PDA

View Full Version : Sheldon77 V Dcanto

Sheldon77
17th May 2011, 02:31 PM
Might be time for us to get going on our side of the draw Dcanto.
I await your initial bids on dates, times and locations.

Gordonvale GC - 03/07/11

haysey 77 nett 67
Dcanto 82 nett 69
Sheldon77 83 nett 69
Solarman 89 nett 70
Cookie 89 nett 72
Courty DNP

haysey
18th May 2011, 06:13 AM
I'm tipping this thread to get half the page views of the other one.

Dcanto
18th May 2011, 06:28 AM
I'm not fussy. I assume Cairns and the Royal G are off the venue list given our respective memberships. Happy to hear what dates might suit you but early morning tee times are my preference.

How does Half Moon Bay or Mareeba sound as a venue? The thought did cross my mind that we should hook-up with mike and NK but then visions of you and I acting like security on the Jerry Springer show flashed through my head.

Tomson
18th May 2011, 09:45 AM
Dcanto, whatch your ball carefully when sheldon is around otherwise it might get a golden shower :)

Dcanto
18th May 2011, 10:40 AM
Dcanto, whatch your ball carefully when sheldon is around otherwise it might get a golden shower :)

I'll bring a can of Glen20.

rowey
18th May 2011, 12:44 PM
Nice one Tomson.......

Tomson
18th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Nice one Tomson.......

I thought so to

Yossarian
18th May 2011, 02:33 PM
You guys do it kinky in FNQ.

Dcanto
18th May 2011, 03:08 PM
I thought so to

There's obviously a story I'm not aware of. I'll have to remember to ask you about it next time I see you.

Sheldon77
18th May 2011, 05:53 PM
Ffs, already!.!.!.! Dcanto, I'm actually ok with Cairns mate. I kicked Tomson in the rear late and I was holding back a bit. I thought it might be a handicapped round and I didn't want to come in too much. (Courty: ignore last sentence!). Early tee time is good for me; Sat or Sun only though.

Dcanto
19th May 2011, 07:52 AM
No worries Sheldon, I'm happy to play at Cairns.

I have a some family commitments on this week-end and the next. How would either Saturday the 4th of June or Sunday the 5th sound teeing off around 7:30am? I have noticed in the Cairns Golf Club newsletter that the 4th is the first round of the club championships but I assume that visitors would still be able to play.

Let me know what you think and we can go from there.

haysey
19th May 2011, 07:54 AM
Play it on the Saturday. Please.

Dcanto
19th May 2011, 08:42 AM
Play it on the Saturday. Please.

Why??

Sheldon77
21st May 2011, 09:29 AM
7:30 AM, Sat 4th or Sun 5th is fine with me mate. I'll leave you to work out why the Yellow Monster is keen for a Saturday game, but it seems pretty obvious that someone may have a leave pass from the Minister for War and Finance!

haysey
21st May 2011, 12:01 PM
I struggle to get leave passes for Sunday's. Given there's club champs and city of cairns coming up. I don't want to push my luck.

Sheldon to win 3 and 2....if he remembers his incontinence pants.

Dcanto
22nd May 2011, 09:29 PM
7:30 AM, Sat 4th or Sun 5th is fine with me mate. I'll leave you to work out why the Yellow Monster is keen for a Saturday game, but it seems pretty obvious that someone may have a leave pass from the Minister for War and Finance!

No worries - I'll make the booking for the 4th and let you know the time. Who wants to join us? Haysey do you want to be the videographer and entertain the OZGolf fraternity with your witty commentary (or do you just want to hang shite on solarman)?

Courty
23rd May 2011, 06:53 AM
Isn't that the first round of the Club Champs?

Dcanto
23rd May 2011, 07:40 AM
Isn't that the first round of the Club Champs?

Yeah - It's also meant to be the June monthly medal according to the calendar in the last newsletter.

What's up with the CGC website - you can't access the member login etc. anymore? :roll:

Courty
23rd May 2011, 07:41 AM
What's up with the CGC website - you can't access the member login etc. anymore? :roll:

Dunno, it's been like that for a few days now.

Sheldon77
25th May 2011, 05:35 PM
Dcanto, just replied to your PM, but it sounds like there might be other comps et al that you guys might want to play. If you want to postpone until a quieter weekend becomes available, I don't have any dramas with that.

Dcanto
27th May 2011, 05:46 AM
Dcanto, just replied to your PM, but it sounds like there might be other comps et al that you guys might want to play. If you want to postpone until a quieter weekend becomes available, I don't have any dramas with that.

