PDA

View Full Version : Adams Super Hybrid with Grafalloy (black) shaft

FoxGolf
21st July 2011, 06:41 PM
Hi a new poster after recently finding this forum,

I'm looking to update my hybrid (Taylormade Rescue Mid 19*) and have read lots of good stuff about Adams Hybrids. Been thinking of also getting rid of my 3 wood (Taylormade R540 XD) as it's never worked well for me. I am looking at the Super Hybrid in 15* and 19*. They look like they could take the place of my 3 wood ok.

A couple of questions. Does anyone know who in Perth stocks Adams? If anyone? I haven't found any to actually have a hit of yet. And has anyone heard of the Grafalloy (black) shaft? I can't find anything on the Grafalloy website about it.

I know that the Adams comes stock with a VooDoo shaft but there's some new ones on Ebay at the moment with a Grafalloy shaft. As they seem to be going for the same price as a used one with the VooDoo shaft I assume they're a cheaper quality but thought someone on here might know.

I currently have a Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shaft in my FT Tour driver that works really well. I wouldn't mind getting the same or similar in a hybrid but haven't been able to find any.

Yossarian
21st July 2011, 06:43 PM
Newman and Brooks do, but I don't think they have the Super hybrids or the V3. They may have got them in since I was last there though.

simmsy
21st July 2011, 06:48 PM
i doubt they would have. Adams in Western Australia are crapola. the only half decent place closed down about 3 months ago.

just do what the rest of us do, buy it, figure out it's not for you and then sell it here.

Adams gear hold their value really well.

Scifisicko
21st July 2011, 07:00 PM
Good shaft that PL Red. There is a heavier version designed for hybrids that was quite popular. Should be easy to pick up the shaft on its own or in an older adams hybrid on eBay.

Flavzz
21st July 2011, 08:45 PM
I have a 15* super hybrid Fox and find the distance the same as my 3 wood with a good flight. The voodoo is a pretty solid shaft too and I rate it highly. Not sure about the Graf black. Well worth a look into the Adams hybrids. Plenty of us on here with them in our bags :)

FoxGolf
21st July 2011, 09:46 PM
just do what the rest of us do, buy it,

I thought that might be the option I have to take.

figure out it's not for you and then sell it here.

Is that cause you don't think much of the Super Hybrids or just that all golfers are ho's and constantly looking for something better?

Johnny Canuck
21st July 2011, 09:51 PM
i doubt they would have. Adams in Western Australia are crapola. the only half decent place closed down about 3 months ago.

just do what the rest of us do, buy it, figure out it's not for you and then sell it here.

Adams gear hold their value really well.

Simmo, what shop shutdown?

I thought that might be the option I have to take.

Is that cause you don't think much of the Super Hybrids or just that all golfers are ho's and constantly looking for something better?

Hos Fox.

Simmsy has gone through 11 drivers so far this year.

timah!
21st July 2011, 10:00 PM
Hos Fox.

Simmsy has gone through 11 drivers so far this year.

And he'll never be allowed to forget it!

Yossarian
23rd July 2011, 12:30 AM
Wembley GC pro shop has a lot of adams stuff. Not sure about the hybrids though!

dave1
23rd July 2011, 02:47 AM
Hi a new poster after recently finding this forum,

I'm looking to update my hybrid (Taylormade Rescue Mid 19*) and have read lots of good stuff about Adams Hybrids. Been thinking of also getting rid of my 3 wood (Taylormade R540 XD) as it's never worked well for me. I am looking at the Super Hybrid in 15* and 19*. They look like they could take the place of my 3 wood ok.

A couple of questions. Does anyone know who in Perth stocks Adams? If anyone? I haven't found any to actually have a hit of yet. And has anyone heard of the Grafalloy (black) shaft? I can't find anything on the Grafalloy website about it.

I know that the Adams comes stock with a VooDoo shaft but there's some new ones on Ebay at the moment with a Grafalloy shaft. As they seem to be going for the same price as a used one with the VooDoo shaft I assume they're a cheaper quality but thought someone on here might know.

I currently have a Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shaft in my FT Tour driver that works really well. I wouldn't mind getting the same or similar in a hybrid but haven't been able to find any.

I have same combo and love adams super hybrids. 15 is easiest 15 deg club you'll hit.Funnily i find the stock aldila voodoo shafts to be ok.4 degrees is ok loft gap between hybrids.I still carry a 13 deb 3 wood also.

FoxGolf
23rd July 2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. The 15* with the Grafalloy shaft is gone now so I don't need to make that choice. I'll keep looking for a decent 15 and 19 with the VooDoo shaft from the same seller so I can save on some postage.

dave1
24th July 2011, 02:52 PM
usa ebay

FoxGolf
24th July 2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks Dave1, looking there. Just a cheap skate and trying to get a 'good' deal. You know what it's like, you do some research, work out what a fair price is, and then try and get it cheaper than that. One day soon i'll just bite the bullet and pay the $250 or thereabouts and get them in my bag.

dave1
24th July 2011, 11:36 PM
Yes patience is key. Best golf club i have hit bar none.A good deal will come.

Yossarian
24th July 2011, 11:54 PM
You say that about every club you have owned.