PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast - WTF!

poidda
1st June 2011, 09:18 AM
Seriously, what the **** is going on at the Gold Coast? There's an armed hold up ever other night and now a poor copper has paid for it with his life.

I've always thought it was a shit hole, but it's getting pretty ordinary.

It's giving the Great South East a bad name.

Ferrins
1st June 2011, 09:24 AM
I believe it's due to the drainage issues at Helensvale.

BrisVegas
1st June 2011, 09:27 AM
I'm just pleased to see it taking the heat off Ipswich in poidda's rants. :lol:

just
1st June 2011, 09:41 AM
Just a guess, with no data to support it, the only two industries that provided gainful employment, building units and tourism have probably nose dived, but Helensvale's drainage issues sound good also. Maybe everyone's moved there from Ipswich.

poidda
1st June 2011, 09:44 AM
I'm just pleased to see it taking the heat off Ipswich in poidda's rants. :lol:

Come on bro. You live in the big smoke these days. Ipswich jibes are no where near as much fun any more. Quite selfish on your behalf.

kpac
1st June 2011, 10:35 AM
Seriously, what the **** is going on at the Gold Coast? There's an armed hold up ever other night and now a poor copper has paid for it with his life.

I've always thought it was a shit hole, but it's getting pretty ordinary.

I actually is quite widely regarded as a crime hotspot. But this has never changed... Always been a shithole really, they added lights and people came to party-holiday. At some point people got confused and started thinking it was a nice family holiday spot. In reality the streets have always been laden with criminals, drugs and violence. Crooked cops and the state Blind eye treatment helped also. It's been on the gradual improve over the last 15years. Seems of late it has return to its former self.

timah!
1st June 2011, 10:36 AM
Poidda,
Not sure if you are on Facebook, but the QPS feed is just depressing of late, and it's certainly not restricted to the GC.
Fatal accidents, stabbings, robberies. Really opens your eyes to what a shitful society we're turning into.

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

3oneday
1st June 2011, 10:37 AM
One death surely doesn't make a place Afghanistan ?

poidda
1st June 2011, 10:52 AM

3 armed robberies a week, which has ultimately led to a police officer being shot in the head with a shotgun, doesn't exactly make a place Fraggle Rock either!

And why Afghanistan? Surely a few terrorists doesn't make a place WWII.

You really do say some moronic things sometimes. Have some respect for a killed policeman. Next you'll be saying he was asking for it as much as the women gangbanged by NRL players ask for it. Idiot.

kpac
1st June 2011, 11:05 AM
Really opens your eyes to what a shitful society we're turning into.

You're lucky Just hasn't seen that!!!
If he does, run! and admit we live in a world of butterflies and rainbows. ;)

just
1st June 2011, 11:14 AM
You're lucky Just hasn't seen that!!!
If he does, run! and admit we live in a world of butterflies and rainbows. ;)
I did see it Henny Penny, however saying that the world is a far better place than it was does not equate to "bad things don't happen". I can't be bothered anymore, feel free to depress yourselves.

WBennett
1st June 2011, 11:17 AM
Ahh Queensland. Beautiful one day, a hotbed of crime the next.

markTHEblake
1st June 2011, 11:35 AM
we need Sgt Donger back. If the crooks paid their fees like they used to there would be no issues.

I blame Fitzgerald.

kpac
1st June 2011, 11:39 AM
I did see it Henny Penny, however saying that the world is a far better place than it was does not equate to "bad things don't happen". I can't be bothered anymore, feel free to depress yourselves.

I think the world is a fkn awesome place Just. I just hope for keeing it that way, and maybe even better....

3oneday
1st June 2011, 02:56 PM
3 armed robberies a week, which has ultimately led to a police officer being shot in the head with a shotgun, doesn't exactly make a place Fraggle Rock either!

And why Afghanistan? Surely a few terrorists doesn't make a place WWII.