Might have to do that, the timesheet for the 4th will not allow visitors. We can either switch to a Sunday or defer a couple of weeks until the champs are over. I'm happy to defer if that still suits you.

Sheldon77
28th May 2011, 05:53 AM
Yep, that sounds fine Dcanto. If you have your people call my people and we'll organize another time. Or, we can just see when our match would be convenient for Haysey and work around his schedule. :wink:

Sheldon77
15th June 2011, 06:02 PM
Hey Dcanto, just a quick update; I'll be playing Club Champs @ Royal G'vale for the next 2 weekends (4 rounds) so if you want to start thinking about a timeslot for one of us to have a crack at Ned, let me know. I'm thinking maybe Yorkeys.

haysey
15th June 2011, 06:58 PM
This match forfeited yet?

Dcanto
15th June 2011, 09:32 PM
Hey Dcanto, just a quick update; I'll be playing Club Champs @ Royal G'vale for the next 2 weekends (4 rounds) so if you want to start thinking about a timeslot for one of us to have a crack at Ned, let me know. I'm thinking maybe Yorkeys.

That sounds fine by me. I think HMB have their club champs on this week-end and the next so the first week-end in July would suit me if that works for you. Is Saturday still Ok for you?

Sheldon77
17th June 2011, 02:53 PM
2nd July (Sat) sounds fine. If you're trolling Haysey; what's the deal with Sat comp at HMB? Can we get on before / between the morning / afternoon field?

solarman
17th June 2011, 03:12 PM
FFS This is like a soap opera !!

Dcanto
17th June 2011, 04:42 PM
FFS This is like a soap opera !!

Like you can frickin talk. :roll:

haysey
17th June 2011, 04:53 PM
2nd July (Sat) sounds fine. If you're trolling Haysey; what's the deal with Sat comp at HMB? Can we get on before / between the morning / afternoon field?

You won't get on between the comp. But there's no reason why you can't play in it. I believe their club champs are this weekend and next weekend.

haysey
24th June 2011, 08:50 PM
There's a distinct lack of niggle in this thread. Let me help...

Courty sucks!

Edit: And HMB is a goat track.

Courty
24th June 2011, 08:53 PM
:roll:

haysey
24th June 2011, 08:54 PM
Mod!

haysey
24th June 2011, 08:54 PM
Dcanto can't count.

haysey
24th June 2011, 08:55 PM
Sheldon77 sniffs ammonia.

Dcanto
24th June 2011, 09:38 PM
Dcanto can't count.

Well Duh! That's why I became an accountant. One for you Two for me....

Dcanto
24th June 2011, 09:41 PM
Just waiting on Sheldon to get back to me to confirm that the 2nd is a goer and then it'll be on like Donkey Kong. Besides, should I make it through to the final I'm saving the best sledges for NK. Then again - even if don't make the final I think NK is still due for a good sledging.

Ned
24th June 2011, 10:20 PM
Besides, should I make it through to the final I'm saving the best sledges for NK. Then again - even if don't make the final I think NK is still due for a good sledging.

Take a number ............................. oh yeah you take make lots of numbers!:razz:

Dcanto
24th June 2011, 10:24 PM
Take a number ............................. oh yeah you take make lots of numbers!:razz:

Why do you think they call it "creative accounting" ???

BrettM
25th June 2011, 05:50 AM
There's a distinct lack of niggle in this thread. Let me help...

Courty sucks!

Edit: And HMB is a goat track.

Mod!

Dcanto can't count.

Sheldon77 sniffs ammonia.

Was the JW tasting good? :mrgreen:

Go Tomson!

Tomson
25th June 2011, 08:48 AM
Go brettm ;)

Dcanto
25th June 2011, 08:56 AM
Rang HMB and the earliest tee time is 9.24. Have booked two spots for sheldon and I. Sheldon let me know if this is no good for you.

Ned
25th June 2011, 09:45 AM
Why do you think they call it "creative accounting" ???

Is that similar to haysey and his creative quoting coincidently at lots of golf courses for about 18 holes four hours every time ???????

haysey
25th June 2011, 11:15 AM
Was the JW tasting good? :mrgreen:

It was. Stand by for more this evening.:razz:

Is that similar to haysey and his creative quoting coincidently at lots of golf courses for about 18 holes four hours every time ???????

Golf courses have glass you know...and I'm very thorough.

Dcanto
27th June 2011, 07:57 AM
Anyone heard from Sheldon ?

haysey
27th June 2011, 09:38 AM
I'd heard a report he was in at Golfworld looking to buy a new golf swing.

Hope that helps...

