PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 11th July

McMw
11th July 2005, 09:10 PM
Me and Kid (JP1) had a win on the last hole for a 1Up win (9hole)...

Premier League Competition, First round is round robin against 20 or so other teams (9hole comp), based on nett...

I was the anchor, so I gave 3 strokes to the Kid, 4 Stroke to Opponent 1, and 7 strokes to Opponent 2...

Safe to say that I only contributed 1 hole!!! :lol: and that was the par putt on the last for the win!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

another team had a 5&4 win this evening!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

markTHEblake
11th July 2005, 09:43 PM
I have been wondering for a couple of years, who is the Kid?

McMw
11th July 2005, 10:12 PM
this is another kid, Edwin.
great swing, great game...
in the recent club open, he had 2 blinder days of 78/78 for a net 61/61...
safe to say that he carried my sorry @$$ thru the match this evening...

the other KID (Lai) paired up with another mate...and he's down to a 5 now after a 74 yesterday...

markTHEblake
11th July 2005, 10:30 PM
so you mean he is not your son, but some grommet you hang out with?

McMw
11th July 2005, 10:36 PM
yeah....like I would have a 14-15yr old kid at the age of 28.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

markTHEblake
11th July 2005, 10:54 PM
by the looks of your Avatar you'd really would like a 15yo kid dont you?

cazandpaul
13th July 2005, 02:33 PM
-3 - I hate par events :evil:

sominc
13th July 2005, 06:42 PM
played with the old man this afternoon and kicked his sorry ass :D

gross 81, nett 66

Had 2 doubles and a birdie. Havnt been able to hit an iron for months, but drove, putted and chipped quite well.

Grunt
14th July 2005, 01:01 PM
Played Liverpool this morning

34 points, played ok just had 4 brain explosion holes. The game is getting there, I can feel it.

Going to shoot some embarressing score soon.

peter_rs
15th July 2005, 08:59 AM
played 36 holes yesterday.

Nudgee north blue 36 points.
river lakes white 36 points.

Nothing special, still not friends with the driver and learning iron distances.

The putt was working most of the time.

Flowergirl
15th July 2005, 03:08 PM
My golf is crap.....I hate this game. It's offical - I am in a slump. Anyone want to buy a set of golf clubs - except for the driver - thats ok. And my fairawy woods - oh and my irons are ok. Nothing wrong with my wedges and putter either - Oh - that's what it is. It's not my clubs - I'm just crap. :evil:
( guess who has had a string of bad games - I know - it'll happen - but WHEN!!!!!!!!!!)
Ok(sob) .I feel a bit better ( sob) now. ( sob) Good thing about being a chick - we are allowed to sook.
And if anyone mentions friggin Rotella I'll chuck the book at them :evil:

Fishman Dan
15th July 2005, 03:25 PM
My golf is crap.....I hate this game. It's offical - I am in a slump. Anyone want to buy a set of golf clubs - except for the driver - thats ok. And my fairawy woods - oh and my irons are ok. Nothing wrong with my wedges and putter either - Oh - that's what it is. It's not my clubs - I'm just crap. :evil:
( guess who has had a string of bad games - I know - it'll happen - but WHEN!!!!!!!!!!)
Ok(sob) .I feel a bit better ( sob) now. ( sob) Good thing about being a chick - we are allowed to sook.
And if anyone mentions friggin Rotella I'll chuck the book at them :evil:

It's all whinging unless you post... A SCORE! :twisted:

Flowergirl
15th July 2005, 04:08 PM
Wednesday.....ist round of the Presidents Trophy ( which I won last year)
Stableford - front nine 16 points - back nine 6 points.
Happy now Dan - ( sob sob)
I couldn't report on the game before cos I had trouble seeing the keyboard through the tears.

Fishman Dan
15th July 2005, 04:13 PM
Just wanted to make sure you successfully frosby-flopped over AndyP's record 8)

McMw
15th July 2005, 07:34 PM
woeful 77 today... :(

1 under thru 6, then went bog/bog/bog/bog/bog thru the turn...

2 more bogs and a double against a bird in the last 5 didn't do too much either... :evil: :evil:

cazandpaul
16th July 2005, 08:37 AM
multiple bogs :shock:

Jarro
16th July 2005, 03:14 PM
31 points around Nudgee today :(

hitting driver OK, just gotta learn how to hit irons/chip/putt and i'll be Ok :lol:

oz
16th July 2005, 03:40 PM
Monthly medal today. Course was very wet, and playing long. Very cold, and even got some fog and breeze, too. Almost bloody British Open weather... :)

What a messy round.

4 birdies
2 doubles
6 bogeys
and 6 pars.

Finished the round strong with

#15 - index 1 - Par
#16 - index 5 - Par
#17 - index 7 - Birdie
#18 - index 3 - Birdie

so that was nice.... :)

78 for a nett 72.

Trung
16th July 2005, 03:55 PM
1 down today 8)

jimandr
16th July 2005, 04:14 PM
2nd round of the club matchplay. My opponent is a better player than me, so I needed to play well to be a chance.

