PDA

View Full Version : Club you didn't sell because you have learnt your lesson.... but haven't used since

andylo
30th June 2011, 12:49 PM
I remember there was a thread about clubs you have sold but you shouldn't. Which we talk about clubs we regretted to sell.

Since we (or some of us) grow wiser, we have learnt from our lessons, and keeping those superceded clubs that has the charateristic of "it is so sweet but I wouldn't sell it otherwise I would regret again". A few years down the line, it still sitting on the bench (or that bag has been overlooked for years). You probably want to sell it now (or not) but it's not worth any $$ anymore. I got a few of those myself, but also wonder if anyone of you have these, and what are they? :)

(I know perci will never have this problem)

My list:

Tour issue TM 200 smoothie head with 757 shaft
Callaway Warbird Titanium 3 wood (no shaft now... become my paperweight)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood
A collection of Ping blade putters in copper finish
A tour issue prototype Fourteen golf 3 wood which I bought from nudgee... well it's in Indonesia now.

BrisVegas
30th June 2011, 12:53 PM
905S. That is all.

3oneday
30th June 2011, 12:54 PM
Too hard.

Ferrins
30th June 2011, 12:58 PM
Gamers only for me.

just
30th June 2011, 12:59 PM
Any that have gone have failed me. They deserved to go.

Goldy
30th June 2011, 01:32 PM
I've got a headache trying to work out exactly what the question is.

PeteyD
30th June 2011, 01:42 PM
It has to do with cats.

Goldy
30th June 2011, 01:51 PM
Then my work here is done.

just
30th June 2011, 01:52 PM

I don't why, it's quite simple:

I got a few of those myself, but also wonder if anyone of you have these, and what are they?

To which the correct answer is:

cats

Goldy
30th June 2011, 01:54 PM
:smt038

PeteyD
30th June 2011, 01:54 PM
AndyLo posting again, the world is back to normal.

Jarro
30th June 2011, 04:03 PM
If this thread was started two weeks ago i would've said my Scotty Cameron putter

andylo
30th June 2011, 04:14 PM
Well jarro, at least you have sold it (judging from what you said)

PD, yeah, I post again.... the world coming to disaster once more.

Still got the cat thu. :)

davepuppies
30th June 2011, 05:03 PM
Andy ill have your callway 4 wood!

dave1
1st July 2011, 11:07 PM
probably my mizuno mp 52's

now I have mp 58's again after briefly using cobra mb's which i regret selling also i loved those things too. LOL

oh well all's well that ends well, mp 58's I went thriugh 3 different shafts but finally happy. For now

sold my cameron 3 weeks ago, dont regret it, putting great with this beat up old ping

TheTrueReview
1st July 2011, 11:22 PM

I have a team of Harvard professors working on it. Should have cracked by sometime next week. :)

Dotty
2nd July 2011, 07:57 AM
It's andy-speak for 'Clubs you regret keeping.'

Thank you, Herb Powell.

razaar
2nd July 2011, 09:58 AM
In his book "The Complete Golfer" Harry Vardon had a hint on this subject "If you have completely lost confidence for the time being in any particular club, even though it may be one with which you have performed brilliantly in days gone by, leave it out of your bag altogether for a short season and try to forget all about it. The day will come before very long when you will feel that it is once more the very club you are wanting to make your game perfect, and you will rejoice to renew its acquaintance when you take it out of your locker. We can see too much of even our best friends."

Goldy
2nd July 2011, 12:16 PM
I have a team of Harvard professors working on it. Should have cracked by sometime next week. :)

Reckon there's a Nobel in it if they do.

WBennett
2nd July 2011, 06:14 PM
Thank you, Herb Powell.
unbelievable reference Dotty. Out standing

Progolfgear
2nd July 2011, 08:45 PM
lol... I have a shelf which is about 60-70cm deep and about 40cm high (the width of a club), with clubs (mostly putters) stacked like someone dropped a packet of pasta in there.

Off the top of my head some of the highlights: About 3 or 4 different bettinardi putters, newport 1.5, some old prosimmon putter, tad moore tour prototype (001/250) giraffe neck putter, 3 variations of two balls, a proper cleveland putter and then a few other random putters. Other than putters, there is a cleveland 588 wedge, my titleist 905r and 904f and then a stack of shafts.

No real attachment to many clubs other than putters, I hate getting rid of putters because the day allways comes when I feel like going back to something.