You really do say some moronic things sometimes. Have some respect for a killed policeman. Next you'll be saying he was asking for it as much as the women gangbanged by NRL players ask for it. Idiot.
You're a precious little man aren't you ?

Please keep your personal insults to yourself. If you choose to post on a public forum, your precious little being should possibly learn how to deal with opinions different to ones precious selfs own.

2 guys got killed yesterday, did you raise a thread about that ?

And your football analogy highlights how ridiculous your behaviour can be. I assume you also don't accept when people hint that you could be wrong, do you cry ?

poidda
1st June 2011, 03:07 PM
My opinion
It's shocking that a police officer was killed in duty on the Gold Coast. Crime seems out of control.

Your opinion
Warzone in Afghanistan is the same as a pub in Gold Coast.
Meh, so what if a copper got killed. Two soldiers got killed at war yesterday.

Idiot

can I quote myself?

poidda
1st June 2011, 03:15 PM

Actually, can you explain this? The "One death" being a police officer in our backyard. I'm at a loss as to what this can mean without it being so disrespectful.

henno
1st June 2011, 03:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vqMcG.gif

MegaWatty
1st June 2011, 03:27 PM
So it's a black thing now Henno?

poidda
1st June 2011, 03:30 PM
Wasn't he white?

Peter
1st June 2011, 03:48 PM
I blame soccer fans (i.e. violent soccer hooligans) for the problems on the GC.

I can't believe I'm defending 3, but why the big sook poidda? Stating that 1 death doesn't make a place a warzone is hardly offensive.

BrisVegas
1st June 2011, 03:49 PM

I much prefer that Michael Jackson. no homo.

poidda
1st June 2011, 04:06 PM
I blame soccer fans (i.e. violent soccer hooligans) for the problems on the GC.

I can't believe I'm defending 3, but why the big sook poidda? Stating that 1 death doesn't make a place a warzone is hardly offensive.

Sorry my bad. Maybe the death is just another number. :roll:

ddasey
1st June 2011, 04:22 PM
From all accounts armed robberies aren't that much more than previous years, just seem to be in the media more often.

Peter
1st June 2011, 04:24 PM
Or maybe it was a genuine question - 1 death, however tragic, doesn't turn a place into a shithole. As you correctly pointed out, it's that plus all the other crap happening there that adds up to the place being a shithole.

No need to imply that the guy is disrespecting a dead policeman.

Jarro
1st June 2011, 04:25 PM
Or maybe it was a genuine question - 1 death, however tragic, doesn't turn a place into a shithole. As you correctly pointed out, it's that plus all the other crap happening there that adds up to the place being a shithole.

I agree.

ddasey
1st June 2011, 04:28 PM

Agreed. Little close to home and typed without thinking. Wasn't having a crack.. Fixed.

Jarro
1st June 2011, 04:34 PM
One thing i think we can all agree on is that the sentences given to these arseholes are never tough enough.

poidda
1st June 2011, 04:37 PM
Maybe I think it's a bigger deal than what it is. This didn't happen in a war zone in Afghanistan, but in a local pub on the Gold Coast.

kpac
1st June 2011, 04:42 PM
Remembering that is started with the cnyts taking hostages in the pub. These idiots deserve nothing the harshest of penalties. The ring leader is in apparent shock and pain (according to the lawyer) due to the force of the police dog bite in his capture. Let the dogs have him!

Yossarian
1st June 2011, 05:22 PM
One thing i think we can all agree on is that the sentences given to these arseholes are never tough enough.

I disagree with this.

Marto65
1st June 2011, 05:24 PM
I agree...its getting to the stage where its too scary to go to nudie bars in Surfers any more (so I'm told)

Nah ... once you're inside you'd be pretty safe (no homo) ... so I hear.

sms316
1st June 2011, 05:25 PM
60 odd armed robberies in 3 months or so isn't it? I'll take living in the retirement village 200km north any day.

