PDA

View Full Version : Shadesy (Now with Numbers)

Shadesy
26th May 2011, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3hAKO9VMWc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3hAKO9VMWc)

Right it had to be Done.... This was taking this morning with a 6 iron. The ball flight starts right and draws to target. Was a solid strike.

I am unhappy with my transition and have an OTT move i think. Watch the Transition and the plane moves, causing me to really steepen out my swing. Its something I can work on. The transition is too quick too.

Can anyone help with what causes this move and any other tips. Don't be kind.
PS. Thanks Pieface, I was using the Embed Code!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6Ygn8_zK4

Right Here is my Driver Swing. Again I make this move, but I was conscience of it and it was less pronounced. This again was a Nice Draw and it was LONG.

Shadesy
26th May 2011, 12:25 PM
Here is what I mean with my OTT Move or whatever it is:

See my Hands at the top of my back swing move when I start my Downswing!

Here is the Driver (downswing):

The yellow line is my set up Position, The Orange is the shaft position at the top and Pink is my Transition and eventual Downswing. Not a huge difference and I am wondering is this a natural thing or should I be trying to get my Downswing on the Same plane as my takeaway?

Pieface
26th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Try using the little filmstrip button and pasting in the address Shadesy

henno
26th May 2011, 12:32 PM
It looks to me like you're playing for an intentional pull, if that is what you consider starting to the right and drawing to the left. If you're hitting a draw coming from over the top and outside like that, that's about the only way you're going to do it.

A chopper like me has no business handing out golf criticisms and advice, but I just know that I often do the same damn thing.

Yossarian
26th May 2011, 02:10 PM
I like your swing.

David Williams
26th May 2011, 02:20 PM
Shadesy, Go and do this drill... it will help improve your OTT move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDt6N0eF-T8

Shadesy
26th May 2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks David, The bit where he describes Rotating the Shoulder instead of the Forearm, seems to describe my move perfect. So is it actually an OTT move?

Any other glaring faults from the swing gurus out there.

Thanks Yoss - I will give you the benefit that you were being serious!

Yossarian
26th May 2011, 03:19 PM
I was, it works mate so don't be to quick to **** with it! I am also trying to get more forearm rotation. I think.

Your buns also look very tight.

Shadesy
26th May 2011, 03:26 PM
I was, it works mate so don't be to quick to **** with it! I am also trying to get more forearm rotation. I think.

When it works its fine, but I have a horrible snap hook off the tee and pull my irons in my bad shot. This leads to lost balls and lost shots. I am also having trouble playing a cut at the moment. They usually go dead straight haha.

The Video showed the move and too me, it might be a good reason for a snap hook and pull. I have always been a see it and hit it kinda guy and although I have had a few lessons, that pretty much was to get rid of my bad cricket habits.

I want to get to single figures, so some attention in my swing and perhaps equipment may shed a shot or two. You right though, I don't want to start again, just get it honed I guess!

This I am aware of!

BayBum
26th May 2011, 07:03 PM
What you describe in your last post is EXACTLY ! my game.Pull hook driver & straight pull irons.Never had a lesson but do take small pieces of others swings i like & attempt to gel it all together.The driver with me,i have noticed,feels like the left side is static on the way down,almost moving forward & towards the ball a little,then just before impact i realise i have to get out of the way & i either swing my left hip out of the way too late or i stay static on the left side & end up rolling my hands & arms around my body.You ever felt that in your swing ?

Try opening up your hips at address & hit some balls,like a baseball batters stance & just make your normal swing.Simple but works for me.Also...when you do go back to squaring up your address positon make a note of focusing on folding your right elbow & tucking it in tight to your right side.

Its a solid swing & contact sounds great :)

virge666
29th May 2011, 08:25 PM
Lads

Pull hook woods and pull irons

Have a look at your swing front on.... I bet you London to a brick your upper body is going backwards on the down swing

Club head goes out, body goes backwards. Classic OTT and classic scenario for your ball flight

Shadesy
30th May 2011, 02:57 PM
Lads

Pull hook woods and pull irons

Have a look at your swing front on.... I bet you London to a brick your upper body is going backwards on the down swing

Club head goes out, body goes backwards. Classic OTT and classic scenario for your ball flight

Tanks Virge, I will something is happening as I did it bad on Saturday.

