PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Brisbane

BrettM
20th July 2011, 03:55 PM
I'll be moving to Brisbane to start work in the middle of August with my wife and daughter heading down in the middle of September.

Thought I'd ask regarding day care for my girl who is almost 2 and a half. If anyone knows of a good family daycare (which is what she is in now) which may have a spot then could you please let me know. We are thinking as a rough area to live around The Gap, but are also looking around the Graceville, Yeronga area, and perhaps Brookwater. Wife will be working in CBD and I'll be at Yeerongpilly. Also, if anyone knows of someone looking for a tenant for their house for up to 12 months then let me know.

Cheers.

mike
20th July 2011, 05:23 PM
Glad you're going. I never liked you much anyway.

mike
20th July 2011, 05:31 PM
What's the story Brett?

markTHEblake
20th July 2011, 05:42 PM
Probably bought a lawn mowing run. seems a lot of greenkeepers are doing that these days.

Steve57
20th July 2011, 05:46 PM
Brisbane GC perhaps?

BrettM
20th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Glad you're going. I never liked you much anyway.

Feeling's mutual. Courty is happy as well as it means he should be able to progress beyond the first round of the FNQ matchplay :mrgreen:

What's the story Brett?

Returning to Brisbane GC as Superintendent.

Jarro
20th July 2011, 05:50 PM
Better mechanics here in Brissy too Brett.

haysey
20th July 2011, 06:26 PM
Should of heard what Brendon had to say this morning....

Sad to see you go Brett. Any chance of a farewell game of golf?

mike
20th July 2011, 07:18 PM
Returning to Brisbane GC as Superintendent.Is that a step up from STCC?
I think Moe Norman is a member there. John Smoljko too.

Can't help you regarding daycare, sorry.

Moe Norman
20th July 2011, 07:21 PM
BrettM

I live in graceville, and I'm a member of Brisbane GC.

I have a mate who is also a member who lives in Yeronga that has one of his boys in home daycare. I can also recommend a good standard day care centre if required.

Not much to rent around here due to the floods though, things slowly coming back on the market recently though.

Send me a PM if you want more detailed help

Tomson
20th July 2011, 07:30 PM
Sad to see you go brettm, as haysey said any chance of a round before you go?

Ned
20th July 2011, 07:35 PM
Should of heard what Brendon had to say this morning....

Another quote for Cainrs GC again today Haysey ?

BrettM
20th July 2011, 07:38 PM
Moe, thanks - I'll be in touch by the weekend.

Haysey/Tom - I have 2 weeks off before I leave and start. Would be keen for a mid-week round at Cairns.

Tomson
20th July 2011, 07:42 PM
Sweet, next week??

BrettM
20th July 2011, 07:43 PM
Last week is next week, off from the 30th to the 14th of August.

BrisVegas
20th July 2011, 07:55 PM
There are affordable rentals around The Gap and Ashgrove. Bit of a drive to yeerongipilly, but no biggie at tbe hours you'd be travelling. Dont know about family daycare, but there are excellent state schools around asgrove and bardon.

BrettM
20th July 2011, 08:40 PM
There are affordable rentals around The Gap and Ashgrove. Bit of a drive to yeerongipilly, but no biggie at tbe hours you'd be travelling. Dont know about family daycare, but there are excellent state schools around asgrove and bardon.

Thanks BrisVegas. Renting is not our preferred option, but we would up to 12 months to make sure that the suburb is where we want to buy so that we don't have to move the girl around too much.

I thought you were going to be at the Supers day on Monday ???
Can't Dr Turf spring for some airfares to get you down ?

I'll be down Sunday but fly home Monday morning as I have a date with my girl at the baby animal section of the Mossman show.

Besides, I'd rather Dr Turf spent the association money on a disease issue affecting turf in the north which I proposed several months ago. Started out promising.....

Dcanto
20th July 2011, 08:53 PM
Sorry to see you go Brett. Best of luck in the big smoke.

Marto65
20th July 2011, 08:59 PM
Congrats on the appointment at Brissie mate. There are a lot of members who are pretty stoked you're coming back.

What about somewhere around Kenmore - Brookfield?

I'm no expert on the south side though .. I just play golf there.

shavey
20th July 2011, 09:56 PM
Also check the YMCA for home care options.. IMO a much better way to go if you can find the right one.

Moe Norman
21st July 2011, 09:43 AM
Brett,

There are some very good properties for sale in Graceville/Chelmer/Corinda area at the moment that are reasonably priced, bargains in fact imo. These are on flood free blocks, but values were still affected. I imagine this value discrepancy will drop over time, so its a great time to buy in the area.

Having said that, some good rentals are popping up - not sure what your needs are though?

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-yeronga-403148510 - you could walk to BGC in about 3 minutes from that place!

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-yeronga-405297550 - good location, nice and close to BGC and a 10 minute commute to CBD in peak traffic

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-corinda-405291306 - another good location, 5 min drive to BGC and a 20 min commute to CBD in car or 10 min on train

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-corinda-405306478 - as above

BrisVegas
21st July 2011, 09:50 AM
^^ that Paragon St rental in Yeronga is a great spot considering work at BGC and commute via the Express train from Yeerongipilly station. I used to live around the corner and it's a handy part of town. close to perci's house of golf too!

$420 is pretty cheap considering the area. Rent for a year and shop for bargains on the housing market. Plenty of people saying there's more falling to happen still....

Iain
21st July 2011, 10:38 AM
^^ that Paragon St rental in Yeronga is a great spot considering work at BGC and commute via the Express train from Yeerongipilly station. I used to live around the corner and it's a handy part of town. close to perci's house of golf too!

$420 is pretty cheap considering the area. Rent for a year and shop for bargains on the housing market. Plenty of people saying there's more falling to happen still....

Only 1 or 2 expresses from yeerongpilly now. The gold coasters don't stop there anymore. Still only 10-15 mins into the city all stops though.

solarman
21st July 2011, 12:45 PM
Do you need a hand to drink any of that special brew you got?

Courty
22nd July 2011, 12:11 PM
Courty is happy as well as it means he should be able to progress beyond the first round of the FNQ matchplay :mrgreen:

:smt087

Sad to hear you're leaving, mate. Just make sure you leave a note at Sea Temple for permanent discounts for OZgolfers. ;)

I'm certainly keen to see you for a game before you go. Is there any chance of doing it on or before August 3rd (when I leave for NZ).

jaybam
22nd July 2011, 12:14 PM
Speaking to my boss and his dad today they are quite keen on your return to Brisbane golf club.