PDA

View Full Version : Practice Mats

matt22
29th June 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi all

I'm after some info about practice mats. I'm considering getting one to use at the local park so I don't tear it up to much and make the council workers grumpy.

I'm after a med to large, would rather one I could stand on so im level, would consider smaller if highly recommended.

Wondering if anyone here uses one, if so what brand and where's the place to buy from? I realise they aren't ideal and could never replace the feel of reel turf..

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers

Matt

Ferrins
29th June 2011, 05:18 PM
The were selling used big ones at the Victoria Park range in Brisbane for $100. Bit of a hike for you, cobber.

timah!
29th June 2011, 08:15 PM
Matt, do a search on here for 'truestrike' mats.

Captain Nemo
29th June 2011, 08:47 PM
Yep ducks nuts!
Few guys here where offloading them???

timah!
29th June 2011, 08:50 PM
Yep ducks nuts!
Few guys here where offloading them???

Yeah, I think someone was a rep/distributor of them. Might be a number/email addy in an old thread.

rodders
29th June 2011, 09:07 PM
Bloke called Ben in Melbourne is the bloke. Went to his house a few years ago and got mine. He had heaps of them.

I have his mobile which I saved in case I needed parts in the future.

matt22
30th June 2011, 04:58 PM
The were selling used big ones at the Victoria Park range in Brisbane for $100. Bit of a hike for you, cobber.

Just a little far away mate, would have to get a passport to travel that far ;)

matt22
30th June 2011, 05:00 PM
Those true strike mats do look nice, very tempting.... Is there any other options people have used? I did consider making one my self with astro turf and or fake grass, but not sure how viable that is and would it last...

kwantfm
30th June 2011, 06:35 PM
Heard great things about www.realfeelgolfmats.com/ but have not used them personally.