PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone seriously use one of these? (putt-putt putter)

ricktobin86
13th June 2011, 10:22 PM
I had no idea you could buy these;

http://www.squizzysgolf.com.au/product.php?m=get&id=942

MegaWatty
13th June 2011, 10:23 PM
I have one that says Acushnet on it.

Daves
13th June 2011, 10:26 PM
I have an old Bullseye copy, but I have not used it for years. I do see the odd old Codger using one. There is even a Scotty version.

oncewasagolfer
13th June 2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah a mate has an acushnet one which another mate bent when he whacked a ball off the green with it. I took one look at it and said this is stuffed, now when he misses a putt he always blames the bend in the neck.

Captain Nemo
13th June 2011, 10:31 PM
Wait till wazandnic chimes in here!

dave1
14th June 2011, 01:17 AM
I use putter made in the 80's (I think) an old ping...

putting is rolling the golf ball with a stick, if you can make it roll with that then fine...

Ryuji Imada uses a bullseye like putter (might be an SC) putts very well with it

Im in the bob Rotella camp...putting is rolling the golf ball with a stick. All these funky head designs all do the same.....they roll it

Golfnut
14th June 2011, 01:41 AM
My 4yo has one in yellow with a tacki-mak grip on it :D

gilagolf
14th June 2011, 03:37 AM
Wow, nice looking putter....

BroKar
14th June 2011, 07:11 AM
I use putter made in the 80's (I think) an old ping...

putting is rolling the golf ball with a stick, if you can make it roll with that then fine...

Ryuji Imada uses a bullseye like putter (might be an SC) putts very well with it

Im in the bob Rotella camp...putting is rolling the golf ball with a stick. All these funky head designs all do the same.....they roll it

I thought you used a del mar ??

Dotty
14th June 2011, 08:07 AM
I can get hold of a brass one, with 'Newton' stencilled on it. (My mother bought clubs around 1990, to take up golf, but never got around to it.) It is a shocking putter.

I had some good results (including a board event) with a brass milled Precept version, designed by Kirk Currie. (There was a small flange on the back, similar to one of the SC versions, but the styling was more P76 than organic curves.) Absence of a cavity and/or sightline made lining-up a pain, and I relied on the reflection at the curve from the topline to the hosel.

Re-tried it out a couple of years ago, when scraping together some clubs for a friend. Like blades and wooden drivers, less than perfect strikes gives embarrassing results.

Veefore
14th June 2011, 09:43 AM
I had one of my best putting rounds ever using a cheap zinc PGF copy of a bullseye. A couple of weeks ago when I was in Bali and using loaner clubs I also used one in preference to all the ping copies and spaceship replicas.
I would have loved to get hold of a cheap Acushnet one.

wazandnic
14th June 2011, 12:31 PM
Wait till wazandnic chimes in here!

Here I am! ;)

Yeah I use one of these... well a SC variety as opposed to the one in the link! 8-)

Have tried many others over the years, but keep coming back to this classic style. All that fancy mumbo jumbo on putters these days just distracts the eye in my opinion. Focus and stroke it - easy to do with the Bulseye.

I've had many jibes over the years for using it, but for me it works so it's not going anywhere.

Captain Nemo
14th June 2011, 12:33 PM
Nice Waz, post a couple of pics of some classic beauty's to educate the lads on here!:mrgreen:

wazandnic
14th June 2011, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately don't have any pics on my work computer. Will try and post some tonight from home.

Cheers,
Waz

dave1
14th June 2011, 01:05 PM
I thought you used a del mar ??

did for a while...ended up selling it...used it for about 3 months off and on

I play on slow greens....i thought heavy feeling putter would be the go....since discovered on slower greens a lighter putter is better (according to stuff I had read)...its working

IanO
14th June 2011, 01:28 PM
I play with an old bloke who has the most beaten up looking acushnet bullseye I have ever seen. He said it is the only putter he has used in over 20 years and he putts the lights out with it!

wazandnic
14th June 2011, 06:25 PM
Did someone say Bullseye ??? :shock:

Captain Nemo
14th June 2011, 06:33 PM

Love them waz, which one you gaming atm?

oncewasagolfer
14th June 2011, 06:33 PM
Nice collection especially like the look of the black Scotty:)

wazandnic
14th June 2011, 06:40 PM
Love them waz, which one you gaming atm?

Thanks L. Gaming the one front row, second from left. The one next to it is it's back up, just in case! ;)

Captain Nemo
14th June 2011, 06:41 PM
8-)

wazandnic
14th June 2011, 06:44 PM
Nice collection especially like the look of the black Scotty:)

Thanks! Actually that photo is about 6 months old now and that black one (Classic III) and the handstamped one in front row have moved on. The Classic III was beautiful, but too pretty and too light to game. It was being wasted sitting in my cupboard.

Have added this one in their replacement though...

Captain Nemo
14th June 2011, 06:50 PM
Thats sick Waz, love it!=D>

Shadesy
16th June 2011, 11:46 AM
Played against a mate in Ambrose on Saturday and he would of had 11 putts (for 9 Holes) including a 25 downhill, monster and anything within 10 feet was holed, using one of these

Said he was given it by someone who thought it was rubbish, and has dropped 5 strokes using it.

Amazing!