PDA

View Full Version : Closed PM Stats and stuff

just
1st June 2011, 07:59 AM
Hi Andy
The forum has too many mods can you get rid of a few?

More importantly and the purpose of this post:
Can we have a feature which shows who is sending who PM's?

Not the content, 'cause, you know, that's like private and stuff, just who is sending who a PM and other PM stats.

Cheers
Just

PeteyD
1st June 2011, 08:01 AM
Why would you want that?

poidda
1st June 2011, 08:05 AM
Is this a serious request?

kpac
1st June 2011, 08:10 AM
You're one of the 'privacy laws/rights' people aren't you just?

poidda
1st June 2011, 08:16 AM
wikileaks would love this to be implemented globally!

just
1st June 2011, 08:19 AM
Why would you want that?
Why not?

Is this a serious request?
I'll leave that to you to decide ;)

You're one of the 'privacy laws/rights' people aren't you just?
Relevance is? PM's on a public forum probably wouldn't be covered, but you can research that, especially the info I've requested (i.e. I haven't asked for subject or message body), once again feel free to research, I haven't.

poidda
1st June 2011, 08:21 AM
Relevance is? PM's on a public forum probably wouldn't be covered, but you can research that, especially the info I've requested (i.e. I haven't asked for subject or message body), once again feel free to research, I haven't.

Question?!.

Does the P in PM stand for Public or Private?

Daves
1st June 2011, 08:22 AM
We could all just cc you on our PMs Justin, would that work?;)

BrisVegas
1st June 2011, 08:23 AM
PM sent.

henno
1st June 2011, 08:25 AM
I'm fine with it; all of my ozgolf correspondence is sent via carrier pigeon.

AndyP
1st June 2011, 08:25 AM
You can see who is currently replying to a PM from another member if you are a mod. Do you want to be a mod?

I got a smack on the wrist for revealing who was PMing someone else once, because I didn't realise it was something only I could view.

BrisVegas
1st June 2011, 08:26 AM
You can see who is private messaging by looking at 'Who's Online'. Isn't that enough for you?

just
1st June 2011, 08:27 AM
Question?!.

Does the P in PM stand for Public or Private?
Don't you know? Just because they throw private in the title doesn't actually grant it privacy rights, but feel free to find out.

We could all just cc you on our PMs Justin, would that work?;)
Can you imagine the amount of rubbish I'd have to filter through then Dave? But feel free if you have the urge!

just
1st June 2011, 08:35 AM
I'm fine with it; all of my ozgolf correspondence is sent via carrier pigeon.
Me too, you can never be too careful.

You can see who is currently replying to a PM from another member if you are a mod. Do you want to be a mod?
Didn't I just say there were too many?

You can see who is private messaging by looking at 'Who's Online'. Isn't that enough for you?
Really? I'll check that out.

poidda
1st June 2011, 08:35 AM
Don't you know? Just because they throw private in the title doesn't actually grant it privacy rights, but feel free to find out.

I will keep that in mind next time I'm out stalking the neighbours.

AndyP
1st June 2011, 08:39 AM
There are no statistical or Private Message modifications that I can see that do this.

I'll stick to reading PMs direct from the database.

just
1st June 2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks Andy.

WBennett
1st June 2011, 10:24 AM
Just

I'm normally on your side of debates, but this one is a little tin foil hat for my liking.

AndyP
1st June 2011, 10:29 AM
Have I missed something?

just
1st June 2011, 10:29 AM
Just

I'm normally on your side of debates, but this one is a little tin foil hat for my liking.

Really? I didn't think it was that weird, it wasn't as if I was asking for subject or content and it wouldn't be too much different from other stats. Anyway Andy said it's not happening, so no worries.

TheTrueReview
1st June 2011, 10:33 AM
I like stalking. It gives me that warm, wanted feeling.

http://notreligious.typepad.com/.a/6a00e552e3404e88330133f58100e3970b-450wi

just
1st June 2011, 10:39 AM

So does knowing that Blakey will come and defend me from your "hand waving" whatever that is.

Eldrick
1st June 2011, 10:41 AM
are you wanting to know how many PM's people are sending total or who they are sending them too?

i.e Just has sent 340 PM's
or Just has sent 32 PM's to Zigwah 25 to Yoss etc etc

PeteyD
1st June 2011, 12:13 PM
Nice boat.

markTHEblake
1st June 2011, 12:18 PM
I would have thought that if someone is asking for a feature to be added to the forum that a simple summary of the justification and benefits would be appropriate.

If it helps. I get lots of PM's.

AndyP
1st June 2011, 12:27 PM
I would have thought that if someone is asking for a feature to be added to the forum that a simple summary of the justification and benefits would be appropriate.
There is no feature to be added, so justification wasn't needed.

just
1st June 2011, 12:30 PM
are you wanting to know how many PM's people are sending total or who they are sending them too?

i.e Just has sent 340 PM's
or Just has sent 32 PM's to Zigwah 25 to Yoss etc etc
Both. Just for info I never sent Zigwah a PM as far as I recall, he sent me plenty. It's no different to any of the other stats, such as Just has made xxxx amount of posts, has made xx amount of posts in this thread, just makes most posts in this forum etc. But it can't be done so not a problem.

Nice boat.
Thanks, I'm getting one soon.

A quick look at the other feature requests shows that no one else has, including yours and yet you choose mine to make your point. I asked, Andy looked at it and said it can't be done, no problems.