When you say Backwards, do you mean Away from the target (which I assume you meant) or falling backwards??

virge666
30th May 2011, 05:14 PM
Tanks Virge, I will something is happening as I did it bad on Saturday.

When you say Backwards, do you mean Away from the target (which I assume you meant) or falling backwards??

It can be both or either in varying quantities...

Your hands are flipping way before impact if the ball is going left and lefter with the longer clubs... and the pull shot is a little more controlled.

Are you clubs over standard - this screams that they are or your not strong enough to control the weight of the club... lastly - you look like you balance is a bit too much on the balls of your feet for the entire swing... also a give away for a case of the lefts...

razaar
30th May 2011, 07:19 PM
I think the club-head is getting behind your hands very early in the backswing. This gets you all out of sorts and makes the backswing quite narrow and you just run out of space. My suggestion is to keep the club-head outside the hands at least until waist high and don't hurry. Make the backswing leasurely and the same for the transition to downswing. If you look at the last pic you will see that the shoulders have opened too early. The back needs to be 45* to the target at this stage of the downswing. At a guess I would say that your shoulder turn in the backswing is incomplete because you have run out of space. That's how it looks to me from the pics. Apart from that you have a good swing.

Shadesy
2nd June 2011, 01:58 PM
Ok thanks to Virge, David and Razzar, i worked on really getting through the ball.

The turning to early thing was an interesting point from Ray and I feel as though I now drive my left shoulder towards the target (which keeps my back at 45 degrees) at the top of my swing. If I get this right, bingo!!! I also extending the takeaway and keeping my hands in front for as long as I can... Increasing my shoulder turn and holding this as I start my downswing!

I will play around with this and post some more footage...

Shadesy
9th June 2011, 03:57 PM
Its Shank Time!!!

Never shank the ball, but shanked at least 8 on the range this week, trying to keep my shoulders from opening to early. Got some killer footage of it, but it is not for public consumption!

I have been practicing the drill but cannot translate it onto the range or course....

Shadesy
19th October 2011, 12:30 PM
Right its been a few months....I've worked on:

1. Dropping the Club back on plane. This has been a lot of hard work, and its still not 100%, but I feel that i "drop" the club on the down-swing now, before taking control as I start my Rotation...and I am STRIPING it Currently. Long Irons are flying long and straight consistently and I very very excited about this.

2. Set-up - I was changing my Hand position just before I swung, meaning plenty of snap hooks. I've set everything up very neutral (I will get some side on footage) and this has eliminated my really really bad shots. Also getting greater consistency of strike as I am sure I was playing with a closed face for years.

3. Body Rotation and "getting through the ball". This is something I have really got down the last few months. Leads to a few pulls with the shorter irons, which means I haven't completed point 1!

Here is some footage this morning...Striping it with a 6 iron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxjaopxF2w (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxjaopxF2w)

Shadesy
9th February 2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I89W5Pvj0U

This Was 7 (not 6) Iron this morning. I have worked really hard about dropping the club on the same plane and stopping my over the Top Move. Having analysed the Slow mo My Impact Position is Still slightly above my take away position, but the Angle of the the club is very much the same. Compare that with my Top swings where the Angle of the Club was very Vertical when I struck the ball. My pro showed me numbers about 12 months ago and the difference in Angle was something like 20 Degrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNLitaJrnZw

Driver has been Trouble for me. After some advice from Fit, I am working with my old Cleveland which is the same set up as my 3 wood which i hit most consistently. I have weakened my Grip as I had a strong Grip and Right Forearm was bent Causing pulls and hooks. Faldo Pre Set Drill has me taking away slight Higher and a Slight hip bump is the most crucial as if I stay behind the ball a massive pull or Block Happens.

I smoked this one, With a nice gentle Draw.

