PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Hybrid

bluprint
15th June 2011, 04:28 PM
I've been looking at this since it first came out. Like all new golf equipment over priced initially.

http://www.bushnellgolf.com/hybrid/laser_gps.cfm

What are people's thoughts?

I like the concept, not too keen on the Bushnell gps interface and would prefer a full graphics view of the hole for the money they are asking.

virge666
15th June 2011, 04:58 PM
Why have a dog and bark...

$300 for the scope and $100 for the gps - attach the gps to the bag and if you like - use the scope.

Why integrate the same thing ?

IanO
15th June 2011, 05:10 PM
I bought a cheapo laser range finder for $100 on the bay to use for practice and use my SureShot for rounds.

A mate has the Pin Seeker and we did some comparisons during a game and I could not tell the difference to use or in the results.

I think that integrating the two just provides more opportunity for it all to go horribly wrong.

Goldy
15th June 2011, 08:33 PM
Bluprint - I don't know that these come with Australian course mapping - so they may not be an option.

Daves
15th June 2011, 08:39 PM
Bluprint - I don't know that these come with Australian course mapping - so they may not be an option.

I think you are right on that Goldy. They certainly aren't giving them away. You can buy the equivalent GPS and Rangie separately for less anyway.

bluprint
15th June 2011, 09:08 PM
Fair points it will be interesting to see if they sell them directly in Oz