Moe Norman
1st June 2011, 05:48 PM
It's a shithole.

A mate of mine runs the Indooroopilly CIB and his best mate got 'promoted' to run the GC CIB from whatever level he was before. He was excited about the promotion and the move, while everyone else was sniggering behind his back and telling him he had no idea what he was in for.

12 months later and the bloke has never worked harder, and is getting smashed.

TheTrueReview
1st June 2011, 07:23 PM
I was a cop on the Gold Coast from 84 - 94. Served in both uniform & plain clothes. Let me tell you; all of these 'current' issues are nothing new. We were run off our feet; especially during holiday periods. With the school holiday overlap, that was most of the year. In those days, most of the elite football teams came to the Gold Coast for their end of season trip, so for two or so weeks, they'd tear Surfers apart. Then there was every other B - Z grade football team that could afford the bus fare that came as well.

What about the crime? Yep, there was heaps of that too. Murders, rapes, armed hold ups (yes, plenty of those), car theft, sieges, serious assaults, street crime, illegal prostitution, more drugs than you could poke a stick at & the list goes on. There were drug rings, bikie gangs etc. Serious crims from Melbourne & Sydney would visit to do stick ups. I remember one case where some Painter & Docker members were caught getting off a flight at Coolangatta airport with implements that they were going to use in armed hold ups on the Gold Coast. They had everything including a list of police radio frequencies. In those days, the targets were banks, not the soft targets of today (7/11 stores & service stations). The stick up merchants that hit banks carried guns, unlike the pimply faced kids with bread & butter knives that hold up 7/11s. Remember Brendan Abbott? Mad Dog Cox?

On another occasion, mates of mine were shot at when they stumbled on an armed hold up in progress at Mermaid Waters. The only difference between that and the other night is that the bullets missed my mates.

The Gold Coast had well & truly lost its innocence by the 80s. Any suggestion that serious crime has somehow just found the Gold Coast is laughable.

markTHEblake
1st June 2011, 07:50 PM
I agree but how tough should they be? Though I am not sure if harsher sentencing will deter such acts, but part of the punishment is meant to be justice too.

What about the crime? Yep, there was heaps of that too. Murders, rapes, armed hold ups (yes, plenty of those), car theft, sieges, serious assaults, street crime, illegal prosecution, more drugs than you could poke a stick at & the list goes on.

I hate going to that cesspit called paradise, that sort of thing if it occurs is more likely to happen around there. However this is a bit of a surprise to us here that it happened in Pacific Pines, some might describe that as getting too close to home. ( You probably don't know where Pacific Pines is, just south of Movieworld)

If you go to Surfers in June you might think you are in Afghanistan.

POTY Nom.

sms316
1st June 2011, 07:54 PM
How stupid are the local/state government who condone Schoolies down there?

Of course they say that the event itself is clear of issues, but bringing youths to the area when they know that they'll all be getting poleaxed is just stupid beyond words.

markTHEblake
1st June 2011, 08:43 PM
I think that the councils actions is more a case of trying to control/manage it rather than condoning, because they are going to come here anyway. This has been going on for over 30 years.

dc68
2nd June 2011, 06:12 PM
, illegal prosecution, more drugs than you could poke a stick at & the list goes on.

And you were there post Fitzgerald?!?!?

;)

My ex is a copper and I worry about her.

TheTrueReview
2nd June 2011, 11:17 PM

.... ( You probably don't know where Pacific Pines is, just south of Movieworld)

Judging by the locality it sounds like a re-name of the old Cades County development?

markTHEblake
3rd June 2011, 12:24 AM
could be, there is no such place now. Cades County, was that the waterslide place?

Pacific Pines is all around behind there, from Smith st to behind movieworld almost, its a massive subdivision, 20 year project from memory.

ddasey
3rd June 2011, 07:08 AM
Judging by the locality it sounds like a re-name of the old Cades County development?