Dcanto
27th June 2011, 09:47 AM
I'd heard a report he was in at Golfworld looking to buy a new golf swing.
Hope that helps...

I was wondering if he might have met an untimely end at the G'vale club champs. :wink:

Sheldon77
28th June 2011, 05:22 PM
Oh, hello? Sorry; I've been away, I've been chasing down cheaper glass quotes! (That's not really going to fly is it? That would only take a single phone call!) Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons; Dcanto, would you be happy to play at Royal G'vale in my cart off scratch? If you're not, that's absolutely not a drama, I'm just 'really' short on coin, (mortgage, beer, puppies, other mortgage, beer). I'm off 14 and I think you're a bit less. This is not a beat up, just an option. If Mod God (Courty) has an issue, I'm more than happy to play at a neutral venue. Let me know. Again fellas, sorry about the recent absentia.

Sheldon77
28th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Haysey; I can't afford a new golf swing......... geez, I can't even afford the swing I've got at the moment! :cry:

Courty
28th June 2011, 05:25 PM
If Mod God (Courty) has an issue, I'm more than happy to play at a neutral venue.

Mod God... I like that. 8)

I have no issue if DCanto doesn't. As I've said before, as long as the competitors agree, I don't care how you determine the winner. I just want a result.

haysey
28th June 2011, 05:52 PM
Mod God... I like that. 8)

Careful, your narcissism is showing.

Sheldon, hows conditions at Royal G right now?

Dcanto
28th June 2011, 07:13 PM
No worries Sheldon - I'll be up for that.

Are we still looking at the 2nd of July and if so would it be possible to tee off early say around 7:30ish ?

EDIT: Why are sucking up to Courty??

BrettM
28th June 2011, 07:19 PM
EDIT: Why are sucking up to Courty??

I agree. Absolutely outrageous.

H - Royal G hasn't been good condition since 1995.

Ned
28th June 2011, 07:21 PM
I agree. Absolutely outrageous.

Your ears burning on Saturday arvo Brett ????:twisted:

BrettM
28th June 2011, 07:25 PM
Your ears burning on Saturday arvo Brett ????:twisted:

I'm trying to think what I was doing Saturday afternoon.........

I think it involved beer :mrgreen:

Ned
28th June 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm trying to think what I was doing Saturday afternoon.........

I think it involved beer :mrgreen:

Just for something different.

Was talking with John Bishop!

BrettM
28th June 2011, 07:33 PM
Just for something different.

Was talking with John Bishop!

Ah, there we go. Great wealth of experience there, would definitely be useful for a quick call on at MGC if required - and I'm sure they've done that.

Ned
28th June 2011, 07:36 PM
Ah, there we go. Great wealth of experience there, would definitely be useful for a quick call on at MGC if required - and I'm sure they've done that.

Did when I was Greens Director back in 99. (And also when we used him at Cairns GC in the late 80's and early 90's.)

Top bloke, excellent communicator, much like you but not sure on his beer drinking abilities and tastes.

haysey
29th June 2011, 07:12 AM

Right around the time their star apprentice moved on to bigger and better things?

Sheldon - If this goes ahead around 7.30 can you book 2 groups. We may be able to rustle up some spectators.

Dcanto
29th June 2011, 07:50 AM
Sheldon - If this goes ahead around 7.30 can you book 2 groups. We may be able to rustle up some spectators.

The more the merrier (no homo).

Sheldon77
29th June 2011, 07:27 PM
Ok, G'vale's timesheet bookings won't allow me to book more than one group for myself, but the Minister for W & F will book 0749 and 0756 for me tomorrow. Tangent: Haysey: The course isn't really flash, but it is improving??? The greens are patchy and we are now running a temporary green on 17 (it now plays about 115yds depending on tee marker position) while the new turf takes. The tee times are a couple of groups after the morning comp field. If anyone wants to jump in, just give Lionel a call at the Royal 'G' (4056 3999) and lock your name into the reserved cells. If that's all a bit too much, I'm sure we can just get a running list going here. I'll start....

Sheldon77 (Jack Ryan)
Dcanto

haysey
29th June 2011, 08:02 PM
Jack, can we get in the comp if we're outside "official" times?

Dcanto
30th June 2011, 07:51 AM
Jack, can we get in the comp if we're outside "official" times?

Still on your quest to get back to C grade ? :razz:

haysey
30th June 2011, 08:05 AM
Still on your quest to get back to C grade ? :razz:

Shhhh. You'll get courty suspicious again.

Ned
30th June 2011, 10:34 AM

Want to have two shots on a hole Haysey ?