Sorry about the Camera Work. I also need to find somewhere to get it Side on as I think this will tell more about my movement through the ball.

tommyg
10th February 2012, 12:33 AM
Shadesy i read a book by a guy called gerry hogan (i later found out that he invented the nunchuk) and he very simply explained to me how to "drop into the slot". You and i come from cricket and hockey where your arms and wrists provide some if not most power... when i can totally relax my arms and hands in the transition and let them drop (into the slot) before keeping them relaxed and just use shoulder turn to power the club head through flail arms i get the best results. As youve held a cricket bat all your life try it... and get hold of: the "gerry hogan manual of human performance: golf" if you can find a copy. At a glance it looks to me that your right hand is in too powerful a grip... roll it over a little so you can see your first knuckle and relax your hands. Im no expert but its helped turn my hockey swing to less of a hockey swing...

Johnny Canuck
10th February 2012, 12:35 AM
I miss the 6 iron from the first vid in the thread.

simmsy
10th February 2012, 10:36 AM
I know nothing about the golf swing but to me ur driver swing looks like ur standing a bloody long way from the ball. Your arms look completely outstretched.

Just something to screw with ya 'ed.

Daves
10th February 2012, 10:49 AM
Shadesy i read a book by a guy called gerry hogan (i later found out that he invented the nunchuk) and he very simply explained to me how to "drop into the slot". You and i come from cricket and hockey where your arms and wrists provide some if not most power... when i can totally relax my arms and hands in the transition and let them drop (into the slot) before keeping them relaxed and just use shoulder turn to power the club head through flail arms i get the best results. As youve held a cricket bat all your life try it... and get hold of: the "gerry hogan manual of human performance: golf" if you can find a copy. At a glance it looks to me that your right hand is in too powerful a grip... roll it over a little so you can see your first knuckle and relax your hands. Im no expert but its helped turn my hockey swing to less of a hockey swing...

Getting that right elbow in on the chest on the downswing will help that I reckon. This will help get the body rotating rather then arm swinging through impact. A bit hard to tell without slow mo but the back swing to the top looks OK, perhaps a touch flat at the top, but you seem to throw it away on the downswing and the right arm is flying. Have a look at the Elk videos with Trent Differ on SITD.

Agree also re you seem to be standing too far away with the Driver and stretching the arms to reach. This is flattening out the swing (see where the driver shaft is at the top compared to your iron swing) and will feed the hook tendency. Arms should generally be hanging pretty much straight down from the shoulders.

Shadesy
10th February 2012, 11:59 AM
Getting that right elbow in on the chest on the downswing will help that I reckon. This will help get the body rotating rather then arm swinging through impact. A bit hard to tell without slow mo but the back swing to the top looks OK, perhaps a touch flat at the top, but you seem to throw it away on the downswing and the right arm is flying. Have a look at the Elk videos with Trent Differ on SITD.

Thanks Daves...I am unsure what you mean by Right Elbow into the chest, I try and drop it towards the hip as I start to Stop OTT, I'll Look up those videos to gain a better understanding. Never Know what "flying" means in regards to elbows.

S when i can totally relax my arms and hands in the transition and let them drop (into the slot) before keeping them relaxed and just use shoulder turn to power the club head through flail arms i get the best results.

The Second Lot of Videos I have this down pat...Its like i let go of the club before allowing my turn to Get it back. I know the feeling well, but I can't replicate it on the course with any consistency. I was flushing everything on the range and had 20 points around Hartfield (Simmsy knows) as I was not finishing my backswing before trying to transition, and it all went pear shaped. I'll look into incorporating it again now I have a solid foundation.

I miss the 6 iron from the first vid in the thread.

It Misses you too, but its back in its natural Habitat now...sometimes we have to let things go that are precious to us all.

I know nothing about the golf swing but to me ur driver swing looks like ur standing a bloody long way from the ball. Your arms look completely outstretched.

Just something to screw with ya 'ed.

Cheers, Can't get to 30 points, feel good about my game and now I will have to incorporate this on the fly tomorrow :smt021

In all seriousness though, Is the 7 iron ok? it seems like the Lines I make look quite Good.

simmsy
10th February 2012, 12:55 PM
have a look where your arms are hanging on the 7i (almost at 6oclock and directly below your eyes) with your driver they are more like 4oclock and way out in front of your head.

changing that is gonna feel friggin weird though. i know!

tommyg
10th February 2012, 01:09 PM
Golfnut get in there quick with the matchplay before he sorts this out....

simmsy
10th February 2012, 01:10 PM
yeah golfnut is now a firm favourite. odds on i'd say.

Shadesy
10th February 2012, 01:18 PM

I Think I Found what you mean By Flying...Should my Right Elbow Be Closer to my Body at Impact??? I had a look at someone like Mcilroy, I have some work to do....

Is Part 14 of the Elk and Dilfer the one I am looking at. Interesting to see the grip affects the Elbow, I have been doing exactly what ELK said not to Do at set-up

have a look where your arms are hanging on the 7i (almost at 6oclock and directly below your eyes) with your driver they are more like 4oclock and way out in front of your head.

You are Right (and Daves). I thought the 7 iron looked right, I was just comparing.

Excellent KB Classic next week :evil:

Shadesy
10th February 2012, 01:23 PM

Agree also re you seem to be standing too far away with the Driver and stretching the arms to reach. This is flattening out the swing (see where the driver shaft is at the top compared to your iron swing) and will feed the hook tendency. Arms should generally be hanging pretty much straight down from the shoulders.

yeah golfnut is now a firm favourite. odds on i'd say.

I did flush them on the Video though???

simmsy
10th February 2012, 01:38 PM
anyone can flush shots when it means nothing. it's flushing a shot on a tight driving hole coming down the stretch when you know a par will give you 40pts when you know you're swing is going ok. Ever noticed when you put a drive in the cack and you play a provisional your prov fwy's % is quiet high compared to normal %fwy. it's cause you just swing at the *****a!

Shadesy
10th February 2012, 01:47 PM
40 points...Whats that. I needed a par on 9 last week for 30 points....Talk about the pressure, I made it though with a testing little 4 footer down hill.

Looking at the pics above, I have a few things to work on though!

rubin
10th February 2012, 02:09 PM
40 points...Whats that. I needed a par on 9 last week for 30 points....Talk about the pressure, I made it though with a testing little 4 footer down hill.

Looking at the pics above, I have a few things to work on though!

so your all set and primed going into the classic then mate....

I look forward to being in the first group off with you on sunday then! ;)

Shadesy
10th February 2012, 02:44 PM
I shot 101 (when I was in some Form) last year on the Saturday...teed off around 8.30am on the Sunday. Might give that a shake this year.

simmsy
10th February 2012, 02:47 PM
you'll see the ton come up well before you get to the 18th fwend.;)

rubin
10th February 2012, 03:02 PM
I shot 101 (when I was in some Form) last year on the Saturday...teed off around 8.30am on the Sunday. Might give that a shake this year.

well that gives me some level of confidence - as long as i'm not in the first group of the day on sunday i'll be happy.

FWIW - I thought your 7iron looks alright - but your 6i was better ;)

Yossarian
11th February 2012, 01:47 PM
I've been standing further away from the ball and it has helped my ball striking.

My name is Yossarian and this was my story.

Daves
11th February 2012, 03:04 PM
I Think I Found what you mean By Flying...Should my Right Elbow Be Closer to my Body at Impact??? I had a look at someone like Mcilroy, I have some work to do....

Is Part 14 of the Elk and Dilfer the one I am looking at. Interesting to see the grip affects the Elbow, I have been doing exactly what ELK said not to Do at set-up

You are Right (and Daves). I thought the 7 iron looked right, I was just comparing.

Excellent KB Classic next week :evil:

Have a look at all the top swings on Swingplex and see where their trailing elbow is at the top and then on the down swing;

http://www.pgatour.com/video/r/features/swingplex/2010/08/18/swingplex_woods_back.pgatour/index.html

In pretty much all the Trent Dilfer vid segments Elk shows how the Elbow gets pulled into the chest. He also covers it in the Sequencing vids (with female Dirter).

Daves
12th February 2012, 11:01 PM
Should have added a drill to help;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_p737_A_o

Shadesy
12th February 2012, 11:21 PM
Should have added a drill to help;

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_p737_A_o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_p737_A_o)

This drill has almost changed my life!

simmsy
13th February 2012, 12:34 AM
yep it's worked wonders for my contact with the ball.

Daves
13th February 2012, 08:45 AM
Here is another Leadbetter drill that I find very helpful and often use why waiting on the tee;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc1kt6MASDY

Shadesy
13th February 2012, 01:24 PM
Daves thanks so much for all this information...

I'm am kind of invigorated about my golf again.

Shadesy
24th February 2012, 03:38 PM
Went and saw someone this morning... He was really pleased how well i hit the ball. Narrowed my stance (as it was a wide cricketers stance), Weakened my Top hand quite a bit and just altered my ball position slightly.

The narrow stance allowed me too make a greater turn, stopping the club getting caught behind me. This stopped the fat irons, and the straight pull i sometimes get allowing the club to follow the natural path.

The Weaken of the grip was a tough one, but a change I need to make. Was middling heaps of balls, just had a little right fade on them, but that miss is better than left. It will just take some range time to get the club face square again, but really happy with my Ball striking.

I have never noticed "compression" before but some shots today, I certainly got the meaning know. Awesome feeling.

The Range at Melville Glades is probably the best i have been too as well.

rubin
24th February 2012, 03:45 PM
who did u see mate?

Shadesy
24th February 2012, 04:15 PM
Vernon... I only met himj today, but knew of him as a friend of a Friend (my Wife's Work Friend sister is his Girlfriend)... 6 degrees and all that.

I found him really personable, asked me what I wanted out of my golf, how much i practice, if I have been fitted, what handicap I want to be. He asked me if I saw myself as a 4 or 5:shock:...I said no I want to get to 9 first, and he believes I could go lower.

I have booked him again in 2 weeks for Short game stuff....

Yossarian
24th February 2012, 04:42 PM
How much was it?

Shadesy
24th February 2012, 05:15 PM
$45 for Half hour....I booked at 7.30am but finished about 8.15 to be honest... Once he changed my grip and and stance, there wasn't a lot more he could do, so we chatted about golf in general, I went to a lower club and then the Driver and 3 Wood just adjusting Ball position and just confirming a few things.

simmsy
24th February 2012, 05:36 PM
Was that extra 15 mins spent you telling Vern how great your ass is?

"go on take a good look, it's friggin awesome!"

"u wanna grab it don't u Vern? Go on then!"

Shadesy
24th February 2012, 06:15 PM
I did have my work trousers on Today, and and Yoss can Attest... They are pretty sweet looking!

Golfnut
24th February 2012, 11:16 PM
PM me his number if you don't mind Shadesy.....I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump atm, can't get a hold of Glen Carbon unfortunately but this guy sounds very similar in his style.

Golfnut
24th February 2012, 11:19 PM
....And for the record, I think you could be a single figure capper mate......you're putting in the hard yards and have natural talent.

.....oh, and dat ass.

Yossarian
24th February 2012, 11:32 PM
Could I also attain his number.

Shadesy
24th February 2012, 11:34 PM
I'll just check, happy to give out his number too all but just want to check the number I have is his work or personal number!

Vernon at Melville glades is also on the website as well!

TourFit
27th February 2012, 12:52 PM
....And for the record, I think you could be a single figure capper mate......you're putting in the hard yards and have natural talent.

that's what stopping him becoming single figures...putting is supposed to be in feet!

Shadesy
27th February 2012, 03:29 PM
Had a booking with the Callaway Fitting Guys today.

I went straight to the X-Forged club, and since my new clubs have Project x 6.0 Flighted (Which I had never hit before), I tried these out first and foremost. Hit 5 Absolute Beauties on the Spot and the guy goes:

"With the numbers your putting up, it may be the easiest fitting ever"... For Comparison I hit a Razr Tour with S300's and although heavier was not getting the numbers I was with the Project X. Super Excited that the new crubs have these Shafts, and knowing that they felt lighter than the S300's and had some awesome awesome ball flight.

Here were the Numbers:

Callaway RAZR X Forged 6 Iron - Project x 6.0 Flighted

Clubhead Speed: 88.10 mph
Ball Speed: 121.30 mph
Launch Angle: 15 (between 14.5 and 15)
Back Spin: 5562 (this was averaged as it was about 6100 with range balls)

Never been tested for Length and Lie. Standard lie was perfect, maybe perhaps needed 1/4 inch shorter, but choking down didn't give the same feeling.

Driver was a bit different, hit some with my Standard Cleveland Launcher 10.5 and confirmed was getting to much Spin.

tried the RAZR FIT, sits nice with a very traditional Head. Went with a few shaft Options, but the Diamana Ilima 70 seemed to give the best Results, mainly over the Adilia NVS 65 (I think). The main difference was the Adilia felt a bit more Whippy (what I was used to), as it had a softer Middle and the Diamana had a slightly stiffer tip...Tell me if that is wrong.

Numbers:

Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5 - Mitsubishi Diamana 'ilima 70 Stiff @ 45"

Clubhead Speed: 106.10 mph
Ball Speed: 153.30 mph
Launch Angle: 11.8
Back Spin: 2691 (again about 10% taken off for Range Balls.)

So it looks like cashing in my 10.5 Drivers and looking for a 9.5 combo with a similar shaft to the Diamana if I can't get one.

The Pro wanted me to hit a 4 wood for some giggles and hit about 5 bullets with it, great looking club. That had a Fubuki Alpha 60S in it, so I am thinking that may work also with the Driver.

So exciting to finally know what I should be looking for and that I am striking the ball so confidently again.

simmsy
27th February 2012, 03:40 PM
Where's u go for that slim?

Shadesy
27th February 2012, 03:45 PM
Secret Harbour...They have been doing tours around WA Golf Courses (On Course Golf Shops by the looks of it.)

I think they were at Carramar and Wanneroo Tomorrow, but you need to make a booking and its free. The Pro Shop gives you a print out of the stuff at the end and the costs for the Callaway gear (not bad Prices either) hoping you buy from them.

Yossarian
27th February 2012, 04:16 PM
Good stuff shadesy, this will get you on the ho train.

TourFit
27th February 2012, 04:21 PM
Great work Shadesy...

...just to let you know that the Fubuki Alpha has a stiffer tip section that the Diamana 'ilima (which is the tip soft Diamana Red profile). So if you try the Fubuki Alpha in a driver stay at 10-10.5* to start with. If you then go to a softer tip / higher launch shaft then bring the head loft down a bit. Also look to try the std Fubuki Tour...

Shadesy
27th February 2012, 04:40 PM
Great work Shadesy...

...just to let you know that the Fubuki Alpha has a stiffer tip section that the Diamana 'ilima (which is the tip soft Diamana Red profile). So if you try the Fubuki Alpha in a driver stay at 10-10.5* to start with. If you then go to a softer tip / higher launch shaft then bring the head loft down a bit. Also look to try the std Fubuki Tour...

Thanks Fit...

Are you saying with the Fubuki Alpha, its a lower spinning Shaft, so keep the higher spinning Head? I think I am starting to get this.

Good stuff shadesy, this will get you on the ho train.

Yes not good...But at least I have a basis Point for my comparisons. Once I set a bag I don't change it too much, and If I can get a good combo, now that I know what I am looking at, I stick to it.

Although the Callaway fitting works, I have never been a fan of their Gear, but I liked most of what they had to offer, and changed my views.

Shadesy
27th February 2012, 05:11 PM
What you got Lying Around Fit?

TourFit
27th February 2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks Fit...

Are you saying with the Fubuki Alpha, its a lower spinning Shaft, so keep the higher spinning Head? I think I am starting to get this.

The shafts you hit in the driver...the 'Ilima and the NVS, are both tip soft (active), higher launch, higher spinning shafts. That is why the 9.5* head gave you better numbers. A 10.5* would probably lose some "efficiency" in both launch and spin numbers.

You hit the Fubuki Alpha 60 S in a 3W...that doesn't necessarily mean it will automatically work in a 9.5* driver, as the shaft is COMPLETELY different in profile & feel than the 'Ilima and NVS.

The only way to 'know' would be try the Fubuki Alpha in a driver, stay with more loft to begin with and then step down into lower loft depending on launch angle, ballflight, spin rate etc.

(For example...with your same Cleveland driver head you could go Fubuki Alpha 60 S in it and it would bring the numbers down because the shaft you have is too spinny and soft FOR THAT HEAD. Then, if after that is successful, you could look at the slightly heavier Fubuki Alpha 70 for the FW. You know that the Alpha 60 works quite well in the FW that you hit, so extrapolate that a slightly heavier version should be OK in the same flex too. You could also stay with the 60g version if you prefer.)

You tested the driver, which was a DIFFERENT head than you have...and the shaft was different too. So what brought the numbers down to a better result. ANSWER: YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW! It was a completely different club. A "start again" option.

The numbers worked with a 9.5* Razr/'Ilima shaft...so to change to a Fubuki Alpha 60 S in the Razr would require a re-fit to see if the numbers match. My guess would be that you'd need a slightly higher loft to compensate for the lower launch/ lower spin of the Fubuki shaft. Likewise, if you put the 'Ilima into a 4W, you 'may' have found it too spinny, and then to compensate you may need a 15* 3W head instead.

Shadesy
27th February 2012, 06:15 PM
FMD!

After Reading it 4 times I think I am on the right Track.....

I have a bid on a High Launching Shaft, which I may have to get a 9,5 Head for.

I will look for a low Spin Shaft and put that in my R9 and see the results...The hardest thing is getting someone who can give you reliable numbers.

rubin
27th February 2012, 06:32 PM
I completely forgot mate - you still want to try the chuk in the R9 head?

won't get much more low spin than that.

Johnny Canuck
27th February 2012, 06:38 PM
V2 high launch, xflex, plays soft to flex?

Shadesy
27th February 2012, 06:40 PM
I completely forgot mate - you still want to try the chuk in the R9 head?

won't get much more low spin than that.

hmmmm I don't really know... I suppose it can't hurt to test the theory!

rubin
27th February 2012, 06:46 PM
not a worry mate. any time between now and thursday, and then you've got it for about 3 weeks before I may need it again.

simmsy
28th February 2012, 10:35 AM
Try that V2hl slim. It could be a good option without costing u much.

Maybe even just give ur wife up for the night.

Johnny Canuck
28th February 2012, 10:51 AM
Mate, I don't have to give to get someone's wife. This isn't Indecent Proposal.

I think the V2HL could be a solid option for the boy if he wants something solid, that launches high, without a lot of spin.

TourFit
28th February 2012, 10:54 AM
Shades, maybe we could meet up somewhere at a range (even Mt Lawley, which is grass!) and you could test a number of shafts for feel/flight etc. Just to get an idea of what you want.

I have plenty of options... no really, I do!

We're actually pretty similar in our swing speed, distance etc, so what I've got may be right up your alley. (And NO! I don't want to see your alley)

Shadesy
28th February 2012, 12:09 PM
Where do I acquire one of these V2Hl Shafts...Ebay?

I'll take you up on that offer Fit....

I also have my eye on an Axivcore Blue 69S, which is High Launch. Just need a Head to put it in. Cleveland TL310 is an option, maybe R11.

Pieface
28th February 2012, 12:56 PM
Keeping in mind that I have NFI isn't your launch angle a bit low on the "good fit" callaway driver you put numbers up for Shadesy? I thought it was supposed to be 14-16*? Or is that just for grandma swingers like me?

Shadesy
28th February 2012, 12:59 PM
Pie...I was thinking that too, i have also read that 14 is optimal...Certainly didn't seem to lose to much height to my eye, was Penetrating if that is a good thing.

Johnny Canuck
28th February 2012, 01:21 PM
I might have a v2hl, or two.

MegaWatty
28th February 2012, 10:32 PM
Is optimal launch angle not relevant to swing speed?

Iain
28th February 2012, 10:36 PM
Is optimal launch angle not relevant to swing speed? Yep, I would've thought that 14 is about right for 106. I don't think 12 is terrible though.

Shadesy
29th February 2012, 04:47 PM
Question...

I have just realised my new irons are Non-Flighted PX 6.0. The numbers I put up the other day was with a Flighted 6.0. When I asked the Guy, he said there would be minimal difference in the numbers, but your long irons will just launch a little higher.

Is this true or will I see a bit of difference between the Flighted and Non-flighter Varieties?

Johnny Canuck
29th February 2012, 04:54 PM
I can tell the difference between the two. The flighted definitely have a higher launch.

Shadesy
29th February 2012, 05:06 PM
I can tell the difference between the two. The flighted definitely have a higher launch.

Hmmmm...

Reading up on it, the flex and weight differences are minimal which was my main concern, the high launch is something that appeals to me, but I'll check them out first as I think they launch higher than my dgs300 anyway!

simmsy
1st March 2012, 10:25 AM
I doubt you'll have any problems with them big guy.

