PDA

View Full Version : You lost the battle, and the War..

Fishman Dan
7th June 2004, 08:18 AM
Rather than invoke the previous thread, i thought we could start again -sorry APH, but i had to do it. The Hawks look all alone down there, and the players seemingly don't want to lift for their coach. They got smashed in the fight, and the scoreboard was even less flattering.

I know as a spectacle no one wants to see anything like what happened at the MCG on Saturday - but WASN'T IT GOOD TO SEE THE BIFFO! Unfortunately all the Hawks wanted to do was biff-on, Essendon caned them from that point on. Should be a few more absentees from the squad this week too.

Last i looked at the ladder Carlton had several names underneath them.

markTHEblake
7th June 2004, 11:39 AM
The one thing i have noticed this season is it seems to have more thrashings and 150pt+ scores than usual, from Stkilda mostly :-) but some others have been handing out hidings as well.

dunno what that means though, for a while this season it seemed to be that there wasnt much difference from 5th to last place.

Fishman Dan
7th June 2004, 12:29 PM
The top of the table is pretty well defined, but the rest is still a lottery, especially considering that Carlton are only 2 games out of contention. 3 really when you look at their abysmal %'ge due to their "We can't win this, let's get flogged" attitude.

I can't wait until Carlton play some pre-final quarter games. They kicked 7 against Adelaide, 7 against Brisbane (when the game was all over), 6 against Collingwood - and i think one of their most competitive quarters against the Saints was the last - although when a team is about to post 200 that should bring some desperation.

Iain
8th June 2004, 08:52 AM
Notice Andy hasn't posted on this thread, but he's just about posted on every other thread on the site!!!! :smt005 :smt102 :smt044 ](*,)

Fishman Dan
8th June 2004, 09:03 AM
I've noticed ;)
We'll wait and see what happens on Friday night's blockbuster! Carlton vs Hawks - if we don't go back to back this weekend then we never will.

Mind you if the Hawks do get up, i think we might hear a few words from him....

AndyP
8th June 2004, 10:45 AM
Notice Andy hasn't posted on this thread, but he's just about posted on every other thread on the site!!!! :smt005 :smt102 :smt044 ](*,)

Do your research, Iain. [-X This thread started on Monday, and I did not log in on Monday. How could I reply?

Biffo was good, but I'm not sure the Hawks lost the fight. Any Hawks get sent off with the blood rule, or lose any teeth? Not that I was watching, I was at golf.
I think there will be more fines handed out, rather than suspensions. Vandenberg could be in a spot of trouble though. :roll:

Not a problem though, I'm sure the reserves side, would be more competitive than the current side. Although, I didn't think the Hawks were anywhere near as bad as the week before against Adelaide. Bombers are a much better side than the Crows.

Plus, the last quarter was all squared. :D
(As Fishy would know, when your side is stuggling, this is the sort of thing you look for).

Fishman Dan
8th June 2004, 11:07 AM
Plus, the last quarter was all squared. :D
(As Fishy would know, when your side is stuggling, this is the sort of thing you look for).

Ah, the positives from the negatives - good work Andy. So that means they were beaten by 74 points in 3 quarters ;) :lol:

Was it Vandenberg who looked to be gouging McPhee? If that's how he started bleeding, he could be cutting oranges for a few weeks.

Besides, there's been no video on the hit that Brown (?) put on some Essendon kiddy which apparently started the whole shamozzle. Simon Beaumont and Murph should be out for a few between them aswell - strange biffo to have seeing as though they were teammates this time last year - albeit for Carlton.

AndyP
9th June 2004, 07:06 PM
Besides, there's been no video on the hit that Brown (?) put on some Essendon kiddy which apparently started the whole shamozzle.
Is the incident where an Essendon player was cleaned up while leaving the field?

Simon Beaumont and Murph should be out for a few between them aswell - strange biffo to have seeing as though they were teammates this time last year - albeit for Carlton.

I heard that both the players and their wifes were going to have dinner after the match. For some reason, I don't think this would have gone ahead. :roll:

Fishman Dan
9th June 2004, 07:33 PM
Is the incident where an Essendon player was cleaned up while leaving the field?

Um, 'allegedly'? I don't know if there's any footage, but the commentators were saying that during the game.

The beauty of this is obviously the fact i had to go out Sunday to a picnic, so i recorded the game. I thought it was the Carlton game that was televised but instead got the 'melee' on tape. We went through it more times than the judiciary when we saw it (a mate was visiting from QLD).

AndyP
9th June 2004, 08:32 PM
Vandenberg 3 weeks + another 3 weeks
Brown 4 weeks
Picioane 4 weeks
Beaumont 1 week

Murphy (Ess) 1 week
So far. Haven't heard about melee stuff yet.

Fishman Dan
10th June 2004, 09:38 AM
So what do you think - Vandenberg got off a little lightly? I think Murphy got off lightly too for even trying to headbutt, but i didn't see Beuy's attempted 'butt? Saw his powerpuff slap to the face though.

Almost $70k of fines. I can't see how the Hawks board can justify this - they are sitting at the foot of the table and are annual strugglers for memberships and finances. What next?

Sorry to say it AP, and i'm very much a traditionalist, but the Tassie Hawks are looking like a real prospect..

Get down to the TAB soon kids and jump on The Blues! It's my Shoe for the week!

AndyP
10th June 2004, 07:02 PM
So what do you think - Vandenberg got off a little lightly? I think Murphy got off lightly too for even trying to headbutt, but i didn't see Beuy's attempted 'butt? Saw his powerpuff slap to the face though.
6 weeks seems like enough for Vander's biffo. It's not like he caved in someone's face like Tony Lockett did.
I didn't see the attempted butt of Beaumont's either, and I thought his slap was more of a fend to the chest that missed. I thought he was unlucky.

Almost $70k of fines. I can't see how the Hawks board can justify this - they are sitting at the foot of the table and are annual strugglers for memberships and finances. What next?
Sorry to say it AP, and i'm very much a traditionalist, but the Tassie Hawks are looking like a real prospect..

You are thinking of the Hawks of old, before they almost merged to become the Melthorn Dawks. They no longer struggle for finances or membership. Although they are not one of the power clubs, they are doing very well for themselves.
Tasmania can't support it's own team anyway.

Get down to the TAB soon kids and jump on The Blues! It's my Shoe for the week!
If Carlton lose they are in real trouble. Hawks have only 27 available players to pick their 22 from. :shock:
However, I always thought that our reserves would be more competitive than the seniors. :wink:

Go the Hawks! 8)

Fishman Dan
10th June 2004, 08:19 PM
Tasmania can't support it's own team anyway.

Agreed. And there's no way they'd be able to attract any decent big name signings either. It would be a terrible venture.

If Carlton lose they are in real trouble. Hawks have only 27 available players to pick their 22 from.

If Carlton doesn't win on Friday then they've got no future.
You'd be gutted if you were one of the 5 who wasn't selected ;) :lol:

AndyP
11th June 2004, 07:19 PM
If Carlton doesn't win on Friday then they've got no future.
You'd be gutted if you were one of the 5 who wasn't selected ;) :lol:
One of the players not selected is in my dream team. :(

Looks like another flogging. Blues by 4 goals at quarter time. :cry:

AndyP
11th June 2004, 09:21 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :smt099

So close, yet so far. :( How cruel.