PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into Golf Sim?

gilagolf
9th June 2011, 02:00 AM
I just tried out a golf simulator place and thought it was an interesting experience. It's basically a sports pub with some F&B and you pay about RM25 per hour (about AUD8) and you get to swing at a simulator screen in various pre-loaded golf courses, like Pebble Beach, Belfry, Old Course, Oakmount etc. From what I see, the courses seems pretty accurate, but the gameplay realism is a little off. Not sure if this is popular in other places. There's even a tournament called Full swing golf tournament they have regularly pitching you with other players around the world playing the same sim.

Did a review of it here (http://gilagolf.net/malaysian-golf-courses/citygolf-bsc/)

Marto65
9th June 2011, 06:36 AM
Its been tried out here a few times ... and hasnt taken off anywhere that i know of.

rodders
9th June 2011, 07:28 AM
Very big in Singapore. I tried it and was a bit of fun. Not sure I would play it again though as I had trouble getting my 320 yard drives to do the same on my golf course.

Dotty
9th June 2011, 08:07 AM
In January, Andrew tried one in St Leonards, Sydney.

It caused his knee problems to flare up again, and he hasn't been able to get on a course since.

moree golfer
9th June 2011, 01:54 PM
Anyone know of a simulator on the Gold Coast? I am going there Saturday but is likely to be wet and I will struggle to convince the missus I deserve a round.

Courty
9th June 2011, 05:34 PM
I played Pebble Beach at the Tap Inn in Adelaide with Marcel & Chris32 a few years back. It was a pretty cool way to kill some time at the pub with mates, but no substitute for the real thing.

markTHEblake
9th June 2011, 06:15 PM
Anyone know of a simulator on the Gold Coast? I am going there Saturday but is likely to be wet and I will struggle to convince the missus I deserve a round.

Dont think so, I know a bloke who has been developing one for quite some time just like the one Gilagolf used, but they have closed their little local venture here. Was never really public but you coulda had a crack. They were working on the overall concept of an experience rather than just the game realism, which the considered not to be the most important part. Their idea was 18 seperate simulators, and your group will go from hole to hole, each one in the actual surrounds relative to the hole. eg 1st Hole in Hawaii is surrounded by real palm trees, and the remainder of the site was a complete entertainment area with bars, restaurant and viewing areas. As far as I know they only had one live location in USA somewhere.