PDA

View Full Version : Jeans-poor form?

Ferrins
27th May 2011, 04:10 PM
Does seeing someone play comp in a pair of jeans rub you the wrong way? I wear them when it's cold and have a spare pair of strides in the car if asked to change. I have never been asked.

3oneday
27th May 2011, 04:11 PM
Maybe in Tenterfield, not many other places though.

Yossarian
27th May 2011, 04:12 PM
I think there is a time and a place. I also think it would be sort of uncomfortable and can look a bit unclassy.

Ferrins
27th May 2011, 04:19 PM
It started for me playing in Tassie at Pittwater golf club. I turned up to play comp in winter and was the only guy without jeans on.

Jarro
27th May 2011, 04:22 PM
I think it looks terrible.

Lift your game ferret !!!

CobraSS
27th May 2011, 04:25 PM
You wouldn't get turned away at Woodford.

Hawkers2008
27th May 2011, 04:39 PM
People are too up tight. I reckon jeans are okay.

I remember playing with the President of Royal _____ and he said it was a bit silly that his club allowed people to wear really crappy chinos but didn't permit members to wear good quality jeans. He would have been happy to change the rule but it was too harder sell.

Jarro
27th May 2011, 04:41 PM
Playing in jeans is nearly as bad as hitting balls at the range without shoes on

Ferrins
27th May 2011, 04:42 PM
I think it looks terrible.

Lift your game ferret !!!

Country Road work wear are swish.

Next you will be telling me I can't mark my ball with a beer can or smoke while holding the flag.

Marto65
27th May 2011, 04:43 PM
You wouldn't get on Brisbane with them on ...

Jarro
27th May 2011, 04:45 PM
Next you will be telling me I can't mark my ball with a beer can or smoke while holding the flag.

I would never tell you to do that ;)

live4golf
Jeans are perfectly fine...in fact they should be encouraged...

Ferrins
I have a pair of Versace jeans with their blazing trumpets on them, that would be perfect for Brisbane GC.

Ferrins
27th May 2011, 04:47 PM
A pair of jeans in good nick looks better than those stupid Take In The Mouth pants that you wear Marto.

kpac
27th May 2011, 04:48 PM
lol
i just love that marto has commented on this thread considering his avatar.

Dead against Jean on course. If you want to wear jeans playing sport there's something wrong form the outset imo.

Hawkers2008
27th May 2011, 04:48 PM
Country Road work wear are swish.

under the rules you are perfectly entitled to use a beer can for such a purpose

Daves
27th May 2011, 04:50 PM
lol

Dead against Jean on course. If you want to wear jeans playing sport there's something wrong form the outset imo.

They are the trousers he wore today actually.

Ferrins
27th May 2011, 05:01 PM
I'm going to wear a tux next time I play with you Marto.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 05:07 PM
I used to wear them occasionally at the club I played at in Canberra. If they are neat, I have no issue. Some clubs seem to have an issue though.

markTHEblake
27th May 2011, 05:25 PM
I wore jeans once at Emerald Lakes cos everything else was dirty. I copped a hiding for that, so never again.

Though dressing like Doug Sanders is ok. :-)

sms316
27th May 2011, 05:58 PM
I used to wear them occasionally at the club I played at in Canberra. If they are neat, I have no issue. Some clubs seem to have an issue though.

Capital, Fairbairn, Queanbeyan or Belconnen?

Jeans have no place on a golf course.

Yossarian
27th May 2011, 06:05 PM
I'd prefer jeans to loudmouth pants.

razaar
27th May 2011, 06:09 PM
Is it jeans or denim?

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 06:11 PM
Capital, Fairbairn, Queanbeyan or Belconnen?

Jeans have no place on a golf course.

X, X, X, X.

Murrumbidgee.

And I knew you'd bite. ;)

sms316
27th May 2011, 06:15 PM
X, X, X, X.

Murrumbidgee.

And I knew you'd bite. ;)
I knew it was the Bidge. Compares well to the four tracks listed.

Ferrins
27th May 2011, 06:17 PM
Denin jeans, Ray.

Shaun, you look like a flaming p^of in your loud mouth shorts.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 06:19 PM
I knew it was the Bidge. Compares well to the four tracks listed.

Toff.

just
27th May 2011, 06:22 PM
Ferrins
Try jeggings, they are more socially acceptable.

Moe Norman
27th May 2011, 06:33 PM
as long as you wear plain white ankle length socks with them

oncewasagolfer
27th May 2011, 06:41 PM
I went to play a practice round at a Vic am qualifier years ago and I was wearing a pair of nice denim shorts and my mate who was going to caddie for me had these horrible multi coloured shorts on. Anyway the bloke in the pro shop wasnt going to let me on the course but was fine with the crap my mate had on.

PeteyD
27th May 2011, 07:27 PM
Some of the dreeadful old washed out shirts people wear you have to wonder why jeans are not allowed. Personally i think they look crap, but each to their own.

BrisVegas
27th May 2011, 07:33 PM
I'm actually ok with jeans. I had to think about it for a bit though... I cannot stand denim shorts though. I think it's because the guys in denim shorts usually have those horrid multi-coloured social group shirts on, XXXX or VB hats, tube socks and joggers. Looks crap.

Decent jeans, with polo shirt looks fine. I wear it to work most days in fact.

Ferrins
27th May 2011, 07:53 PM
Last comp game I played at Tenterfield I wore jeans and Birkenstock clogs.

kev
27th May 2011, 08:21 PM
Does seeing someone play comp in a pair of jeans rub you the wrong way? I wear them when it's cold and have a spare pair of strides in the car if asked to change. I have never been asked.

I didn't think denim was a fabric that kept you warm.

LarryLong
27th May 2011, 09:21 PM
I didn't think denim was a fabric that kept you warm.

+1 You'd be better off wearing thermal tights if you're worried about the temperature.

People wear jeans at my local on comp days, as well as the aforementioned 10 year old shirts. It's not a big deal, but I'm too much of a snappy dresser to do it myself - that and the fact that I don't actually own a pair of jeans.

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2011, 09:24 PM
No jeans on a course. It attracts too many bogans.

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 09:28 PM

+1

Marto65
27th May 2011, 09:35 PM
lol

My pants aren't Jeans ... and are accepted everywhere.

oncewasagolfer
27th May 2011, 09:37 PM
I can't wear jeans while playing golf as they are too restrictive and make the OP play up:(

Dotty
27th May 2011, 09:37 PM
Do we also get to pick which of the 34 rules in the R&A handbook can be ignored?

If you don't like the dress code, then run for committee and change it.

It gets twice as annoying in the workplace. A company relaxes the old policy to allow 'business casual'. Then knuckleheads criticise them for still not allowing jeans, T shirts or sleeveless blouses (often with the arguement that some designer jeans and Tshirt cost three times as much as the business equivalent). Insane.

ps. Our club is currently addressing the jeans rule, but initially only for clubhouse guests after midday Sunday.

Courty
27th May 2011, 10:00 PM
Our Captain wears them most Saturdays. :roll:

oncewasagolfer
27th May 2011, 10:05 PM
Last time I wore jeans in a comp was when I was a member at a sand scrape course out the road. I got them caught when trying to get through a barbed wire fence to retrieve my ball from a pile of sheep shit oob, ripped a nice hole in them:)

golfbound
27th May 2011, 10:44 PM
someone in our group got sent home from palm meadows to change his jeans at a social day we had.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 10:46 PM

Opposed to the bogans today that were allowed to play in canvas shoes and black socks with shorts. I disagree.

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2011, 11:13 PM
Try being a member at Kennedy. Your opinion will change.

rubin
27th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Try being a member at Kennedy. Your opinion will change.

2 guys got turned away last week for trying to play in jeans.

But I would say more an more courses are getting on the proper attire wagon, and imposing strict dress standards.

virge666
27th May 2011, 11:20 PM
I would have thought that anything you can wear in the club should be allowed to be worn on the course ?

I just would find jeans uncomfortable to play in, unless you get those baggy ones all the young'uns are wearing.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 11:38 PM
Our club doesn't allow jeans in the club.

Virge, baggy jeans are so 2000. It's skinny now mate. No where to put your tees without the chance of an unwanted Prince Alfred.

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2011, 11:40 PM
Prince Albert, retard.

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 11:40 PM

No where to put your tees without the chance of an unwanted Prince Alfred.

OUCH!

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 11:41 PM
Prince Albert, retard.

ROFL

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah. I really need to go to Sexpo.

I hope I made you laugh. :)

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 11:42 PM
I didnt pick it up at first.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Me neither. ;)

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2011, 11:43 PM
I'm chuckling.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 11:46 PM
I thought about blaming auto correct. But it was such a dumb mistake that I manned up and have had a smile for the last few minutes.

Helped me forget about my game today which had me pretty low. :) :) :)

virge666
27th May 2011, 11:47 PM

Virge, baggy jeans are so 2000. It's skinny now mate. No where to put your tees without the chance of an unwanted Prince Alfred.

But I wanted everyone at the club to see what brand of undies I had on. Now I have to show them I am catholic ??

Bit too "Buckingham Palace" for mine.

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 11:48 PM
I thought about blaming auto correct. But it was such a dumb mistake that I manned up and have had a smile for the last few minutes.

Helped me forget about my game today which had me pretty low. :) :) :)

post mortem on the game today?

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 11:49 PM
Bad. Maybe 40 putts!

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 11:53 PM
which pro?

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2011, 11:55 PM
He even brought the pro down.

TheTrueReview
28th May 2011, 03:49 AM

+ 1. Unless its accompanied by a mullet. The perfect accessory for jeans on a golf course.

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/j/images/joe-dirt-4.jpg

kpac
28th May 2011, 08:07 AM
My pants aren't Jeans ... and are accepted everywhere.

It's the acceptance of social circles that should be your concern, not the clubs ;)

Marto65
28th May 2011, 08:14 AM
What .. were you a bouncer / fashion police in a previous life?

They are very comfortable, thanks. And the guys that I play with aren't complaining (no homo).

Moe Norman
28th May 2011, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't complain, but I do giggle a little at your expense ;)

Marto65
28th May 2011, 08:26 AM
I wouldn't complain, but I do giggle a little at your expense ;)

Thats fine mate, glad I can make you chuckle. .. One of the reasons I wear them is to get a reaction from people (no homo).

Some hate them, like the current captain at my course. Some like them, but most wont wear them.

Eag's
28th May 2011, 09:49 AM
lol

+1 Marto's pants are shockers, but they are better than jeans.

Ferrins
28th May 2011, 08:48 PM
My top three hates

1/ Camo shorts
2/ Loud mouth pants
3/ Denim shorts

kpac
29th May 2011, 08:10 AM
What .. were you a bouncer / fashion police in a previous life?
They are very comfortable, thanks. And the guys that I play with aren't complaining (no homo).

i was taking the piss... note emoticon.
But if you did want my opinion, they do look pretty stupid. not going to stop you wearing them. I like a bad pair of pants as much as the next bloke. Just wont se me in any of those things.

dean0820
29th May 2011, 12:22 PM
the golf course is one of the few places blokes can have some fun with their clothes.
anyone too conservative to wear fun clothes even on the golf course probably wouldn't be much fun to have a beer with either.
in fact, now that i think about it, of the 20 guys i play with regularly, there is also a direct correlation between their risk taking in clothing and their risk taking in shot making.
i might do a masters thesis relating golf fashion to success in business or something.

Pencil
29th May 2011, 05:57 PM
My top three hates

1/ Camo shorts
2/ Loud mouth pants
3/ Denim shorts

wow, I've played in the #1 and #3 in the last days, even a few weeks back in the CC finals.
I'll admit it, I play in jeans, but if I go somewhere where the dress code says no denim I'm not going to argue with them, its there course.

Dazza
29th May 2011, 06:24 PM
I wear jeans during the week, no way would I wear them on the course.

Ferrins
5th February 2012, 01:21 PM
Had no inkling that I was wearing a pair of jeans at Reddy until Timah pointed it out. Honestly thought they were black trousers.

johnny b goode
5th February 2012, 01:41 PM
generally a pretty feral look, ya know its a long day when on a public course behind a group of players in jeans:roll:

BrisWesty
5th February 2012, 01:44 PM
Jeans should be fine as long as a pleat is ironed into the front and back of them. ;-)

TheTrueReview
5th February 2012, 02:23 PM
generally a pretty feral look, ya know its a long day when on a public course behind a group of players in jeans:roll:

This avid golfer loves his jeans ->

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/j/images/joe-dirt-4.jpg