PDA

View Full Version : Hux vs Kpac: MP Quarters

kpac
21st July 2011, 03:30 PM
Ok big boy. When are we going to do this?

I'm about at the moment, but am know to be away all to often.. so the sooner the better for me.
WHEN/WHERE?
As per matchplay thread w/ends suit me best, but i'll try a work around availability.
I've got a couple of comp rounds at Parkwood on the GC if you want to make the trip for a freebie.
Otherwise lets get this thing going.

BrisVegas
21st July 2011, 04:28 PM
if there's a tie, will you two have a ride-off?

kpac
21st July 2011, 05:43 PM
if there's a tie, will you two have a ride-off?

i'll need to be on the right side of the handicapping!!

kpac
26th July 2011, 03:57 PM
Hux, where are you mate? Lets do this thing!
I'll be out of town next week/weekend. What sort to time/day are you good for?

Daves
26th July 2011, 03:59 PM
Hux, where are you mate? Lets do this thing!
I'll be out of town next week/weekend. What sort to time/day are you good for?

I think he is in Bundy for work this week.

AndyP
26th July 2011, 04:07 PM
Daves, since you saw me play today, do you think these two gents are very lucky to not have to play me?

Daves
26th July 2011, 04:07 PM
Daves, since you saw me play today, do you think these two gents are very lucky to not have to play me?

No.

AndyP
26th July 2011, 04:09 PM
Bah, what would you know.

Jarro
26th July 2011, 04:56 PM
Go Hux !!

Hux
26th July 2011, 07:53 PM
Hi Kent

Been focussed off golf lately - better get serious.

I am out this weekend. Already committed to play Sat and sunday is a training ride (@70k is anyone is interested).

I am off next week and then back at work....all of August is club champs at Bribie and am riding every Sunday getting ready for this 100km Challenge.
If you can get Thursday 25th of August off I have a spot in a group at Lakelands ($70) at @ 11am from memory. Other than that I will have to try and fit it in somehow.
What is the close off date for this round? I reckon a Sunday PM would be a possible squeeze but you will slay me after I have killed myself on the bike in the morning.

jaybam
26th July 2011, 08:06 PM
Cut off is end of this month mate. Iain and I were going to do ours this weekend but have to fix my car so are doing it next Friday which is 4 days after the cut off.

AndyP
26th July 2011, 08:06 PM
End of July was the end date for the Quarters. Semis and Final need to be played by the second week of October, so an end of August match would only leave 6 or 7 weeks to get two more rounds done.

kpac
26th July 2011, 09:57 PM
Late August is no good sorry mate, i'll be up with FNQ kids, playing in some warmer weather!

This sunday you're a chance?
The weekend after that i'm away and you're N/A. The midweek rounds aren't going to be a snack for me at the moment, seeing i'm fighting to earn a crust. And i'll be heading north on the 19th Aug
This is going to be tough! Keep me posted on opportunities...

Ned
27th July 2011, 05:21 AM
EKKA Wednesday ?

kpac
27th July 2011, 08:02 AM
EKKA Wednesday ?

I work on Victorian time. Not QLD public hols for me.
I can sneak in a midweek round early/late of occasion tho - it's not out of the question..

Hux
27th July 2011, 08:25 AM
Late August is no good sorry mate, i'll be up with FNQ kids, playing in some warmer weather!

This sunday you're a chance?
The weekend after that i'm away and you're N/A. The midweek rounds aren't going to be a snack for me at the moment, seeing i'm fighting to earn a crust. And i'll be heading north on the 19th Aug
This is going to be tough! Keep me posted on opportunities...

This Sunday is no good. The weekend after is a maybe. NK may be onto an opportunity?

Hux
1st August 2011, 08:36 PM
KP how are you placed for the Ekka PH for Brisbane. Late or early means nothing. Both work for me.

AndyP
1st August 2011, 08:44 PM
See post #15.

Hux
1st August 2011, 08:47 PM
See post #15.

\How about we let Kent answer for himself Andy... unless you are working as his PA at present?

AndyP
1st August 2011, 08:52 PM
Sorry for having an interest in getting the match played. I am actually running the matchplay comp, in case you forgot.

Hux
1st August 2011, 08:56 PM
Sorry for having an interest in getting the match played. I am actually running the matchplay comp, in case you forgot.

**** I forgot how important you are.

However..I posted a question for Kent about playing the game and will await his answer....I don't believe you can answer it for him regardless of your level of importance.

AndyP
1st August 2011, 08:59 PM
Good on ya, internet tough guy.

You yourself have said that you don't take this comp very seriously, which probably explains why you haven't played a match in 2011.

Hux
1st August 2011, 09:11 PM
ROFLMAO....a tough guy by your definition is obviously someone who doesn't take shit from someone who wants to jump in on something they cannot answer.

I have not been focussed on golf lately is what I said but YES I don't take this comp seriously - I treat it no more seriously than the $5 bet on a Saturday comp. I would be concerned with people DO take it seriously.

kpac
1st August 2011, 09:19 PM
Wowzers.

Mate there's no public holiday for me for the ekka sorry. 1-Gold coast don't get it 2- even if they did, i work out of melbourne.
I'm off tomorrow night as i said, will be back in QLD on Thursday 11th.
I'd like to do it that weekend if there's a chance? as the following weekend i'm committed elsewhere (and besides it's going to start to stretch the time window's...)
I'm not keen on midweekers with the current work situation needing a fair bit of attention, but if it's a must, an early morn or late arvo could be a chance.

Hux
1st August 2011, 09:24 PM
Righto...weekend of the 13th...sounds like the 14th unless I blow up in the club champs this week making it pointless to play any future weeks....

