PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Yardage Pro XG GPS

Daves
2nd July 2011, 12:24 PM
I bought one of these to replace my Neo earlier in the year. I know that a few other Ozgolfers have one now so thought we should start a thread. I have copied across an earlier post from the iGolf thread;

I have replaced my Neo with a Yardage Pro XG.

http://www.bushnellgolf.com/gps/yardage_xg.cfm

Because the course maps are not interchangeable between the different Bushnell models, I have taken out an iGolf subscription for it.

So far all the course maps I have tried seem to be quite accurate, some even have lots of custom points mapped as well. I have remapped my home course to my own requirements, though the original seemed to be pretty accurate. The XG is easier and quicker to map than the Neo. With the ability to have up to 6 custom points per hole, it covers most bases for me. There is a store on Oz Ebay selling them for $129 delivered, so they are pretty price competitive.

Courses I have been able to confirm as accurate so far are;

Carbrook
City GC, Toowoomba + custom points
Coolangatta Tweed River Course + custom points
Howeston + custom points
Keperra + custom points
Nudgee North + custom points
Pacific
Redcliffe
Redland bay + custom points
Royal Pines + custom points
Royal Qld + custom points
Windaroo + custom points
Wynnum

I notice that Rockbottom now have the XG for $80 US ($25UD delivery) listed on both eBay and their own site, which is an absolute bargain imo.

http://www.bushnellgolf.com/gps/yardage_xg.cfm

I should add that they also have the colour XGC model for $180, which is $100 off normal price and another bargain;

http://www.bushnellgolf.com/gps/yardage_xgc.cfm

2manybogeys
2nd July 2011, 12:43 PM
I've had one for 12mths now and real happy so far. Battery life is amazing compared to Sureshot, I easily play 2 - 3 rounds no problems. So far only found one course that was out ( and heaps! ) and that was Port Fairy. Can't recall any issues elsewhere. Love the size of it.

Flavzz
2nd July 2011, 08:24 PM
Pretty tempted by one of these. So u need a subscription to get course maps? Thinking gps is much easier than rangefinder at a glance.

Daves
2nd July 2011, 08:49 PM
Pretty tempted by one of these. So u need a subscription to get course maps? Thinking gps is much easier than rangefinder at a glance.

Pretty much unless you know someone else with one and they have the course maps you are after. iGolf subscription is $34.99 US for 12 months. You get up to 100 course downloads for that plus 1 course mapping credit (which you can use to get a course mapped that isn't already in their library). You get to keep the course files you have downloaded after the 12 months. If a map gets updated during your membership you can re-download it for free. 100 courses is a massive number for most players. I have managed to play maybe 20 max in 6 months and I play 3 or 4 times a week.

Xray
2nd July 2011, 09:02 PM
I bought one recently, found it very good, thanks for the maps guys. Question though, can you access the stats after you have turned the unit off then back on?

Flavzz
2nd July 2011, 09:16 PM
ok sounds alright, will think about it when funds allow

Daves
2nd July 2011, 09:22 PM
I bought one recently, found it very good, thanks for the maps guys. Question though, can you access the stats after you have turned off the unit?

Nope.

Xray
2nd July 2011, 09:25 PM
oh well, will have to learn to get them before I switch it off.

popper81
3rd July 2011, 12:33 AM
I got one... Very impressed!!!!!

Daves
3rd July 2011, 11:23 AM
Here is a little user hint for those with an XG that you may not have found. When you power it on, leave it a little while before you select the course (Play), say 20/30 seconds should be plenty. This will enable the satellite fix to be locked in and when you select Play it should automatically take you to the course you are on in the course listing. Saves having to scroll through the list each time.