PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 4th July

McMw
5th July 2005, 09:31 PM
played like a pro on 2 holes, hack on 4 holes, and crap golfer on 3 holes...
and I don't even have tour clubs!!! :evil:

cazandpaul
6th July 2005, 03:13 PM
4B v Par - +8 - good enough for a ball - started to hit it all right on the back but need to play more (and practice :oops: ).

990B Luva
6th July 2005, 06:30 PM
played Nudgee South today, had 89-72, with a double on the 1st and 18th (no i did not go in the water on 18) and an 8 on the 2nd (OB,then water from the tee) and made par on the 17th (460ish m par 5).... after hitting my 2nd to 15ft :cry:

Grunt
7th July 2005, 08:11 AM
Played Carnavon on Tuesday, had one of those days.
Since the swing changes are starting to gel the slice is not as bad as it was and now instead of hitting from the adjacent fairway I am just in the rough and under the trees so the score is being hurt by that. It will come good soon.

Flowergirl
7th July 2005, 10:45 AM
Monthly medal yesterday.
Front nine - first three holes - par
4th - silly triple :cry:
then bogey, par, par, bogey, bogey for a very nice 43.

Back nine f%$##@ 54!!!!!!!!!!! and that was with a par on the 10th and a par on the 18th. WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!

Grunt
7th July 2005, 04:49 PM
Played new brighton today, started off ok but faltered badly on the closing holes to go down by 1 in the matchplay, I was 1 up at the 17th tee :cry:

My record is intact, never won a matchplay match :oops:

Rematch tomorrow @ Macarthur Grange

McMw
7th July 2005, 05:13 PM
41 yesterday with an OOB slice so bad...
but then again, we were playing behind a bunch of hacks with tour clubs...and one of the a-hole almost hit me too... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

jimandr
9th July 2005, 05:27 PM
Why you should never give up in Matchplay. By Jimandr.

After my magic round last week I am number 1 seed in the club matchplay. Drawn against number 16, a guy off 12.

I start like a hacker, and my short game completely deserts me. I'm 8 over par and 3 down after 8 holes.

He gives me the 9th as a gift. 2 down at the turn. I start playing better, I get on a roll, he starts panicking, I start thinking I can win.

After 13 holes I've turned 3 down into 2 up, and then kill him stone dead by hitting a five iron to 2 feet on 14 and a nine iron to five feet on 15 for back to back birdies.

I won 7 holes in a row to go from 3 down to a 4&3 victory :lol: :lol:

Played awful early, but was hitting the ball really well by the finish. I get to play Matchplay again Saturday, and then against Amanda on Sunday 8)

3oneday
9th July 2005, 06:49 PM
Why you should never give up in Matchplay.  By Jimandr.

After my magic round last week I am number 1 seed in the club matchplay.  Drawn against number 16, a guy off 12.

I start like a hacker, and my short game completely deserts me.  I'm 8 over par and 3 down after 8 holes.  

He gives me the 9th as a gift.  2 down at the turn.  I start playing better, I get on a roll, he starts panicking, I start thinking I can win.  

After 13 holes I've turned 3 down into 2 up, and then kill him stone dead by hitting a five iron to 2 feet on 14 and a nine iron to five feet on 15 for back to back birdies.

I won 7 holes in a row to go from 3 down to a 4&3 victory :lol:  :lol:

Played awful early, but was hitting the ball really well by the finish.  I get to play Matchplay again Saturday, and then against Amanda on Sunday 8)Is this down to the new driver you ho'd Jim, or the few tips the pro gave you when you were testing drivers ??

Well done mate, into the quarters, even that in itself is an achievement =D> =D>
Pete

peter_rs
9th July 2005, 06:49 PM
Played st lucia today.

46+39=85 (62).

34 putts which is good. I didn't hit a drive all day.

coming home with 4 pars helped the score.

As every high hcper says it could have been better. Looks like the blades (MB) are a good investment :wink:

Grunt
9th July 2005, 06:53 PM
Played Mac grange yesterday in my final hitout b4 pennants 35 points. I know I keep saying it but the turn around in my scoring is near , I can feel it.

Tomorrow is the day :lol: I know it i will have my first ever matchplay win :wink:

All omens point to it, The bunnies win, Grant wins, I am a tragic South Supporter for those who don't already know.

Trung
9th July 2005, 06:58 PM
26 points today 8)

BrisVegas
9th July 2005, 07:16 PM
Looks like the blades (MB) are a good investment :wink:

Can I quote you on that Pete? 8)

That's a helluva score. Good work. Hope to see more of the same from you tomorrow.

oz
9th July 2005, 07:22 PM
Ridiculously wet conditions today. Still played, though. 8)

Drove it real solid all day long (13 of 14 effective drives), and putted pretty well, too, but seriously could not hit an iron shot to save my life. I missed them in every possible way. Fat, thin, left & right. :evil:

33 points. :?

McMw
9th July 2005, 10:56 PM
wat's an "ëffective"drive btw???

first time in a long time since I didn't play 18 on a Saturday...

well...technically...I did!!! :lol:
9 holes in the morning, went to town to collect clubs, got back in time for a 4.30pm t off... :lol:

MM tomorrow...and the state my game is in, I'll be lucky to get within 5 shots of my hcp... :roll: :roll:

oz
10th July 2005, 08:46 AM
McMw, it's a term I saw someone use here previously...

I consider it to be a drive that is in the fwy, or 1st cut.

For me, yesterday, it was 10 of 14 in the fairway, and 3 of 14 in the 1st cut, laeving a perfectly normal and playable approach. The other 1 of 14 was pulled left, into a fwy bunker.