Venue in mind? I would prefer an early game if possible so I can do a ride in the afternoon.

kpac
1st August 2011, 09:44 PM
Nice one, I'll clear the schedule for the 14th.
If we ask nicely, i'm sure one of the Nudgee faithful will help us out. But i'm open to suggestion. There's a few tracks down here with slots open on Sundays, I'm sure i could nab an early slot or 2 at Helensvale?
Otherwise i'm all ears - Gailes, wynnum. The further this side of town the better (but i don't really care).

BrisVegas
2nd August 2011, 07:48 AM
I would prefer an early game if possible so I can do a ride in the afternoon.

:lol:

You've changed man.

Eag's
2nd August 2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah Hux, what's with all this cycling mate?

jaybam
2nd August 2011, 10:04 AM
Maybe he wants to be a tough skinny copper instead of a nice soft squishy marshmallow.
:)

kpac
4th August 2011, 07:51 AM
Hux,
I can organise a group before 8 at Helensvale if you're interested in coming down this way?
Let us know.

jaybam
7th August 2011, 04:50 PM
Seeing as how iain and I are now doubling up with you guys what have you decided?

Hux
7th August 2011, 07:12 PM
I will ring Carbrook and see if we can get on Sunday morning. Next choice after that will be Gailes and Oxley I guess. After that we may be asking the Nudgee faithful to book us a group at Nudgee.

jaybam
7th August 2011, 07:23 PM
Carbrook is a fourball and after social clubs. Oxley a stroke and no idea about gailes

Hux
7th August 2011, 07:26 PM
Carbrook is a fourball and after social clubs. Oxley a stroke and no idea about gailes

Righto - that is limiting. Oxley should be fine if we can get a time slot then.

kpac
14th August 2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the game Hux.
In hindesight the golf wasn't that shabby.
Was good fun mate.

Kpac 4&3

Who's up next?

jaybam
14th August 2011, 12:49 PM
Hux you suck. Well played kpac. I suppose you deserve it more seeing as how far you had to go to play it. You get to play iain next. Good luck.

Lagerlover
14th August 2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations kpac

Jarro
14th August 2011, 01:00 PM
Nice work Kent.

Hux, you suck !!

Jarro
14th August 2011, 02:07 PM
He had a confident stride walking down the first.

I knew Hux was in trouble right away .....

BrisVegas
14th August 2011, 02:14 PM
well done kpac. hux, you suck. :lol:

kpac
14th August 2011, 02:41 PM
Hah, cheers guys. In fairness to the Hux. He played well, with 36 points, turned out to be 3 more than me.

sms316
14th August 2011, 02:45 PM
Hah, cheers guys. In fairness to the Hux. He played well, with 36 points, turned out to be 3 more than me.

Hmmm... sounds like the old "win the match early and then pull the handbrake" trick. What did you score over the last three holes?

kpac
14th August 2011, 02:52 PM
Hmmm... sounds like the old "win the match early and then pull the handbrake" trick. What did you score over the last three holes?

1 - 0 - 0

sms316
14th August 2011, 02:54 PM
1 - 0 - 0
Great stuff, Sandbags.

kpac
14th August 2011, 03:20 PM
the wheels did fall off after the handshake. Wasn't going to trouble the scorers anyway though.

Eag's
14th August 2011, 05:14 PM
Nice win Kpac, bad luck Hux.

Hux
14th August 2011, 06:53 PM
You guys are so nice to me......well Eags is anyway the rest of you are crunts!!

Congrats to Kent for a good win. He played very well mosty although had a couple of dusty holes along the way. I really appreciate him coming up for the game to allow me to do my 60km ride this arvo.

So my take on the match.....

Kpac took an early lead and kept on solid pressure, finishing 2 shots up on the front after we both had our brain farts on a couple of holes.
Pretty sure it was KKCKKCK0C - no idea how you take a 5 on a 90m par 3 but I managed on 8 with a shot, Kent did the sporting thing & 3 jabbed to allow me a half :-)

The back went 0K0KCK, 11 had KP grab a nice birdie after a sweet shot in to the 140m par 3, I had my chance to claw one back but 3 putted 12 to halve the hole and then on 13 we both missed the fairway but the usual 18hcp chopper recovery shot then my worst fairway shot of the round lead to a conceded hole. 14 had me hit the flag with a slightly thin PW but KP had a nasty bunker shot and conceded it with a shocker recovery. Kent played some great shots particularly on the 15th where he won it with a great shot to maybe 2 feet after I had put mine to @ 10 feet, obviously the games with Dicky have harden him as a gentle sledge over his 2 foot putt didn't even phase him and it was a nice birdie to win the hole and the match.

To prove I sux I finished the round with par, par & 3 putt bogey - a strong finisher after the match was done and dusted :-)

I was actually hitting the ball heaps better than I have been so not disappointed with the loss at all, (check my Glink and see that if I played as bad as I had the past few weeks it would have been over on the front nine).

Kent is rock solid and well placed to take out the title.

Lucasto23
14th August 2011, 07:15 PM
Unlucky Hux, well done kpac :)

Iain
14th August 2011, 07:24 PM
Well done Kent.

Where do you want to play?

timah!
14th August 2011, 07:33 PM
I nominate Vic Park putt putt.

kpac
15th August 2011, 05:38 AM
Well done Kent.

Where do you want to play?

Iain, i'm pretty easy mate. I cant do the following 2 weekends. So i'd prefer september sometime.
How are you suited september? I don't mind what course. There's a few options down here on the coast.

10/9/2011
Southport has their annual open comp for 5-18 caps which is usually a good event. i'm sure we could get a few interested?

Iain
15th August 2011, 05:46 AM
I'm in Bali from 4th sept to 14th. Have annual leave from 29th august though.

kpac
15th August 2011, 07:08 AM
sweet, we should be able to slot something in between 29th and 4th