PDA

View Full Version : Unit v The Spanaird

Iain
22nd May 2011, 03:25 PM
Played today at Nudgee South. I won 2&1. It was a good close match, I was never down in the match but also never led by more than 2.

Rundown of holes won was -II---JJ- I---I-JI

I started strongly, halved the first in pars, then went par, birdie to go 2up, halved the next 3 holes with par, bogie then doubles, the 7th was lucky for me as I chopped it up to get on the green in 5, Jamie had wedge in hand for his 3rd but then got plugged in the bunker and struggled to a 7, I actually had a good putt for the win but pulled it to halve the hole. Jamie then won the next 2 when I 3 putted. Halved the 9th with pars to finish the front AS.

I won 10 after Jamie hit a wild drive and had to pitch out before getting on the green. Halved 11 with pars, halved 12 with bogies after I sunk a 12 footer and Jamie didn't get up and down from the front. Halved 13 with pars, I won 14 after jamie pushed his approach and his putt for par sat on the front edge. Halved 15 after I 3 putted again and Jamie got out of jail after being in a green side bunker then over the green but then getting up and down.

Jamie hit a good shot on 16 to make bird with me 3 putting again to get it back to 1 up with 2 to play. We both went right off the tee on 17, I layed up to 150m, Jamie tried to hit 3wood, but got it fat and ran it up to just short of the creek but near a tree. I hit to just short of green then almost chipped in for a tap in 5. Jamie pushed his approach into trees then had to hit out through green and two putted for a six.

Thanks again for the game Jamie.

Ned
22nd May 2011, 03:28 PM
Anyone got a spare TVD wedge for the Poo Master ?

Well played Iain!

Eag's
22nd May 2011, 03:53 PM
Nice win Iain, bad luck Jamie.