Darren Lockyer
Darren Lockyer
Darren Lockyer
Darren Lockyer
Darren Lockyer
Darren Lockyer
Darren Lockyer
Darren Lockyer

Closely followed by his partner in crime (mostly against women)..

Thurston Moore
Thurston Moore
Thurston Moore
Thurston Moore
Thurston Moore
Thurston Moore
Thurston Moore

cazandpaul
7th July 2005, 05:26 AM
What's the deal with Lockyer's haircut :shock: and that of some of his Qld buddies?

Anonymous
7th July 2005, 06:06 AM
Who's Thurston Moore?

Jarro
7th July 2005, 06:27 AM
gee you're a hard marker Fish.

wasn't this the guy that bailed us out of the Tests in England not so long ago :roll: singlehandedly

I really hope he doesn't lead the Broncos to yet another premiership this year :wink:

3oneday
7th July 2005, 07:02 AM
Who's Thurston Moore?Clovers love child ???

Jarro
7th July 2005, 07:31 AM
hey wouldn't it be really good if both those guys were in this years Grand Final sides 8)

.. oh, i suppose it wouldn't be good for you guys though would it :? :lol:

Virgal_Tracy
7th July 2005, 07:55 AM
Well I guess that's all you Cane Toads have to wish for now after the shellacking you were given last night.

I actually think that its matt bowen who is overrated. Did anyone else notice that when NSW kicked to him he gave it off to Sing or Williams 95% of the time rather than get hammered himself.

Fishman Dan
7th July 2005, 08:01 AM
Well I guess that's all you Cane Toads have to wish for now after the shellacking you were given last night.

I actually think that its matt bowen who is overrated. Did anyone else notice that when NSW kicked to him he gave it off to Sing or Williams 95% of the time rather than get hammered himself.

They kept doing run-arounds on their own 22 after receiving the ball? Each time they did that it cost them 10 metres.

damoocow
7th July 2005, 08:41 PM
I think given the enormous 'media' wraps on him , the most over rated player would have to be Andrew Johns - he has some talent but nothing like the way ch 9 describe [ and unfortunately the press media just copy whatever Ch 9 says] Johns would be somewhere in the top 50 maybe but doesn't rate in the top 5.......

damoocow

Jarro
7th July 2005, 08:44 PM
wouldn't know what channel 9 say Moocow, i never listen to 'em :P

Anonymous
8th July 2005, 09:30 PM
Got to be Trent Barrett. If he's not injured he's trying too hard and stuffing it up every which way.
The guy is supposed to captain and in tonights game he throws an tantrum at PJ Marsh and whilst the rest of the ill disciplined Dragons rush in to join the fight McKinnon runs in a try without a hand laid on him. :shock:
Trent Barrett and Nathan Brown are the biggest jokes in the NRL. How can THAT team so consistently underachieve????? :cry: The Dragons are JOKES. They play as a rabble waiting for someone to do something.

Fishman Dan
8th July 2005, 10:13 PM
I rate Barrett, but that was a brain-fart. But you learn at age 6 - PLAY THE WHISTLE.

My vote for most overrated - The entire St George rugby league team.

Moocow - i muse at most things you write, but that was utter crap. Andrew Johns is the best player to play the game - Wally Lewis can't hold a candle to him.

Sounds like sour grapes to me :!:

mike
8th July 2005, 11:28 PM
Got to be Trent Barrett. If he's not injured he's trying too hard and stuffing it up every which way.
The guy is supposed to captain and in tonights game he throws an tantrum at PJ Marsh and whilst the rest of the ill disciplined Dragons rush in to join the fight McKinnon runs in a try without a hand laid on him. :shock:

Spot on , Chucky.
I'm a Dragons supporter and it's so frustrating having such a loser leading your team.
He plays at first receiver all the time but when he gets the ball he has no friggin idea what to do with it.
He can not put a player through a gap the way Johns, Sherwin, Smith, Head, Finch or Lockyer can.
His favourite play is to run across field and turn the ball back inside to someone who is either a) standing flat footed or b) not expecting the ball.
The Dragons play better without him.
:evil:

Anonymous
9th July 2005, 06:45 AM
I'm a supporter as well but it's so frustrating. They look like a poorly lead and poorly coached team. Good teams do their homework and learn. Last night they got penalised 4 times for the marker going early...duh! You would never see the Roosters do something like that.
Close to the line in attack they don't have options in attack. Everyone is running the same angle and the defence reads it every time so they resort to the kick.
They have no more excuses.

terryand
9th July 2005, 07:46 AM
Fishy,Fishy,Fishy. Johns isn't fit to carry "The King's" boots. The reason Wally was so good,he could play week in week out,get belted from pillar to post and still managed to get up and put in a top performance.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone since Wally cope so many cheap and late shot in their career.

When things don't go Johns way,instead of doing something inspirational like the King would,he drags his mouthgaurd out and throws it on the ground.

Terry.

Anonymous
9th July 2005, 08:25 AM
The reason Wally was so good,he could play week in week out,get belted from pillar to post and still managed to get up and put in a top performance.
It may have helped just a little bit :roll: that he was playing in the local Brisbane comp unlike Johns who plays in the NRL.

terryand
9th July 2005, 09:51 AM
The reason Wally was so good,he could play week in week out,get belted from pillar to post and still managed to get up and put in a top performance.
It may have helped just a little bit :roll:  that he was playing in the local Brisbane comp unlike Johns who plays in the NRL.

Chucky, the local Brisbane comp was just as tough as the NSWRL 25 years ago....Not as skillful(cause most of the player had full time jobs,unlike the cashed up clubs and players from the south) but just as physical.

Terry.

Anonymous
9th July 2005, 09:58 AM
If it was just as tough you say they would have bred more footballers and State of Origin may not have been invented. The better players were being removed from the Brisbane comp and taken to Sydney therefore the Brisbane comp has to have been weaker. Wally Lewis was one of the few pre 1988 Queenslanders not to be in the NSWRL.
They are both great players and it's a moot point as to who was better. I lean towards Wally because he so consistently took a game by the scruff of the neck and conrolled it.

Fishman Dan
11th July 2005, 08:29 AM
If it was just as tough you say they would have bred more footballers and State of Origin may not have been invented. The better players were being removed from the Brisbane comp and taken to Sydney therefore the Brisbane comp has to have been weaker. Wally Lewis was one of the few pre 1988 Queenslanders not to be in the NSWRL.
They are both great players and it's a moot point as to who was better. I lean towards Wally because he so consistently took a game by the scruff of the neck and conrolled it.

Johns 22 - Nth Queensland 18.

Case in point. They couldn't have done that without him. He's a genius.

The game back then was different, slower, tougher and a bloke as 'fit' as The Former-King could hold their own. He wouldn't last 20 minutes today.

terryand
11th July 2005, 12:30 PM
Johns wounldn't have lasted 20 seconds back then.

One cheap shot (which seemed to be the norm in that era) like Wally got week in week out and would have run home to Gus crying :smt089

Terry.

Jarro
11th July 2005, 12:56 PM
yeah, Joey would've been poleaxed the first time he touched the ball ... probably would've dropped to his knees if he was face-slapped as well :roll:

face it boys ... Wally WAS origin and nobody will ever come close to what he did on the field.. as much as the NSWelshman will try and say otherwise.