PDA

View Full Version : PGA at coolum

sol381
28th June 2011, 06:59 AM
looks like norman, jason day and bubba watson are booked in to play at coolum this year.. might make an effort to head up this year.. anyone else thinking of going.

backintheswing
28th June 2011, 08:27 AM
I have been for the last few years. Stay a week or so at Coolum. Last year I played Tewantin-Noosa and Twin Waters.

Lets just hope the weather is better on Sunday afternoon this year.

Daves
14th August 2011, 02:36 PM
Fowler has apparently signed up for the Open and the PGA.

troyboy
14th August 2011, 02:45 PM
good to see fowler is coming. I will follow him around on the thursday.

backintheswing
14th August 2011, 03:02 PM
chookie? :)

aussieashley
15th August 2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2011/07/06/clive-palmer-buys-hyatt-coolum/

Clive Palmer buys Hyatt Coolum

Owen Jacques | 6th July 2011
QUEENSLAND'S best known mining figure Clive Palmer has bought the Hyatt Regency Coolum Resort from Lend Lease and Sekisui House Australia.
The figure has not yet been released but in a statement released earlier today Mr Palmer said the buy gave him an opportunity to make a contribution to Queensland’s tourism sector, which had been struggling as a result of the economic downturn.
“The Hyatt Regency is one of the state’s leading resorts and has a rich history,” Mr Palmer said.
“Major celebrities such as Mick Jagger and U2 have been guests there, while this year the Queensland State of Origin rugby league team have held their pre-match camps at the Hyatt Regency.
“The renowned resort championship golf course each November plays hosts to one of the nation’s most successful sporting events, the Australian PGA golf tournament.
“We have plans to increase the occupancy of the Hyatt Regency and make it one of the best resorts in the world.”
Hyatt Regency Coolum offers 2km of absolute beach frontage and 150 hectares of natural bushland.
Hyatt Regency Coolum features 324 hotel rooms, suites and villas organised in low-rise clusters amid a natural Australian environment of gardens, lakes and woodlands.
“Given its premium beachside resort amenities and close proximity to the Sunshine Coast Airport, I see enormous scope to build on Hyatt Regency Coolum’s already very strong appeal,’’ Mr Palmer said.
The purchase of the Hyatt Regency is Mr Palmer’s first major tourism venture.
However, it was announced in April 2010 that Queensland Nickel -- a firm acquired by Mr Palmer -- purchased the site of the former Avica Spa and Resort on the Gold Coast.
The Hyatt will remain manager of the resort under its existing long term contract while Lend Lease and Sekisui House, Japan’s largest builder of premium homes, will focus on creating a world class master planned beachfront residential community at Hyatt Coolum.
Mr Palmer said he was committed to the success of Hyatt Regency Coolum Resort and the Hyatt Coolum residential community.

Flavzz
15th August 2011, 08:10 PM
Whats the dates for 2012?