It was a solid day with the driver, but a very, very poor day with the irons.

gazgolf1
10th July 2005, 08:56 AM
Slapped it around for a huge 30 pts yesterday....lost interest half way around.I think I've got mental problems....beautiful day,course in great nick,playing ok and I'm losing interest. :?

Jarro
10th July 2005, 10:27 AM
played with Gaz, Nudgee yesterday at Nudgee.

ended up with 28 points :oops:

i blame Gaz for my poor score though, i was going OK 'till he dropped the ball .. and the cancer spread to my game :P :wink:

AndyP
10th July 2005, 10:28 AM
McMw, it's a term I saw someone use here previously...

I consider it to be a drive that is in the fwy, or 1st cut.

For me, yesterday, it was 10 of 14 in the fairway, and 3 of 14 in the 1st cut, laeving a perfectly normal and playable approach. The other 1 of 14 was pulled left, into a fwy bunker.
I'll own up. :)
The definition is pretty much how I use it too.

..beautiful day,course in great nick,playing ok and I'm losing interest. :?
Nothing wrong with taking a few weeks break, Gaz. You'll come back hungry for it. :smt045

gazgolf1
10th July 2005, 01:10 PM
just had a couple of weeks off mate. :?

Trung
10th July 2005, 01:38 PM
28 points today. Bloody windy :shock:

marcel
10th July 2005, 02:54 PM
28 points today. Bloody windy  :shock:

You were bloody brave (or something) to go out in it, those big gum trees must have really been swaying.

AndyP
10th July 2005, 03:28 PM
just had a couple of weeks off mate. :?
Give it up and play lawn bowls? :smt102
Or maybe you need to HO a bit more. ;)

----------------

Interested to see what scores come in today. This wind is crazy!! :shock:

Grunt
10th July 2005, 07:29 PM
Played C Grade Pennants this afternoon at Muirfield, it was the windiest day that I have ever played golf in. Played poorly at times with flashes of brilliance bringing me back into it. Almost got done, I was 1 down after 16 and got it back to square the match :) . Macarthur Grange won C grade 3 - 2.5. :lol:

Play Bexley at Macarthur Grange next week.

Matchplay record 5 games 0 wins 1 Draw 4 Losses

jimandr
10th July 2005, 08:54 PM
I echo other thoughts about the wind in Sydney today. It was super windy 50mph stuff, and only Trung knows why he went out in it.

Obviously Grunt didn't have a choice. At least in matchplay your opponent has to play in the same conditions.

I went to my course with the intention of hitting some balls, but changed my mind when I got there.

To answer 3oneday's question about my round: the jury is still out on the Precept Fuel driver. I'll give it a couple of more weeks, then perhaps post my thoughts back in the equipment thread. My improved form is mainly due to the tips the pro gave me at the time. I am hitting fades instead of draws that turn into hooks. The poorly hit ones go short but fairly straight, so I haven't been getting into much trouble off the tees.

Trung
10th July 2005, 09:38 PM
and only Trung knows why he went out in it.

I invited a visitor, I couldn't cancel as he was already at the course.

I played well in the wind for 14 holes.. and then...3 straight wipes from 15th-17th. :twisted:

McMw
10th July 2005, 10:30 PM
MM this arvo...and I'm sure they had the pins at Open positions on most of the holes, and the greens were running FAST...had a 3putt from 12 ft easy!!! :(

had a 36/36/72 afternoon, with a 5 hole stretch around the turn that went bird/bird/double/bird/bird!!! :lol:

anyway...my nett score was only good for 3rd place in the A Divi...
but more importantly, the score should be good enuff for a decent seeding in the club champs coming soon...

BrisVegas
11th July 2005, 07:02 AM
Nice shooting Mau. Good luck in the champs. 8)

I played Riverlakes for the first time yesterday. Good course, lots of variety. Very windy.

80 (par 70) - 7 for a nett 73.

Had a couple of silly doubles where i underclubbed and put the ball in the water. Missed a bunch of birdie putts, including a 3-putt for par on the 11th. Oh well, it happens. Mediocrity rules these days.

Enjoyed playing with the big hitters (Scotty_G, Keza_G, Peter_rs, Andylo) as it got me swinging a bit more purposefully. I always seem to strike it a lot sweeter when I have a lash at it. :roll:

Fishman Dan
11th July 2005, 08:17 AM
Nice work Grant - you've broken the duck - sorta ;)

Played 4somes on Saturday with a 19 marker. Haven't played 18 holes of straight 4somes before, and we got off to a scratchy start with a 3 putt on the first for double. We picked up that shot on the 2nd.

We struggled through the front 9, the overnight rain slowed the greens to a crawl. I chipped to 1 foot on the 9th, and my partner left the putt short :shock:

On the back we got it together and combined really well, shooting +4 with 5 pars and 4 bogeys, unlucky not to have 1 or 2 more.

At the end of the day, Gross 80 and nett 61.5 (par 65). Clubhouse leader by 3.5 when I left for Melbourne, but found out that another pair off 18 had 78 Gross - 60 nett and knocked us off.

Champs for the next couple of weeks in Gordon Stroke Month.

mike
11th July 2005, 04:25 PM
Up until a month ago I was on top of my game. Shooting high 70s low 80s consistently.
Since then it's been a pretty disjointed time as far as golf goes. Weekends painting and gardening and visiting 'lations etc etc. No golf. No practise.
Had my first game for weeks yesterday.
Fairways- 2/14
GIR- 0/18
Putts- 32
90/79
Had 2 scratchy pars and 16 holes of complete crap.