PDA

View Full Version : Sandvik Titanium Shaft (this ones for 1would)

goughy
7th June 2004, 06:55 PM
Well, I'm smashing my new 1994 callaway warbird 3 wood so it will be staying for a while. But I really didn't know anything about the shaft. Onewood will be interested to know it's made by sandvik (a company he knows something about) but that's about it. I could find no listings for warbirds with this shaft. Unless of course it is the "Memphis" 10 shaft, but I can see no indication that that is the case.

Anyway, I emailed callaway au on sunday to ask them about it. I got my reply today. The club should be 42.5" (I knew that) with a D1 swingweight. The shaft cut for a driver (43.5") should weigh in at 105 grams.

Very impressed with the quick response from callaway, considering my question was about a 10 year old 3 wood and not anything to do with current clubs, or a new purchase etc.

kwantfm
7th June 2004, 07:20 PM
goughy,

I have a Mizuno Pro 3-wood from the early 90s with a Sandvik Ti-shaft. I remember that I was obsessed with having a full set of clubs shafted with Ti-shafts... they look very durable if the shaft in my 3-wood is any indication.

goughy
7th June 2004, 07:22 PM
My 3 wood shaft still looks mint.

jaster
7th June 2004, 07:48 PM
My 3 wood shaft still looks mint.

Thanks to Jaster's dad for keeping it in good condition :P

goughy
7th June 2004, 08:07 PM
:wink: :smt023

Onewood
7th June 2004, 10:16 PM
Well, I'm smashing my new 1994 callaway warbird 3 wood so it will be staying for a while. But I really didn't know anything about the shaft. Onewood will be interested to know it's made by sandvik (a company he knows something about) but that's about it. I could find no listings for warbirds with this shaft. Unless of course it is the "Memphis" 10 shaft, but I can see no indication that that is the case.

Anyway, I emailed callaway au on sunday to ask them about it. I got my reply today. The club should be 42.5" (I knew that) with a D1 swingweight. The shaft cut for a driver (43.5") should weigh in at 105 grams.

Very impressed with the quick response from callaway, considering my question was about a 10 year old 3 wood and not anything to do with current clubs, or a new purchase etc.

I work for Sandvik materials handling and we deal in rubber :? :D

It's not to whippy for you I hope :lol: :lol:

I'll see what I can find out about this Sandvik shaft....maybe able to get some cheap :D