PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Dunes

Anonymous
6th July 2005, 05:47 PM
Any NSW folk here might want to try this course. I had a hit today and it is awesome. It is a Troon managed course so you get a bag tag, range balls, cap and course book for your $79. Check out the website.

3oneday
6th July 2005, 08:07 PM
Chucky,

I'm down to play there next Wednesday, can't wait, from the look of it on the golf show the otherweek, and the few reports I have heard, cooooooooooollllllllllllll 8) 8)

Pete

Now, which driver will I take

Jarro
6th July 2005, 09:00 PM
Now, which driver will I take

one you can hit a fairway with ya tosser :P

Grunt
7th July 2005, 07:57 AM
Post reports guys I am thinking of going up there soon too. Is the $79 deal worth it?

Anonymous
7th July 2005, 08:16 AM
The course is a bit like Horizons in some respects. A fair bit of water around the course and lots of paper bark trees lining the fairways. The fairways are narrower than Horizons though. The greens are fairly fast and the course conditioning is excellent.
It's a pretty, well conditioned and challenging course. A fairly easy drive from Sydney's north (it's not as far as Nelson Bay/Horizons) and you come away with some trinkets 8) .
$79 (mon-Thurs) value? I guess that's a relative thing so each to their own. I thought it was much better value than says Riverside Oaks and took only a little bit longer to get there.

Anonymous
16th July 2005, 06:33 PM
Had my second game at Pacific Dunes today and any Sydneysiders should get there as soon as possible. It is the best addition to NSW golf in years.
The greens are superb, fairways immaculate and the value is exceptional. For a course that has been open only 2 months it is sensational. I'm not an architecture buff but the holes provide a great variety and lots of fun.
An Ozgolf day there soon is a must do.

Webster
16th July 2005, 06:35 PM
Chucky,

Is it really a "dunes' course or did they just rip-off the name from Pacific Dunes at the Bandon resort in the US?

Anonymous
16th July 2005, 07:01 PM
Jack it is nothing like a dunes course. I guess the name is just a marketing gimic. Check out the website though, it is a very good track. The 1st nine are more tree lined and the back 9 features a lot of water.
Not a dune in sight though.