If it helps. I get lots of PM's.
Happy for you, must mean you have lots of friends on Ozgolf, but I don't care.

Yossarian
1st June 2011, 02:28 PM
Your PMs are full just.

Eldrick
1st June 2011, 02:48 PM
Your PMs are full just.
guffaw

sms316
1st June 2011, 07:17 PM
I'll stick to reading PMs direct from the database.

I might test this out tonight.

markTHEblake
1st June 2011, 07:34 PM
A quick look at the other feature requests shows that no one else has, including yours
Highly unlikely.

and yet you choose mine to make your point.

well Peteyd did ask a fair question. Am surprised that someone who works in a large organisation is not familiar with writing a solid business case. We all know that if we want someone else to do some work for us, we got to sell the idea.

Happy for you, must mean you have lots of friends on Ozgolf, but I don't care.

I thought you wanted some numbers for PM's, I was going to add mine up, and if everyone did the same we could post the totals in this thread for ya.

just
1st June 2011, 07:44 PM
Highly unlikely.
And yet true.

Am surprised that someone who works in a large organisation is not familiar with writing a solid business case.
You know nothing about where I work and the work I do. Complete fail though, no on would do a business case until they knew whether something was feasible, because it be wasted effort. I asked, it wasn't, so no need to go further. Andy told you the same thing.

I thought you wanted some numbers for PM's, I was going to add mine up, and if everyone did the same we could post the totals in this thread for ya.
You are being offensive but that's not new. What is your point?

Ferrins
1st June 2011, 07:51 PM

http://notreligious.typepad.com/.a/6a00e552e3404e88330133f58100e3970b-450wi

That guy has my golf jeans on.

just
1st June 2011, 07:54 PM
That guy has my golf jeans on.
Are the shoes yours too?

markTHEblake
1st June 2011, 08:35 PM
And yet true.

Nuts.

You know nothing about where I work and the work I do.
You did tell the forum where you work. I am not a stalker but I do spend a hellava lot of my time looking up contact and role information at your organisation and similar as part of my work, so I am quite familiar with the kind of information that is easily accessible. Consider it a compliment that I accidentally typed just one day, you have what seems to be a very interesting role.

I need to see a professor up there soon, would it be ok if I go tap on your window? My guess is I would need a ladder though.

Complete fail though, no on would do a business case until they knew whether something was feasible, because it be wasted effort.

Good point, can't argue with that.

I asked, it wasn't, so no need to go further. Andy told you the same thing.
I know it was dead in the water, I was takin the piss

You are being offensive but that's not new. What is your point?

Sarcasm I suppose.

just
1st June 2011, 08:56 PM
I need to see a professor up there soon, would it be ok if I go tap on your window? My guess is I would need a ladder though.
No problems. Henno's been there, he can tell the ladder size you'll need.

Sarcasm I suppose.
You're not very good at it, don't try it again.

henno
1st June 2011, 09:08 PM
No problems. Henno's been there, he can tell the ladder size you'll need.

Twice since joining ozgolf to visit just-almighty and more than a few times over a decade earlier than that, in fact.

markTHEblake
1st June 2011, 09:34 PM
Speaking of ladders, I am probably going to try to break into the library. I wrote to them asking about a particular book and they say its available but they seemed vague about whether i can get it or look at it or not.

not very good at it, don't try it again.
Highly unlikely that will ever happen.

Yossarian
1st June 2011, 10:35 PM
Is blakey actually stalking just?

BrisVegas
2nd June 2011, 09:26 AM
who cares ?

Marto65
2nd June 2011, 02:16 PM
Ferrins ... I fixed your golf jeans.

just
2nd June 2011, 02:24 PM
Speaking of ladders, I am probably going to try to break into the library. I wrote to them asking about a particular book and they say its available but they seemed vague about whether i can get it or look at it or not.
What's the book Blakey, I'll see if I can track down some info for you.

kpac
2nd June 2011, 02:45 PM
What's the book Blakey, I'll see if I can track down some info for you.

I heard it was a pretty old book. Close to 3000 pages with 66 odd stories in it. Can't recall the name now. Was mainly about a long haired fellow, that was handy about the place.... (def no homo!)

markTHEblake
2nd June 2011, 02:46 PM
I got a handle on it at the moment. This conversation was a reminder and i emailed them again today. this time i got a clear answer. but i can only view it there unless i pay $160 for 6 months.

It is a family in law research project and it just so happens an inlaw is a Prof. visiting Uq for a month. I will get him to borrow it if he can. would work better that way. Otherwise if i was you i wouldnt trust me to return it.

Japenese Interns in Australia
Yuriko Nagata. ( I will be visiting her after i read the book)

markTHEblake
2nd June 2011, 02:49 PM
I heard it was a pretty old book. Close to 3000 pages with 66 odd stories in it. .

66 Books you mean. And definitely would not have had long hair.

In any case I prefer the recent prints as The papyrus is very brittle and my paleo hebrew is a bit rusty

kpac
2nd June 2011, 02:52 PM
66 Books you mean. And definitely would not have had long hair.

Did you not see the stage show?? Def had long hair.... (but no homo!)

markTHEblake
2nd June 2011, 02:58 PM
you think thats weird. some people think he looks like Bobby Jones.

just
2nd June 2011, 03:01 PM
The book "Unwanted aliens : Japanese internment in Australia" has two copies, one is a research only copy, but the other is available from the Social Sciences library. If you run into any probs let me know. Kpac the other book definitely does have homo in it.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2011, 03:11 PM
am positive it says no homo