PDA

View Full Version : Bjorn's watever-u-call-it @ European Open

McMw
4th July 2005, 09:15 AM
I haven't seen the coverage or read anything yet...but Bjorn (3rd round leader) at the European Open had an 11 on the par4 17th!!!

suwii
4th July 2005, 04:05 PM
yeh that's amazing!! I can't believe that happened!!!

Fishman Dan
4th July 2005, 04:18 PM
I think an 11 is called a 'Brain fart'.

How did he manage it? Penalties? Duffed chips? Play from the wrong tees? :oops:

mike
4th July 2005, 04:22 PM
3 in the water.
Looked like he was gonna cry.
Hilarious stuff.

Jarro
4th July 2005, 04:53 PM
at least he didn't have 13.

Bruce
4th July 2005, 09:44 PM
I watched that this afternoon.

He plonked the first in the water which was a lateral hazard, walked down, didn't like what he was offered and then went back to the tee box leaving his caddy on the fairway.

As soon as he hit the second he called out that he was gunna need another ball. Had to wait for the caddy to get driven back with the bag. He didn't even tee the third one up.

And did you see Darren Clarke on 16? His ball was boucning down into the greenside water, dissappeared over the edge and then bounced back up to sit on the edge. Amazing shot.

Bruce
5th July 2005, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah. And the othe odd story of the afternoon was Colin Montgomerie surging up the leaderboard from 5th to T2 by sitting on his arse in the clubhouse while those ahead of him imploded.

McMw
5th July 2005, 04:16 PM
I saw the 4 tee shots Bjorn had...
it's a wonder he hooked any of those shots, coz he has such a huge forward sway...and it got worse and worse with each ball... :lol:

and wow...Clarke's magic act on the last...that's got to be better than the ball that bounced back from the beach onto the fairway on the 18th at Pebble (a few many years back now)... :shock: :shock: :shock: