PDA

View Full Version : Willawong Driving Range

IamViva
15th July 2011, 10:46 PM
so i went for a drive this evening to Willawong Driving Range, i arrived at 6.40pm and saw the place was locked up tight, i did notice a sign out the front for "Proposed Development". Does anybody know if it has been closed down or was it just poor timing?

i ended up heading to Logan River Range as its only 5mins down the freeway from my joint but ive heard Willawong is a nice facility.

on a side note anybody know what Zoe Nelson from Logan River Range is like as a teaching pro?
ive seen chris gibson in the past but dont work that side of town anymore and dont really get the opportunity anymore :roll:

Thanks peeps

Daves
16th July 2011, 09:36 AM
Gawwn. It closed down a few months ago now I believe. The site is going to be redeveloped as the sign indicated.

markTHEblake
16th July 2011, 09:45 AM
not much hope for the Logan one either. The owner will only give one year leases as he wants to develop it and is waiting for the right moment.

the leaseholder has been desperately trying to sell it at a huge loss to her but nobody is interested because you wouldnt take it on unless you had 5 years at least.

out of curiousity has anyone new taken it over in the last 6 months? i expect that lady who was there was close to walking out. ( not a golfer)

AndyP
16th July 2011, 10:18 AM
Gawwn. It closed down a few months ago now I believe. The site is going to be redeveloped as the sign indicated.
Wouldn't be much of a redevelopment, as there is nothing else in Willawong.

There was a period when I frequently went there. Dirt cheap and I liked the short game area more than Oxley's two tier garbage.

BrisVegas
16th July 2011, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't be much of a redevelopment, as there is nothing else in Willawong.

There was a period when I frequently went there. Dirt cheap and I liked the short game area more than Oxley's two tier garbage.

Good spot for affordable housing. Brisbane needs more of it.

AndyP
16th July 2011, 10:29 AM
I wonder if it is allowed to be. It's all big properties in that area.

PeteyD
16th July 2011, 02:23 PM
Apparently Alma Park Zoo is moving into where the logan river range is. Not sure if they will replace the range, but the hotel etc is all going to be part of it. Slated for later this year I believe.

squishy
20th July 2011, 07:08 AM
willawong was brought by a construction company, they have the land all the way down to the football fields they are raising the land 3 meters and using it to store their construction equipment

squishy
20th July 2011, 12:14 PM
also heard oxley is closing down, a boys collage in brisbane (bbc i think) is turning it into the playing fields for rugby and soccer

Jarro
20th July 2011, 01:01 PM
also heard oxley is closing down, a boys collage in brisbane (bbc i think) is turning it into the playing fields for rugby and soccer

Crikey :shock:

Will there be any decent ranges left in Brissy in the future ??

just
20th July 2011, 01:03 PM
Big Ezy is still running isn't it?

Jarro
20th July 2011, 01:20 PM
As far as i know.

The range near me is still open too, so all is not lost.

i dread the thought of having to hit balls on the range at Nudgee G.C !!

AndyP
20th July 2011, 02:39 PM
also heard oxley is closing down, a boys collage in brisbane (bbc i think) is turning it into the playing fields for rugby and soccerIs there a confirmed date for this? The school has always owned the land and the range and course out the back lease it.

squishy
20th July 2011, 07:26 PM
from what i was told they are trying to move it along quickly after the floods, Oxley range tried there luck with the bit of land next to Harvey Norman at Oxley but got knocked back by council

Ronny
20th July 2011, 07:52 PM
Big Ezy is still running isn't it?

Yep, still open. Big area that surely will be housing soon but still available to hit little white pills in anger!