PDA

View Full Version : WA: Carramar Sat 9th July AM

Pieface
29th June 2011, 11:53 AM
Nuff, 'nut and I are heading to Carramar Saturday week for a hit in the morning.

More than happy to see some more Ozgolfers out there for a hit, the more the merrier...

Tee Time Booked 7.14am
Course Opens 7am
1) Pieface -33pts
2) Golfnut - 29pts
3) Nuffman - 21pts
4) Rubin - 25 pts

Course was in good nick last week but it is a public track with plenty of boonge so allow 5 hours playing time at least.

TourFit
29th June 2011, 04:24 PM
nuff, 'nut and i are heading to carramar saturday week for a hit in the morning. nuff may bring his hair-gel but it is unconfirmed at this stage.

More than happy to see some more ozgolfers out there for a hit, the more the merrier...

fixed!

rubin
29th June 2011, 04:33 PM
If Noigel is unavailable, I wouldn't mind heading up there. Never played there but heard some good reports.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2011, 04:34 PM
Booked under the Gulliver's Travels 4 ball?

rubin
29th June 2011, 04:40 PM
Booked under the Gulliver's Travels 4 ball?

Nuffies not that wayward with his shots.

TourFit
29th June 2011, 04:46 PM
Pieface is a BIG unit though...especially when standing next to 'Nut and Nuff.

Pieface
29th June 2011, 05:55 PM
Nuffies not that wayward with his shots.

I will make up for Nuffie.

Pieface is a BIG unit though...especially when standing next to 'Nut and Nuff.

Will have to make sure Nuff and 'nut don't shave for a few days prior. Don't want everyone thinking I am a pedo.

Yossarian
29th June 2011, 05:57 PM
I lol'd.

Maybe nuff could do his dance routine from that show for you.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2011, 08:50 PM
Pedoface. Love it PF.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2011, 08:51 PM
Also, Nut's a wog. If he doesn't shave for a couple days he'll look like Cousin It.

Golfnut
29th June 2011, 10:31 PM
I will make up for Nuffie.

Will have to make sure Nuff and 'nut don't shave for a few days prior. Don't want everyone thinking I am a pedo.

Compliment taken big foot.

Golfnut
29th June 2011, 10:32 PM
Also, Nut's a wog. If he doesn't shave for a couple days he'll look like Cousin It.

....or a mini-Adlo after a week.

Pieface
29th June 2011, 11:25 PM
....or a mini-Adlo after a week.

You might reek of beans but I doubt they are coffee beans

Golfnut
29th June 2011, 11:27 PM
Fagoli :D

Pieface
1st July 2011, 10:06 PM
Any idea on preferred time lads? Nuff can you confirm Nigel so we can sort Rubin out?

Golfnut
1st July 2011, 10:10 PM
Early's fine for me mate.....what's the earliest slot PF so we can avoid the saturday crowd without teeing off in the dark?

Pieface
2nd July 2011, 12:31 AM
They go off at sparrows but there are usually 2-3 times before they commence. It will be about 7-7.15am I guess if you want to beat them out...

Nuffie
3rd July 2011, 12:48 AM
Nigel cant make it next week, as he is flying out on a business trip to Melb the next day.

At this stage I'm in and will be driving to Carramar in my own 'working' vehicle.

Whoever wants a return lift to the course from Bedford, pls let me know.

Pieface
3rd July 2011, 10:43 AM
OK Cool. If rubes confirms he is in I will get a booking on Wednesday when the tee sheet opens.

rubin
3rd July 2011, 10:46 AM
I'm in mate.

Pieface
3rd July 2011, 10:55 AM
Sweet.

Golfnut
3rd July 2011, 04:33 PM
Is this a WAGL comp round PF?

Pieface
3rd July 2011, 05:43 PM
I hadn't intended it to be. I'm the only one with WAGL afaik...?

Golfnut
3rd July 2011, 05:49 PM
AGU players allowed to go in WAGL comps?

Pieface
3rd July 2011, 05:54 PM
doubt it :) I will ask the captain but I'm 99.9 tnhey are m utually exclusive

Pieface
5th July 2011, 11:07 AM
OP updated with 7.14am tee time. We are the second group of the day so it will be as quick as it ever gets there...

Caught a new financial year price hike guys so it's $30 on the head.

See you there bright and early. We'll play stableford...?

Happy to do NTP/skins/nothing whatever the group wants to do :)

rubin
5th July 2011, 02:21 PM
OP updated with 7.14am tee time. We are the second group of the day so it will be as quick as it ever gets there...

anyone need a lift? I'll be leaving about 1am ;)

Pieface
5th July 2011, 02:29 PM
Yah the time is early for you guys I know :( The 'nut wanted early and I know he is down South, no-one else expressed a preference soo...

Better to go off early than get caught in the social club if they are playing stroke. Can be 5.5+ hours easy if a couple of groups start to struggle.

rubin
5th July 2011, 02:31 PM
Yah the time is early for you guys I know :( The 'nut wanted early and I know he is down South, no-one else expressed a preference soo...

Better to go off early than get caught in the social club if they are playing stroke. Can be 5.5+ hours easy if a couple of groups start to struggle.

Not a worry mate. Im happy with early.

Pieface
9th July 2011, 10:34 PM
Okey Dokey. Awesome scores abounded as the late update no doubt reveals...

Pieface - 33pts
Golfnut - 29pts
Rubin - 25pts
Nuffie - 21pts

Cheers for makiing the trek lads. Hope you enjoyed the course once you thawed out. Ugly golf at times but good company. Nuff is a trooper! Not one curse or carry on. Rubin hit them into next week...and the next suburb. Thought the 'nut was going to be KO'd by a flying club on the 18th tee but luckily a tree intercepted the R11...sure your uncle dented it Rubes :p

Golfnut was a jet off the tee. Like clockwork for the bulk of the day. I had a great time. Very rarely play the track off the blues. Plays very different and gee some of the tees were right back today!

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2011, 10:41 PM
Awesome shooting boys.

No one believed the uncle story to begin with.

I like Carramar, nice track.

rubin
9th July 2011, 10:49 PM
Thought the 'nut was going to be KO'd by a flying club on the 18th tee but luckily a tree intercepted the R11...

Sorry again about that boys. That very, very rarely happens, and I dont often lose my temper like that...... :oops:

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2011, 10:59 PM
He must have thrown it pretty low for Nut to be in danger.

Pieface
9th July 2011, 11:02 PM
We were on fire. I stubbed one onto the first par 3 and after that not one par three was hit.

I dragged 'em down and beat 'em with experience :D

Like most of Rubin's shots it was "Death from Above"

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2011, 11:06 PM
How are you liking your new hybrid arsenal?

Pieface
9th July 2011, 11:18 PM
shit. Mega sold me up the river.

clubhead feels nice but the shaft is a shocker for me. lifeless pos.

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2011, 11:22 PM
what shafts did you get? reg nv?

Pieface
9th July 2011, 11:31 PM
Some grafalloy thing. R flex. Feels similar to the fuji gold in Yoss' clevo 4W that I can't hit either.

I thought NV would be too low launch for me but it wasn't an option in R anyway.

Johnny Canuck
9th July 2011, 11:39 PM
i've hit the nv stiff in the one that i bought off mega and it's pretty good.

Pieface
10th July 2011, 12:01 AM
I just need to be less of a chopper :)

Johnny Canuck
10th July 2011, 12:20 AM
In today's company, you looked like the gun.

Cosmopolite
10th July 2011, 12:21 AM
geez, what happened to Nuffie?

Johnny Canuck
10th July 2011, 01:16 AM
Impending marriage and lack of golf.

Cosmopolite
10th July 2011, 01:37 AM
Impending marriage and lack of golf.

double whammy

Pieface
10th July 2011, 10:32 AM
Sorry again about that boys. That very, very rarely happens, and I dont often lose my temper like that...... :oops:

All good Rubes. I am not one to get upset by a little emotion out on the course. I let fly with plenty of P's&Q's IIRC :lol: Just one of those days.

Nuffies dropped club in his follow through on the 16th tee was the best though. So expressive yet restrained! The street fighting Lleyton came back on 17 and carded his second 3 pointer for the day! The spirit of Nuffie is irrepressible!

MegaWatty
10th July 2011, 10:51 AM
Throwing clubs is plain dumb. Even when Simmsy does it.

Towards a tree?

Yossarian
10th July 2011, 12:59 PM
Did the driver hit the tree?

hocko
10th July 2011, 01:04 PM
Still no 100 break yet?

rubin
10th July 2011, 01:07 PM
Still no 100 break yet?

Last week. Broke 90 too

hocko
10th July 2011, 01:12 PM
92? Where?

rubin
10th July 2011, 01:15 PM
92? Where?

85 at Wembley tuart course. Good for nett 63

Golfnut
10th July 2011, 01:16 PM
Big thanks Pieface for arranging this, Carramar is definitely not what I expected, exact opposite in fact.
I'm struggling to think of a better Full public 18 hole golf course in the metro area! It was really excellent.......great layout & variety of holes, you did not get the feeling at all that any of the holes felt that same, greens were up to private course standards, tough bunkers and a great challenge off the blues.

We all struggled a bit with the cold over the first few holes......I think it was about 5 or 6 degrees when we got away!

Cheers to Nuff and rubin for the company despite me nearly getting my head taken off by TM's latest & greatest........and yes, it did hit the tree Yoss and bought down a few small dry branches with it!

Golfnut
10th July 2011, 01:18 PM
He must have thrown it pretty low for Nut to be in danger.

We're talking rubin here, nothing comes out of his hands low! Thank God PF was standing close for me to hide under.

hocko
10th July 2011, 01:21 PM
Are you a member anywhere now?

rubin
10th July 2011, 01:24 PM
Are you a member anywhere now?

As of this second, no. But I will join rocko. Can't pass it up if someone is going to pay for half the membership for me.

Golfnut
10th July 2011, 01:25 PM
As of this second, no. But I will join rocko. Can't pass it up if someone is going to pay for half the membership for me.

Nice choice rubin.......who's paying the other half?

rubin
10th July 2011, 01:30 PM
Nice choice rubin.......who's paying the other half?

My grandad.

Golfnut
10th July 2011, 01:34 PM
Lucky you.

Nuffie
10th July 2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks to pieface for organizing the day, rubin and golfnut for making the trip north to join us.

Well played pieface with 33 pts. Guess yday proves that winter golf can be a lot tougher than summer golf and it's all about getting the good scores in anyway needed. It won't always be pretty.

Rubins club throw on 18 was a sign of the days frustrating scoring. Nut is hitting the ball great. Every aspect of his game has gone to the next level.

At the moment I'm getting ready to move house, having job interviews daily, without a car again (as of yday evening) and trying to remain composed through it all. Yesterday was my worst round in years. But thing is I'm over getting annoyed and taking it out on others. It's no one elses problem.

Hopefully come November champs, the majority of this will be sorted. Thanks for the day lads. Just being there yday was what I really needed.

adlo
10th July 2011, 03:44 PM
Nut is hitting the ball great. Every aspect of his game has gone to the next level.

On what level is his once famous tour level short game then?

Pieface
10th July 2011, 04:07 PM

Bit harder to find your ball at Carramar eh Rubes?? :p

Nut is a different golfer. He could have shot the lights out yesterday with his tee game and short stuff but battled with the mid irons. Once he gets used to his cap he has the tools to play to it no problem and will get lower no doubt.

rubin
10th July 2011, 04:16 PM
Bit harder to find your ball at Carramar eh Rubes?? :p

Mate, my tee game was rubbish yesterday, worse than normal. I would have struggled even at whaleback with my game yesterday.

Pieface
10th July 2011, 04:25 PM
I'll see you your rubbish tee game and raise you a bunch of grubber snap hooks