PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Matrix ozix xcon shaft

davepuppies
16th July 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi all,

i am thinking of ordering a genuine matrix for my 910D2.

I currently have the RIP (red eyes) in it.

I had the made for matrix in my 909s, and like the high launch low spin

anyone played the genuine article? How does it compare to the RIP?

thanks

TheNuclearOne
16th July 2011, 11:05 PM

aussieashley
3rd May 2015, 06:47 AM
Digging up an old thread here.
As anyone hit the Xcon?
What other high launch, low spin options are available these days?

davepuppies
3rd May 2015, 09:44 AM
I ended up getting the xcon, and it was good, but the genuine article is a bit heavier than the 60 gram stable I was used to.

I then went to a AD DI and it was a bit lighter, spun a bit more, and seemed higher launch.

TP7HD launched a bit lower, seemed to be low spin

Back to the red eyes RIP for me

TheNuclearOne
3rd May 2015, 10:03 AM
The Xcon6 was a very nice shaft, i actually golued one into a 9015D late last night. The 5 was for VERY smooth swingers but was lights out long if you were the right fit. The Xcon7 was actually quite low launch and spin, much more so than stated. I should never have let it go.

aussieashley
3rd May 2015, 12:17 PM
I ended up getting the xcon, and it was good, but the genuine article is a bit heavier than the 60 gram stable I was used to.

I then went to a AD DI and it was a bit lighter, spun a bit more, and seemed higher launch.

TP7HD launched a bit lower, seemed to be low spin

Back to the red eyes RIP for me

In reality I probably need swing changes more than shaft changes, but anyway.

I've always hit it low off the tee, but seem to spin a 10.5 too much.
I'm currently hitting a 9.5deg 913D3 with Diamana Blue S+ 62 and I think it's going too low.
I did have an ADDI 7S in it, but that is definitely not a shaft that suited me. Hit it low and right.
My 3 wood has a Tour Green in it, and I really like my 3 wood (but not really sure if that is due to the shaft).

Icestorm959
4th May 2015, 08:30 AM
I've got the Xconn's successor, the Matrix White Tie for sale if anyone is interested.

backintheswing
4th May 2015, 08:43 AM
I've got the Xconn's successor, the Matrix White Tie for sale if anyone is interested.

What are the specs ?

Icestorm959
4th May 2015, 09:09 PM
What are the specs ?

Matrix white tie 5x3 In stiff.
Mint condition with an R1 tip, never been pulled or tipped. Plays around 45.5 inches in my Adams head.