Instead, I played poorly. Just unable to get off the bogey train.

Thrashed, 6 and 5 :oops: Didn't win a hole.

A bad way to go into the really important matchplay game against Amanda tomorrow.

Grunt
16th July 2005, 06:34 PM
played crap golf this morning, 9 point on the front 9 was trying too hard and paid the penalty. Better back nine followed for a Solid 23 points. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow in the 2nd round of metropolitan C grade Pennants. We play Bexley @ home. Ball striking on back nine was way more solid. game is still going forward even though the score did not reflect it today.

BrisVegas
16th July 2005, 08:18 PM
Played Windyroo today with Tez and a couple of old women. :wink:

Shot 147 off the white tees for 20 points. Left a few out there :smt100

McMw
16th July 2005, 10:27 PM
played Eastwood again...2nd time!!!
very windy...almost BOpen like... :lol:

was only 2 over coming into 17 and 18 (1 bird, 3 bogeys)...
then 3putt bogey on 17, and a triple 8 on 18 (3 penalty strokes)... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

78 (6over) for the round...again a similar "what-could-have-been" scenario from 3 weeks ago...

Jarro
17th July 2005, 06:43 AM
Played Windyroo today with Tez and a couple of old women.   :wink:

Shot 147 off the white tees for 20 points.  Left a few out there  :smt100

:shock: :shock: gotta be a typo for sure :shock: :shock:

gazgolf1
17th July 2005, 08:11 AM
34 pts at blowin like a bar$tard Nudgee yesterday. :?
First round with the new X-Tour irons and I probably hit one in the sweetspot all day :cry: ,that was a 9 iron that I airmailed over the back of the 16th green....felt like butter.
Off to the range to find some more sweetspot action. :P

3oneday
17th July 2005, 08:22 AM
34 pts at blowin like a bar$tard Nudgee yesterday. :?
First round with the new X-Tour irons and I probably hit one in the sweetspot all day :cry: ,that was a 9 iron that I airmailed over the back of the 16th green....felt like butter.
Off to the range to find some more sweetspot action. :PGaz, funny, I read something this weekend where a guy hated these clubs at the range, but they flatout performed on the course, weirdest thing I'd ever heard. One on the sweet spot isn't bad first up, I have heard that the mishits end up close to the greens anyway.

34 points, in the wind, 1st up with new irons, hmmm, sounds promising...

Pete

gazgolf1
17th July 2005, 08:32 AM
[quote=gazgolf1]  I have heard that the mishits end up close to the greens anyway.
Pete

Pete,
I had a few of those yesterday its just when you hit one sweet and it goes about 10m further than you expected you wonder why you can't do it all the time. :?
Anyway I like em so far and hopefully a bit of range time will sort me out.

Actually I hit 2 sweet....pitching wedge from about 105m to about 15ft behind the hole on the 4th,forgot about that one. :oops:

Fishman Dan
17th July 2005, 02:23 PM
1st Round of Club Champs (4 Stroke rounds).

Had 79 off the bat for a nett 61 (par 65), with 2 groups to come in i was leading B-Grade by 2 shots. Some C-Grade burglar had 80 off 21 for a nett 59 to undoubtably win it.

To dissect what went on, getting off the tee was passable at best, irons were nothing special, but I dropped a number of long putts. 33 putts for the day including 4 from off the green (the 20 footer from off the green on the last summed it up) doesn't quite tell the story.

CCR was 66, lost 1.5 - down to 16.9 again! I'm not playing to win a club Champs (only been there 4 weeks!), but we'll see how it pans out after next Saturday.

AndyP
17th July 2005, 04:38 PM
Monthly medal today. Course was very wet, and playing long. Very cold, and even got some fog and breeze, too. Almost bloody British Open weather... :)
What time did you tee off, oz? I want to get some idea of what is a reasonable tee-off time for when I am in Swan Hill next month, and what sort of conditions I am up for.

As was the case with my time in Canberra last year, I'm thinking it is going to be a different sort of golf.

-------------

Nice round, Fish. :smt023

Fishman Dan
17th July 2005, 05:09 PM
Nice round, Fish.  :smt023

Thanks AP.

Giddy up - http://www.clubdiaries.com.au/old_site/results_view_detail.php?id=53060

Ooh, forgot to add - i also furthered the B-grade longest drive by about 1.5 metres as well, so i could be up for that too. :D

Anonymous
17th July 2005, 05:34 PM
Well done Fishman but,

Had 79 off the bat for a nett 61 (par 65), with 2 groups to come in i was leading B-Grade by 2 shots. Some C-Grade burglar had 80 off 21 for a nett 59 to undoubtably win it.
How come the other guy is a burglar and you're not. :oops: :wink:

AndyP
17th July 2005, 05:36 PM
How come the other guy is a burglar and you're not. :oops: :wink:
Anyone that beats you when you shoot a good score is labelled a burglar.

