PDA

View Full Version : Short game ramblings.....

oz
12th July 2005, 02:49 PM
So I'm home today with the kids on school holidays. After spending the morning together, they are happy to do some quiet crafts for an hour or so this afternoon, with only a little help needed from Dad.

So I go out into the back yard and start practicing some chips & pitches. I haven't done that in a long, long time.

Anyway, with my game in it's shabby state of repair due to restricted winter practice opportunities, I've decided the following things:

1. I need a system. I like using the sit, walk, & run routine, with 3 basic ball positions to vary the flight.

2. For short to mid-short shots, I chip and pitch better with my putting grip.

3. My hands feel more unified with the interlock grip (this one doesn't just apply to short game). I've been playing the overlap for about 12-18 months.

4. The Cleveland RTG wedges feel nice. They are heavier than my old wedges, though, by quite a margin, and this makes the very, very short shots a little harder to control. I'll need to work on that.

5. I need to practice more.

6. The kikuyu in my yard is very easy to hit flops from. I found some thinner patches though to more closely simulate a regular fairway lie.

7. My daughters are great. We messed around and had some fun, in between me hitting chips, and them doing their crafts.

8. Our cat is a psycho. "Smooch" was hiding in the garden, and then would sprint out in to the yard, commando roll over the golf balls, and then sprint back to the bushes. He is a nutter.

9. Life would be more fun if I only had to work 2 or 3 days a week.

That is all, for now.

Cheers

Oz