PDA

View Full Version : Gooey stuff in the head ?

3oneday
22nd June 2011, 11:50 AM
I reshafted a 909 D2 last night that I bought off GlobalGolf.

When the shaft came out the cap into the insides of the head came out too. No biggy I thought, shit happens.

Anyway, I slid a screwdriver down and it came out with some sort of soft gooey stuff all over it, from inside the head not the hosel. I've never experienced that before, the fact that it is almost liquid seems strange.

I didn't apply any heat to the head, just the hosel.

Is this this mysterious Rat Glue ? If I found it positioned on the heel will that change the club to be heel biased ?

vman
22nd June 2011, 01:04 PM
Is this this mysterious Rat Glue ?
Possibly.

If I found it positioned on the heel will that change the club to be heel biased ?
No. Not that you will notice anyway.

live4golf
22nd June 2011, 01:32 PM
Jizz ?

Maybe if it was a 910, definitely not with the 909.

timinsa
22nd June 2011, 02:31 PM
It's rattle glue. it's in every hollow club head.

3oneday
22nd June 2011, 03:07 PM

Really ? I'd never noticed it before. Seems quite a lot as it covered almost an inch of the screwdriver.

So you don't reckon it will move around then ? At least it has a built in excuse :lol:

MegaWatty
22nd June 2011, 05:19 PM
Maybe if it was a 910, definitely not with the 909.

This statement is most excellent!

virge666
22nd June 2011, 05:30 PM

yep - usually from the supplier who put it in.

Really ? I'd never noticed it before. Seems quite a lot as it covered almost an inch of the screwdriver.

So you don't reckon it will move around then ? At least it has a built in excuse :lol:

It will move around... but not much and it doesn't weigh much... to get rid of it, squirt 30-40mls of acetone into the head and swish it around for a couple of minutes in front of theTV or something. Put some tape over the top to stop the actone splashing out.

The stuff will dissolve in the acetone.

Scifisicko
23rd June 2011, 04:37 PM
...then take the tape off and drink the acetone.