Fishman Dan
17th July 2005, 05:36 PM
Well done Fishman but,

How come the other guy is a burglar and you're not. :oops:  :wink:

Yeah yeah, move along, nothing to see here ;) :lol:

Actually felt for the A-Grader, who shot 66 off the stick for a nett 62 to come 3rd all up. In a day that there were less than 10 breakers, the C-grader did very well - he's 6 or more shots for the C-grade runner up, with about 10 gross 100+'s.

Trung
17th July 2005, 05:38 PM
4 down today 8)

oz
17th July 2005, 05:38 PM
Monthly medal today.  Course was very wet, and playing long.  Very cold, and even got some fog and breeze, too.  Almost bloody British Open weather... :)
What time did you tee off, oz?  I want to get some idea of what is a reasonable tee-off time for when I am in Swan Hill next month, and what sort of conditions I am up for.

As was the case with my time in Canberra last year, I'm thinking it is going to be a different sort of golf.

-------------

AndyP, it was an 8:12 tee time. You probably wouldn't get as much of the fog out at Swan Hill like we do here, but it would still be pretty cold in the mornings.

Next month, I'd expect top temps in the high teens, and overnight lows around 4 or 5 degrees.

Murray Downs is a great layout. If it has held up to the drought well and is in good nick, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Grunt
17th July 2005, 05:59 PM
Well played Metropolitan C Grade Pennants today. When everything goes right, how good does it feel? :D Won 6 & 5 . From the moment I teed off the 1st I was just in the zone. Nailing long putts to win hole chipped in out of a bunker for a win. It was awesome :lol: Actually was only 11 over off the stick at the 14 tee when the match was over.

A very happy ozgolfer here. :lol:

Bring on Next week.

jimandr
17th July 2005, 07:37 PM
Bardwell Valley, in a strong breeze today, in the big matchplay game against Amanda. After I post this I'll go into much more detail about the match in the First Tee thread.

Anyway, hit the ball really well today, but could not hole the 5 to 8 footers I kept leaving myself. 29 points is an ordinary score, but I played much better than that.

Fairways = 6 of 7 (11 par 3's, only 7 par 4's at Bardwell Valley)
GIR = 6 of 18, didn't count three that hit the green and rolled through.
Putts = 36, three 3-putts, no birdies
Up & Down = 3 of 8
1 penalty

Jono
17th July 2005, 09:23 PM
Ooh, forgot to add - i also furthered the B-grade longest drive by about 1.5 metres as well, so i could be up for that too. :D

:shock:   :shock:   :shock:   :shock:   :shock:

:smt119   :smt119   :smt119   :smt119   :smt119

:smt104  :smt104   :smt104   :smt104   :smt104

I look forward to seeing this long driving on Sunday.  8)

Well played, BTW. Keep it up, Fishman. :D

3oneday
17th July 2005, 09:35 PM

Thanks AP.

Giddy up - http://www.clubdiaries.com.au/old_site/results_view_detail.php?id=53060

Ooh, forgot to add - i also furthered the B-grade longest drive by about 1.5 metres as well, so i could be up for that too. :DWell played Dan (I've found my speech), and, you gorilla :shock: :shock: is that why you're chasing the headcover, to advertise for TM ??? :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
17th July 2005, 09:42 PM
Had my Tm 300 for 18 months and always been on the lookout for one. I feel i owe my sponsors the exposure 8)

McMw
17th July 2005, 10:27 PM
77 at home on friday,
78 at eastwood on saturday,
90plus at RBGCC today...

good to see the consistency going... :roll: :roll: :roll:

BrisVegas
18th July 2005, 08:04 AM
Nicely done Fishman. Good luck for the rest of the champs. I'd suggest you aim to just miss the greens again, given that you holes 4 putts from off the putting surface. :wink:

Also, well done Grunt. 6&5 is an awesome result. It's fun when it all "clicks" eh... 8)

amanda
18th July 2005, 04:07 PM
Great work Fishy and Grant :)

Flowergirl
18th July 2005, 04:44 PM
Just adding my congrats to all those who are playing well at the moment and having success on the course unlike poor me who still has the sooks about her game but hey it's not all about me is it cos I should't focus on my bad game but instead bath in the glory of my Ozgolf friends who support and encourage us all regardless of how poor their self esteem is at the moment but hey as I said it's not all about me it's about Grant with his great pennant win and Fishy ( the burglar) breaking his handicap even though I have been trying - in vane - for the past eight months to crack this bloody 20 handicap that I think I'll be stuck on forever if I'm lucky cos the way I'm playing I'll probably be out to 21 in no time.
Just thought I'd see how long I could go on without taking a breath - and hey - I could have kept on going forever!!!!
Wasn't going to post this drivel - but I thought - hey - everyone else post drivel all the time :wink: Is it drivel or dribble - not sure......I'll go now :shock: :shock: :shock: Think it's time for my medication :roll:

Fishman Dan
18th July 2005, 05:53 PM
Just adding my congrats to.... blah blah yakkity yak...

Holy crap. Trust a.... politically incorrect comment.... to bring it down! :lol:

FG - My round just fell together. It's not like i've been there-or-thereabouts for ages and i was due, the score pretty much flattered me... A good shot here and a putt there... just enjoy your golf and you'll be disliked around the clubhouse too ;)