That exactly what it is.

kpac
3rd June 2011, 07:33 AM
It aint a nice neighbourhood thats certain, but even so, hostages and shootings are still a bit bloody ripe!!

Ned
12th July 2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.news.com.au/national/man-shot-dead-in-house-in-gold-coast-hinterland-house/story-e6frfkvr-1226092957377

And the "Hits" just keep on rolling!

:roll:

shavey
12th July 2011, 01:18 PM
And this shooting this morning is less than 1km from my house! Quiet area as well so can't imagine it being anything other than drug related...

TheTrueReview
12th July 2011, 01:54 PM
http://www.news.com.au/national/man-shot-dead-in-house-in-gold-coast-hinterland-house/story-e6frfkvr-1226092957377

And the "Hits" just keep on rolling!

:roll:

Drug related shooting where a house intruder bites the dust.

just
12th July 2011, 03:59 PM
Without knowing the full details of this I hope like hell the home owner gets off.

Also without knowing the full details the house owner doesn't appear to be the one wielding the gun. Four intruders, at least one with a gun in a quiet suburb would suggest it's not your regular break and enter and therefore I would suggest the home owner has been taken into for custody for other reasons in which case your sympathies may be misplaced. We shall wait and see!

TheTrueReview
12th July 2011, 04:08 PM
Also without knowing the full details the house owner doesn't appear to be the one wielding the gun. Four intruders, at least one with a gun in a quiet suburb would suggest it's not your regular break and enter and therefore I would suggest the home owner has been taken into for custody for other reasons in which case your sympathies may be misplaced. We shall wait and see!

He's "assisting police with their enquiries" Just.

shavey
12th July 2011, 05:04 PM
Which is why it 'smells' drug related from the outset. Seriously, the neighbourhood is full of young, middle income families so it's totally out of place. I wonder how many people will be out there this afternoon having a sticky beak.

And I think it's even closer to MTB house than mine...

Daves
12th July 2011, 05:08 PM
He's "assisting police with their enquiries" Just.

... and now been charged with Manslaughter.

TheTrueReview
12th July 2011, 05:19 PM
Hmmm ... do we smell the involvement of an outlaw motorcycle gang?? :-k

markTHEblake
12th July 2011, 08:36 PM
And I think it's even closer to MTB house than mine...

very. it was off my street. so whoever was running away was heading towards us.
didnt hear a thing though even though i was awake 20 mins before.

BrisVegas
12th July 2011, 08:41 PM
Hmmm ... do we smell the involvement of an outlaw motorcycle gang?? :-k

Seems likely.

Lagerlover
12th July 2011, 08:51 PM
Wild Hogs ?

That is very good!!

Webster
12th July 2011, 10:13 PM
One of the men was allegedly armed with a gun. During a struggle, the gun was allegedly fired, hitting one of the men in the leg, who later died.

Jeez you breed em soft up there. Died from a gunshot wound to the leg? ffs.....did it rupture a varicose vein?

henno
12th July 2011, 10:16 PM
All it has to do is clip the femoral artery and it's night-night time.

Ned
12th July 2011, 10:16 PM
Jeez you breed em soft up there. Died from a gunshot wound to the leg? ffs.....did it rupture a varicose vein?

Femoral artery actually, regardless of circumstances, he never stood a chance of survival.

markTHEblake
12th July 2011, 10:19 PM
apparently you can make it about 50m with a shot to the femoral artery.

Ned
12th July 2011, 11:04 PM
He was lucky to make it that far, must have been on some drugs!

Ned
20th July 2011, 07:58 AM
Here are the latest installments.

Bloke shot last night at Broady.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/man-shot-dead-on-main-roadon-gold-coast/story-e6freoof-1226097983028

Bloke pulls a gun on some bloke at local Tavern,
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/07/19/333445_crime-and-court-news.html

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/07/19/333621_crime-and-court-news.html

Is it only just a bloke thing ?