PDA

View Full Version : My local drummond store has turned to SHIT

Rocketman
6th July 2011, 09:19 PM
Wow my local drummond store at carnegie has changed ownership and the new guys are SHIT not freindly at all it's all about trying to sell me shit I dont want.
I had a great relationship with the guys who were there and they gave me awesome service it was a great place to go shop.
Also they have gotten rid of the guys who were there NOT A FRIENDLY OR FAMILIAR FACE THERE NOW bad for business guys you have lost me and all my mates to your opposition won't recommend anyone ever go to DRUMMOND GOLF CARNEGIE anymore there CRAP.. bad shopping experience...

anyone else want to campaign a hate relationship with drummond golf I think as golfers we should boycot these pricks.
WHAT DO YOU SAY PEOPLE.
COME ON SEND THEM A MESSAGE THEY CAN'T IGNORE

Rocketman
6th July 2011, 09:31 PM
HEY GUY'S HELP SEND DRUMMOND GOLF A MESSAGE BY BOYCOTTING THERE STORES...:mrgreen:

GO TO GOLF MATTERS AND MY BLOG

Lagerlover
6th July 2011, 09:35 PM
Sorry pal, I think the bloke that runs the Gabba store is the most helpful guy you could meet. Don't really understand your gripe, don't really care too much either.

MegaWatty
6th July 2011, 09:44 PM
I know a local franchisee and wish him all the best. Just a normal bloke with a family, trying to make a decent buck.

markTHEblake
6th July 2011, 09:46 PM
I admire your passion but it is a big call to ask everyone to trust you on that. You may well be a raving lunatic.

By all means tell everyone your story. If others experience the same then others will either think that maybe you were right or that there are more than one raving lunatic about the place.

MegaWatty
6th July 2011, 09:47 PM
How many threads do you want on this? Are you willing to take on the legal action, should they decide that your posts are defamatory?

Cosmopolite
6th July 2011, 10:04 PM
I get very good service at the Drummond I go to. I dont think you can tar them all with the same brush.

Rebel21
6th July 2011, 10:08 PM
i have to agree with the BAD reputation of Drummonds. I live nearer the Cheltenham store but never liked the staff there. I always drove the extra few k's to go to Carnegie. The staff there were always much better. More friendly and the club repairs were always done exactly how i wanted.
I am NOT happy to hear that the staff are not there anymore. I have not been in since the change of ownership but i dont think i will bother. It was always not the greatest stocked store, but the staff were always happy to order in what i wanted. I am more interested in the relationships built over time with golf store people. The guys there i trusted. Looks like i won't be going back.

Any thoughts on a better shop somewhere?

MegaWatty
6th July 2011, 10:10 PM
i have to agree with the BAD reputation of Drummonds. I live nearer the Cheltenham store but never liked the staff there. I always drove the extra few k's to go to Carnegie. The staff there were always much better. More friendly and the club repairs were always done exactly how i wanted.
I am NOT happy to hear that the staff are not there anymore. I have not been in since the change of ownership but i dont think i will bother. It was always not the greatest stocked store, but the staff were always happy to order in what i wanted. I am more interested in the relationships built over time with golf store people. The guys there i trusted. Looks like i won't be going back.

You just joined to let us know? Welcome!

Hawkers2008
6th July 2011, 10:10 PM
Can't you just go to another Drummond store, sure its a pain but it sounds like it will piss you off less than going to Carnegie.

Lagerlover
6th July 2011, 10:17 PM

You haven't been back since new owners, how do you know the place isn't worth visiting... Haven't noticed any other posts from you guys before, this kind of smells a bit funny to me!!

Rebel21
6th July 2011, 10:18 PM
The other Drummond stores are too far away from me. My point was that the staff there i had trust in. If there are new people there, then i have no reason to go back there. It's hard to find somebody that does really good club repairs. The guys there did.
I have tried the locals and been unhappy with the results.

PeteyD
6th July 2011, 10:19 PM
So why say anything if you have not been there to find out?

rubin
6th July 2011, 10:19 PM
How many threads do you want on this? Are you willing to take on the legal action, should they decide that your posts are defamatory?

What he said ^^^

1 store does not shit company make. The guys in my local drummond are good blokes - not necessarily the most knowledgeable, but willing to admit what they do or dont know as well. Always happy to help.

two new posters - both whingeing about exactly the same thing! could it be.... coincidence ;)

Dazza
6th July 2011, 10:26 PM
I certainly won't be boycotting just because someone else has the shits.
Kev at Drummond Townsville is great to deal with, and a top bloke to match.

Dazza
6th July 2011, 10:27 PM
I once had a crap experience at a golf course. Quick, let's boycott all golf courses.

Rocketman
6th July 2011, 10:32 PM
you always remember where you get bad service....

rubin
6th July 2011, 10:36 PM
can i just ask - whats with the smiling emoticon in the title? Doesnt really go with what your saying.

PeteyD
Wow my local drummond store at carnegie has changed ownership and the new guys are SHIT not freindly at all it's all about trying to sell me shit I dont want.
I had a great relationship with the guys who were there and they gave me awesome service it was a great place to go shop.
Also they have gotten rid of the guys who were there NOT A FRIENDLY OR FAMILIAR FACE THERE NOW bad for business guys you have lost me and all my mates to your opposition won't recommend anyone ever go to DRUMMOND GOLF CARNEGIE anymore there CRAP.. bad shopping experience...

anyone else want to campaign a hate relationship with drummond golf I think as golfers we should boycot these pricks.
WHAT DO YOU SAY PEOPLE.

What happened may help? Just saying you got bad service? You may have gone in on a day when everyone had the flu or something.

Goldy
Gotta say Rocketman - your original post makes it sound like these guys sodomised your dog.

What exactly did they do to make you THIS upset?

PS If they did sodomise your dog, then I fully understand the depth of feeling you have expressed.

MegaWatty
6th July 2011, 10:38 PM
Woof. :)

Sydney Hacker
6th July 2011, 10:40 PM
Was this the ACT Drummond?

rubin
6th July 2011, 10:41 PM
Woof. :)

Is that Yoss again?

Lagerlover
7th July 2011, 06:18 AM
I'm thinking disgruntled employees here... careful, you know what they do in america...US postal service types

Ned
7th July 2011, 07:28 AM
A "Sleeper" from that "Other Forum" ?

Webster
7th July 2011, 07:41 AM
Ive been in this Drummonds. Not the best.

3oneday
7th July 2011, 08:03 AM
What does Drummond sell ?

Ned
7th July 2011, 08:20 AM
What does Drummond sell ?

Rejected fake ebay auctions ?

Dotty
7th July 2011, 09:20 AM
Drummonds in other cities = good. Drummonds in Melbourne = bad.

I think I've found the cause of the bad service.

Bruce
7th July 2011, 09:46 AM
Jacko runs the one in Hoppers Crossing pretty well. The city one is reasonable for a sneaky look or consumables purchase.

PerryGroves
7th July 2011, 10:56 AM
What would anyone buy at a Drummond that they couldn't get here, online or if small at your own pro shop?

No idea how much a decent franchisee makes but I wouldn't be signing up for one, looks too hard for me. Plus I have no love for the GP.

Hawkers2008
7th July 2011, 12:31 PM
Jacko runs the one in Hoppers Crossing pretty well. The city one is reasonable for a sneaky look or consumables purchase.

Jacko's good, can't say I am a fan of Milvo though. I knew him before though he used to work for Peter Kholsdorf (Canberra Pete's Golf) in the 90s, I can't say I am fan of Pete either.

I don't mind get my consumables or small stuff for gifts when they have their 20% off sales.

Yossarian
7th July 2011, 02:32 PM
Is that Yoss again?

What?

Collis
7th July 2011, 03:01 PM
Do you have any ideas where to go instead of drummond?
Never had a problem with drummond, usually helpful & try hard.
Maybe Rocketmans wife has boycotted the bedroom hence he is a little upset at this time. She may even be down at that drummond a little to much?

Webster
7th July 2011, 03:43 PM
Just go to the House of Golf in High Street Malvern instead. The guys there are terrific.

markTHEblake
7th July 2011, 03:53 PM
What would anyone buy at a Drummond that they couldn't get here, online or if small at your own pro shop?

ozgolf is a miniscule demographic, not everyone buys online, and lots of golfers are not members of a golf club.

matty
10th July 2011, 05:51 PM
Just browsing this thread. Anyone else think Rocketman and Rebel1 are one and the same? :-k

Lagerlover
10th July 2011, 06:10 PM
Either that Matty, or they got sacked from the place the same day.

Goldy
10th July 2011, 08:20 PM
You've still gotta feel for his dog.

rubin
10th July 2011, 08:44 PM
You've still gotta feel his dog.

U dodgy bastard. ;)

Goldy
10th July 2011, 09:32 PM
It's the NRL player within, trying to escape.

sabproshop
21st March 2013, 10:43 AM
That's right Rocketman!

RE: Hoppers Crossing Drummond Golf

I am been faithful and loyal customer for 10 years and probably would have spent Thousands of$$$ and also use to recommend my Golf Community over the years but I have been cheated by Drummond Golf Hoppers.

I request a 33 inch putter cut it to 32 Inch, paid in advance and waited for 4 days to arrive, they sold me a 35 Inch used putter cut it to 33 inch. Yes it was probably, they never put an order in first place and delivery must be late so they decided to cut 35 inch.

So I went to shop and I was denied a refund. Simply they don’t want to accept that fact that it was 35 inch putter been sold. You can clearly see the stickers on Shaft that how much it is been cut down and how long it was in first place.

sabproshop
21st March 2013, 10:44 AM

WHAT DO YOU SAY PEOPLE.

That's right Rocketman, guess what your Blog is veiwed by Thousands.. as I googled "Drummond Golf Bad service" and your blog popped! :smile: I share the same veiws and many of us too.. you are not alone!!never Go to Hoppers Crossing Drummond GOLF in Victoria ... you will never get what you have paid.... staff are lazy,unprofessional and rude! Next purchase support your Proshops, try them and give Drummond Golf price, I bet they will beat them easily!!!!.. it makes logic as they are the one who are on the course and easy to reach. You have lost me Drummond Golf... I am been loyal for years!!!!!!!!

Shortylook
21st March 2013, 11:40 AM
I know it's the other side of Australia, but it seems most golf shops in WA whether its drummond or golf box are great per sale and then Very average post sale. I've had this from both franchises, the most recent from golfbox Bunbury. But I need golf stuff so I guess I'm stuck. What are you going to do

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2013, 12:15 PM
I know it's the other side of Australia, but it seems most golf shops in WA whether its drummond or golf box are great per sale and then Very average post sale. I've had this from both franchises, the most recent from golfbox Bunbury. But I need golf stuff so I guess I'm stuck. What are you going to do

Weren't you stuffed around by Mizuno and not Golfbox?

Lagerlover
21st March 2013, 12:24 PM
eastern seaboard boys... that's where it's at!!

mrbluu
21st March 2013, 05:25 PM
That's right Rocketman!

RE: Hoppers Crossing Drummond Golf

I am been faithful and loyal customer for 10 years and probably would have spent Thousands of$$$ and also use to recommend my Golf Community over the years but I have been cheated by Drummond Golf Hoppers.

I request a 33 inch putter cut it to 32 Inch, paid in advance and waited for 4 days to arrive, they sold me a 35 Inch used putter cut it to 33 inch. Yes it was probably, they never put an order in first place and delivery must be late so they decided to cut 35 inch.

So I went to shop and I was denied a refund. Simply they don’t want to accept that fact that it was 35 inch putter been sold. You can clearly see the stickers on Shaft that how much it is been cut down and how long it was in first place.

That's right Rocketman, guess what your Blog is veiwed by Thousands.. as I googled "Drummond Golf Bad service" and your blog popped! :smile: I share the same veiws and many of us too.. you are not alone!!never Go to Hoppers Crossing Drummond GOLF in Victoria ... you will never get what you have paid.... staff are lazy,unprofessional and rude! Next purchase support your Proshops, try them and give Drummond Golf price, I bet they will beat them easily!!!!.. it makes logic as they are the one who are on the course and easy to reach. You have lost me Drummond Golf... I am been loyal for years!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU SAY PEOPLE.

HEY GUY'S HELP SEND DRUMMOND GOLF A MESSAGE BY BOYCOTTING THERE STORES...:mrgreen:

GO TO GOLF MATTERS AND MY BLOG

I agree with these fine gentlemen, who have been major contributors to the Ozgolf community and definitely have no hidden agendas. I was on the Drummond website the other day comparing prices of stuff to ebay, and not one member of their staff Australia wide emailed me to see how I was doing or to offer any assistance!!!

I say we should not only join in this boycott and become members of other forums around the world to spread the word!!!

Peace OUT!!!

Shortylook
21st March 2013, 05:42 PM
Weren't you stuffed around by Mizuno and not Golfbox?
Yea mizuno did give me the run around, but golfbox were like, so what do you want me to do, I guess I could contact mizuno, I'm not sure what will happen with them. I think they were shitty because I contacted them myself, I was freaking out about my clubs and I told them that, got a grunt back on the other end of the phone.

Nut
21st March 2013, 10:05 PM
I certainly won't be boycotting just because someone else has the shits.
Kev at Drummond Townsville is great to deal with, and a top bloke to match.

+1 Drummond Townsville is fantastic!

popper81
23rd March 2013, 12:06 AM
Pat Drummond is my favourite singer song writer. So excited he has his own thread.

Andre Drummond is my favourite basketball player. So excited he has his thread.

Tom Drummond is my favourite lecturer at Monash uni. So excited he has his own thread.

Waddzy
23rd March 2013, 10:44 AM
Pat Drummond is my favourite singer song writer. So excited he has his own thread.

Tom Drummond is my favourite lecturer at Monash uni. So excited he has his own thread.

Are you looking for the Drunk thread? :mrgreen:;)

popper81
23rd March 2013, 10:58 AM
Are you looking for the Drunk thread? :mrgreen:;)

Not at all... They are my favourite Drummonds.

mike
23rd March 2013, 11:34 AM
I am been faithful and loyal customer for 10 years ...lol

I am been loyal for years!!!!!!!!lol

mike
23rd March 2013, 11:37 AM
Never ever had a problem with Drummonds in cairns.

3Puttpete
23rd March 2013, 03:10 PM

Steven Adler was my favourite. He was the Drummond in Guns n Roses

Ashes
23rd March 2013, 04:45 PM
Steven Adler was my favourite. He was the Drummond in Guns n Roses

Till he got shown the door, to later reappear on Celebrity Rehab crying about it.

sms316
23rd March 2013, 05:52 PM
Never ever had a problem with Drummonds in cairns. +1.

Shortylook
24th March 2013, 12:19 AM
Went to drummond's to get some new stuff for Monday's game of flog, couldn't get a look in, so I went to the other shop in town. Meh I still got what I wanted in the end I guess. Jesus I'm turning into a bit of a sook :roll: