PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going back to the darkside.

gazgolf1
6th June 2004, 08:37 AM
Yep,Callaway :o

Being that ironplay is not the strongest part of my game and I seem to hit a lot of thin shots lately I'm thinking of selling my MP33's and running back to the ghost of Ely and saying "help me Mr Callaway,I've fallen and I can't find my X-16 Pro series". :wink:

After demoing a 1/2 longer than standard TA-2 6 iron (and striping it)I've got it in my head that my MP-33's are too short and if I don't get some new longer shafted irons I'll be hitting it off the bottom groove for the rest of my life.AAAAHHHHHH :oops:

Now I know there will be those of you that will say "go get a lesson you chopper" or "just get your Mizunos extended idiot",well to you I say piss off. =; ,speak to the hand.

As I say to the old dudes at Oxley "your hobby is planting Geraniums,mine is buying Golf clubs for no apparent reason"

So in summary I will probably be buying some Callaway shovels in the next coupla weeks,thanks for your attention.

BrisVegas
6th June 2004, 08:48 AM
Yep,Callaway :o

Being that ironplay is not the strongest part of my game and I seem to hit a lot of thin shots lately I'm thinking of selling my MP33's and running back to the ghost of Ely and saying "help me Mr Callaway,I've fallen and I can't find my X-16 Pro series". :wink:

After demoing a 1/2 longer than standard TA-2 6 iron (and striping it)I've got it in my head that my MP-33's are too short and if I don't get some new longer shafted irons I'll be hitting it off the bottom groove for the rest of my life.AAAAHHHHHH :oops:

Now I know there will be those of you that will say "go get a lesson you chopper" or "just get your Mizunos extended idiot",well to you I say p%ss off. =; ,speak to the hand.

As I say to the old dudes at Oxley "your hobby is planting Geraniums,mine is buying Golf clubs for no apparent reason"

So in summary I will probably be buying some Callaway shovels in the next coupla weeks,thanks for your attention.

Oh dear! I never would have thought you'd ditch those sweet Mizzie irons... :shock: I've played Callaway X-12 irons before. Had them for 18 months (mine were + 1/2 inch). They are soooo easy to hit, especially the long irons. I was hitting 5 iron 200 yards (182m) pretty easy with those things. I switched to TA3 after that and lost 15 yards straight away, but fell in love with the heavier & softer feel. I think I just swung the Callaway irons too hard, because of how light they were.

I think the perfect set would have a couple of Callaway long irons in there though.... Ya can't miss with them. Ya can't hook it or slice it either, but that's about the only downside..... I sold mine to a guy who was a good 4-5 inches shorter than you Gaz, and he loved them! God knows what the lie angle was like for him though :wink: :D

Jarro
6th June 2004, 11:12 AM
say it ain't so Gaz :shock:

i don't know how bad you've been hitting them lately, but you must be playing to my ability to want to go to the shovels :?

hopefully you'll find some form and forget all about this silly idea :P

i think you just need a change of golf club .... not clubs [-X

McMw
6th June 2004, 11:20 AM
hey hey hey...

nothing wrong with callaways...esp the Pro Series...
Very Nice Looking...

And I don't think there's anything wrong with hitting the ball high and straight...

Shaping the ball is over-rated... :wink:

markTHEblake
6th June 2004, 12:42 PM
nothing wrong with callaways...esp the Pro Series...

except that their tolerances are crap, their shafts are crap. IMHO might as well go to the local bargain barrel and go lucky dip for a set of clubs.

For the cost of around $800 one can get an amazing set of irons, perfectly matched and specified that look as good and play much better than any brand name.

Jarro
6th June 2004, 01:09 PM
For the cost of around $800 one can get an amazing set of irons, perfectly matched and specified that look as good and play much better than any brand name.

and these clubs would be :?: :?

markTHEblake
6th June 2004, 01:48 PM

anything. I am sure you already know its the shafts that make the difference not the heads. And if one wants Callaway heads there are plenty of lookalikes that will play exactly the same.

goughy
6th June 2004, 02:29 PM

anything. I am sure you already know its the shafts that make the difference not the heads. And if one wants Callaway heads there are plenty of lookalikes that will play exactly the same.

But we're talking about gaz here. Black belt in ho.

gazgolf1
6th June 2004, 02:48 PM

But we're talking about gaz here. Black belt in ho.

I may surprise you guys and get some Raven heads,not exactly OEM. :wink:

nick
6th June 2004, 03:53 PM
Please don't go to Callaway, PLEASE!

Nick

nudgee
6th June 2004, 05:26 PM
Gaz,

Dont listen to them - I am eagerly awaiting my pro friend getting a set of Callys X-18s so that he will give me his Cally Tour X-16 proseries with project x (for a small fee of course). I played Callaway for 3 years and I played a set of X-16 proseries for 4 months before I converted to golf ho-ing and bought my first non-callaway set!!!

How about in the interim you spend little $$$ and get the mizunos extended and see what effect that has.

Although if you are ho-ing and are using this as an excuse then I of all people understand you. Go ahead and ho my man!!!!

Even with my recent bad experience :evil: I will always continue to ho until I can afford it no longer!!! :wink:

Hmmm I have three packages arriving this week :D and just bought 3 shafts from BSG. Jarro I have a purple ice shaft coming that I will not be using (part of a package deal) - good price for you!!!

nick
6th June 2004, 05:28 PM
Nudgee, are you the same Nudgee that got a bad deal with toutunedgolf?

Nick

goughy
6th June 2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah nudgee. Enquiring minds want to know? Is there someone we should be staying clear of? I've been reading of one on bsg lately.

Jarro
6th June 2004, 06:04 PM
Jarro I have a purple ice shaft coming that I will not be using (part of a package deal) - good price for you!!!

:-k

nudgee
6th June 2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah guys - thats me nudgeegolf on TSG and whyme on BSG - my advice stay well clear of tourtunedgolf!!

Luckily and thanks to some cool tourspecgolf.com members, it looks like I will be getting all my money back from these pricks at tourtunedgolf.com

Anyway it will take more than this little set back to stop me from ho-ing :wink:

goughy
6th June 2004, 10:40 PM
Sorry nudgee, I didn't mean anything happened to you on bsg, just that someone seemed to be scamming over there as well.

I hope it works out well for ya.

nudgee
7th June 2004, 06:24 AM
No problems dude, apparently some guy on BSG has scammed 5 or 6 members out of $1500plus USD for R7 Tours - luckily my source of R7 is through a friend in Europe and I wasnt one of them!

I am having problems with Tourtunedgolf but it looks like all will be resolved this week.

Jamie

goughy
7th June 2004, 06:40 AM
I've just been reading all about it mate. It seems that some people have been giving him the benefit of the doubt, and he's having hard times and give him a break. I know what hard times in business are like, and it's the one time you need to keep in contact with people rather than fob them off. If I owe a supplier money that is overdue I call them before they start calling me. Only way to do business.

I do hope he comes through for you. His statement that it was a personal transaction before his business is up is rubbish. He is the business, and his personal stuff will affect his business, as much as he may say it is a seperate issue.

Good luck with it nudgee.

nick
7th June 2004, 05:45 PM
Yeh, that guy who sais he has R7's is ripping people off on bsg and tst. Sorry about tourtunedgolf man.

Nick

Jarro
7th June 2004, 06:01 PM
sorry guys but i'm not up to speed with this :oops:

can someone fill me in with the basic details please 8)

nick
7th June 2004, 06:13 PM
Here are the threads at both TSG and BSG:

http://69.56.133.122/invboard_release/upload/index.php?showtopic=43106

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/magazine/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6482

Nick

Jarro
7th June 2004, 06:18 PM
cheers Nick :smt023

gazgolf1
10th June 2004, 08:53 AM
Just an update on my irons, :?
I've decided that my Mp33's are the finest forged blades in the known universe and will be kept in the Hogan bag.
I hit a bucket at Palm Meadows and demoed a Cally X16 Pro 6 iron and was pretty unimpressed,lack of feel, same distance as mine and chunky as a Jenny Craig dropout.
I'd forgotten how chunky these were. :-&

Just a side note,I have'nt been to Palmy for years and noticed Wayne Grady owns the Pro shop on the range,had a chat for a couple of minutes.
Nice guy,saw him drive in in a cool lookin Statesman.

nick
10th June 2004, 09:16 AM
I've decided that my Mp33's are the finest forged blades in the known universe and will be kept in the Hogan bag.
I hit a bucket at Palm Meadows and demoed a Cally X16 Pro 6 iron and was pretty unimpressed,lack of feel, same distance as mine and chunky as a Jenny Craig dropout.

You champion, staying with some good clubs.

Nick

Iain
10th June 2004, 11:43 AM
I'd forgotten how chunky these were. :-&

Just a side note,I have'nt been to Palmy for years and noticed Wayne Grady owns the Pro shop on the range,had a chat for a couple of minutes.
Nice guy,saw him drive in in a cool lookin Statesman.

Good to hear Gaz! :lol: