42 AM
Anyone with any more info on open days that I have missed? Especially the weekend ones. Also Thursdays are a bit thin, if anyone knows of some on that day would be good too. Also if I have prices or ph numbers wrong pls let me know.

The list has filled up a bit and is coming in handy for myself and hopefully other ozgolfers too.

Just list them here or PM me and I will add them to the Open Days Page in the correct day.

Grunt
29th December 2005, 06:09 PM
Just a reminder that if I have missed any open days in the Syd open day thread reply in this post or PM me for me to add it to the list.

Thanks

Grunt
8th January 2006, 06:16 PM
Hey guys/girls

To assist in organising the NSW OzGolf Stroke Champs can all of you help find out which clubs have open days on weekends. It will make it easier for people to organise the round if there are options for them after all the easy options are taken eg. Camden Lakeside, Riverside Oaks etc. I will add them to the Sydney Open Day thread.

AndyP
17th February 2007, 08:28 PM
What is the current status of Newcastle Open Days?
I've asked twice to have it added to the open day thread. The first time I got a yes, and it didn't happen , the second time I got a no.

Is it open for every Friday of the month? Or just for the Tiger Tees once a month? Is it still $40?

Andrew
17th February 2007, 08:46 PM
What is the current status of Newcastle Open Days?
I've asked twice to have it added to the open day thread. The first time I got a yes, and it didn't happen , the second time I got a no.

Is it open for every Friday of the month? Or just for the Tiger Tees once a month? Is it still $40?

How about this time we give you a maybe.

It's only open on the last Friday of the month & it's only for the Tiger Tee challenge. I think it's $45 now.

Captain Nemo
27th May 2009, 01:15 PM
Kogarah wednesday's, all morning.

Coogee Beach
28th May 2009, 01:29 PM
I can't find it at the moment, but somewhere on the web is a complete list of all the sydney clubs and when their Open days are. It's a PDF file on another computer. I'll chuck it up .. if i can work it out.

Coogee Beach
28th May 2009, 01:32 PM
ah - here it is:

http://www.nswga.com.au/files/W6Z08O4WZE/Metro_Open_Days.pdf

good list.

Grunt
28th May 2009, 06:09 PM
Some of them on there are indeed incorrect. That is why I started up my own list.

Jono
2nd June 2009, 10:56 PM
Some of them on there are indeed incorrect. That is why I started up my own list.

Indeed.

Grunt
18th July 2009, 02:43 PM
Guys I am updating the Sydney Open Days Spreadsheet. Any changes that you know of please post here and I will edit as they come up.

Andrew_S
5th January 2010, 10:49 AM
Bankstown have open days on Sunday as well. I don't think it's well publicised, but I managed to book in on Sun 3 Jan.

Grunt
5th January 2010, 11:12 AM
Bankstown have open days on Sunday as well. I don't think it's well publicised, but I managed to book in on Sun 3 Jan.

Was it the same stupid price for Visitors?

3oneday
5th January 2010, 11:14 AM
yeah, make sure you have a brown one with ya ;)

Grunt
5th January 2010, 11:24 AM
Any more updates to the current list?

I will add it later tonight.

teckee7
29th March 2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Grunt

Where is the copy of the spreadsheet with your latest updates held?

Grunt
29th March 2010, 03:05 PM
Update not done yet but the Excel is on the Sydney Open day thread. Not this one, I will find the link inf I get a chance.