Shadesy
1st March 2012, 12:00 PM
No Problem launching them at all, surprised how much higher I hit it (grip change may of helped too.)

Concerned about the lie angles though.

simmsy
1st March 2012, 12:24 PM
They looked very upright to me!!

Hey Virge how upright were they set too??

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2012, 12:34 PM
Another visit to Fitty.

Shadesy
1st March 2012, 01:28 PM
Looks Like it...

TourFit
1st March 2012, 02:55 PM
Please ensure the manzilian is up to date...

Shadesy
29th June 2012, 10:26 AM
Question...

I am hitting the ball much more consistently now. Weakened my grip (top hand) and Narrowed my stance.

Just playing around recently and notice my Left wrist is Cupped at the top. This means my Right Arm is pretty much straight up and down (i.e No wrist Flex).

Not taken it to the range yet, but in the home, playing with a flat left wrist (at the top), seems to keep it on plane better and have greater lag through the swing.

Is there are right or wrong way to have your wrist at the top? I might play around with it.

simmsy
29th June 2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah good idea mate. On the verge of cracking single figures and in your words hitting it as consistently as ever and now u want to make changes to your swing.

Good work.

Shadesy
29th June 2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah good idea mate. On the verge of cracking single figures and in your words hitting it as consistently as ever and now u want to make changes to your swing.

Good work.

Yeah but I want to get lower. I don't miss bad much which keeps my scores low, but I don't hit it close very often.

I have been trying to get more angle (lag) in my swing, and practice a lot hitting just with one hand.

It's a small Adjustment IMO but I want to know the pros/cons about a cupped wrist or a flat wrist.

matty
29th June 2012, 01:00 PM
The old left wrist dilemma. You open a big can of worms there trying to determine what is best.

rubin
29th June 2012, 01:09 PM
Shades - ive got some pics at home of Webb Simpson on the range at the pres. cup. I'll post them up for you to check out, but he has the whole cupped left wrist going in those, and an insanely late release too. Might be helpful for you to have a look at.

Shadesy
29th June 2012, 02:12 PM
Shades - ive got some pics at home of Webb Simpson on the range at the pres. cup. I'll post them up for you to check out, but he has the whole cupped left wrist going in those, and an insanely late release too. Might be helpful for you to have a look at.

Cheers, I've read Webb Simpson is the Poster Boy for the cupped wrist (not discounting Hogan.)

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2012, 02:17 PM
Your missus is also good with a cupped wrist.

Yossarian
29th June 2012, 02:34 PM
I agree, mess around with the swing that shot 76 at KB.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2012, 02:35 PM
Take all of rubes advice. He used to play off 6.

Shadesy
29th June 2012, 02:38 PM
Your missus is also good with a cupped wrist.

I value your contribution.

rubin
29th June 2012, 02:42 PM
Take all of rubes advice. He used to play off 6.

i dont recall offering any advice to the Assman - all i offered was to post up a few pics of Webb Simpson from the pres. cup.

IMO - shades doesn't need any advice, he was hitting em pretty well on the weekend.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2012, 02:43 PM
Give him some putting advice if I ever have to play him in the matchplay.

simmsy
29th June 2012, 04:57 PM
rubes can go through the finer points of the helicopter, he was taught well by the legend formerly known as TourFit.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2012, 05:07 PM
rubes can go through the finer points of the helicopter, he was taught well by the legend formerly known as TourFit. What is he now known as?

simmsy
29th June 2012, 05:26 PM
Don't know! No one has seen him around these parts since the great cheatsgate fiasco.

rubin
29th June 2012, 05:27 PM
rubes can go through the finer points of the helicopter, he was taught well by the legend formerly known as TourFit.

scotty took flight on the weekend. it was being a right bastard.

came back down to earth with a thud.

What is he now known as?

TCMFKATF.

Johnny Canuck
29th June 2012, 06:00 PM
That could be fun after a few coldies.

idgolfguy
29th June 2012, 07:25 PM
FLW is only important at impact.
Cupped or FLW at the top will depend on how you got there and few other bits that go together depending on which set position you take at the top.