Dcanto
30th June 2011, 10:41 AM

Homo ? :wink:

Ned
30th June 2011, 10:44 AM

Only if you are an Orange Person...........so Haysey has been told.

haysey
30th June 2011, 12:27 PM

Hell yes. Make it happen.

Go count something you:razz:

Ned
30th June 2011, 02:25 PM
Hell yes. Make it happen.

So this will require a Golflink number change and I'll have you playing off a 45 handicap and red coloured tees!!!!!!

solarman
30th June 2011, 02:33 PM
I thought photos of one self were not allowed as avatars......NK.:o

That my friend is one hell of a nasty looking dog. Is it yours or one from the big caged area up the road.

Courty
30th June 2011, 06:00 PM

Too late, I never stopped being suspicious. :roll:

Ned
30th June 2011, 06:29 PM
I thought photos of one self were not allowed as avatars......NK.:o

That my friend is one hell of a nasty looking dog. Is it yours or one from the big caged area up the road.

Thats the family guard dog, asleep with its eyes open!

Sheldon77
30th June 2011, 07:11 PM
Evening Dcanto, is this a goer?

Sheldon77
30th June 2011, 07:14 PM
To all and sundry; Haysey, you are now a sundry. I will speak to the Club Captain and I can't imagine that we won't be able to make this a comp round. (Bonus question: how many double negatives did I just use?)

Sheldon77
30th June 2011, 07:15 PM
If there is a drama, we can just shift our two groups left by 14 minutes.

Dcanto
30th June 2011, 07:15 PM
Evening Dcanto, is this a goer?

Sure is. Is the offer of a ride in your cart still available (no homo)?

Sheldon77
30th June 2011, 07:23 PM
(no homo)?

You clowns take all the fun out of golf. Fine. Yes. You can ride in the cart. Hope you like both types of music.....

Dcanto
30th June 2011, 07:42 PM
Hope you like both types of music.....

Which do you mean - Rock & Roll? R & B? Rap & Hip-hop? :-s

Or (god forbid) Country & Western? If you do mean C & W I want a two-up head start. :wink:

Haysey - have you got a set of industrial strength earplugs you can bring along just in case.

Courty
30th June 2011, 07:46 PM

Or (god forbid) Country & Western? If you do mean C & W I want a two-up head start. :wink:

Haysey - have you got a set of industrial strength earplugs you can bring along just in case.

I got a better idea... Use a hammer! Then none of us will have to put up with the racket. :mrgreen:

haysey
1st July 2011, 04:04 AM
To all and sundry; Haysey, you are now a sundry. I will speak to the Club Captain and I can't imagine that we won't be able to make this a comp round. (Bonus question: how many double negatives did I just use?)

Sweet. C-grade here I come.

Being Gordonvale, I'm picking Deliverance style banjo music....

Pending Toms release from the tender clutches of all those nurses, I think we may be looking at a 5. I'll see if I can interest Cairns club champion in teeing it up with us.

haysey
1st July 2011, 04:17 AM
I will speak to the Club Captain and I can't imagine that we won't be able to make this a comp round.

Given you're bringing at least 4 more green fee paying visitors to that hell hole. I'd be surprised if you weren't offered sexual favours of some kind:razz:

Courty
1st July 2011, 04:42 AM
Given you're bringing at least 4 more green fee paying visitors to that hell hole. I'd be surprised if you weren't offered sexual favours of some kind:razz:

:lol:

Dcanto
1st July 2011, 07:54 AM
Being Gordonvale, I'm picking Deliverance style banjo music....

I suppose it could be worse - the ukulele festival is in town! :)

Ned
1st July 2011, 07:59 AM
I suppose it could be worse - the ukulele festival is in town! :)

Is Val's favourite, Courty the Chief Conductor ????

haysey
1st July 2011, 08:44 AM
Is Val's favourite, Courty the Chief cunning linguist ????

Fixed that for you...

Sheldon77
1st July 2011, 01:02 PM
Just spoke to the CC. We're good to comp this one. Do we have a better idea of attendees?

haysey
1st July 2011, 02:51 PM
Dcanto
Sheldon77
Courty
haysey
Solarman
Cookie

Courty
1st July 2011, 03:13 PM
No Booj?

haysey
1st July 2011, 03:50 PM
Club champs don't play with the likes of us.

Courty
1st July 2011, 03:56 PM
Pffft, he used to be cool.

BrettM
1st July 2011, 06:17 PM
Damn work tomorrow gets in the way again.....

Sheldon77
1st July 2011, 06:27 PM
Dcanto
Sheldon77
Courty
haysey
Solarman
Cookie
Ricky Ellem (my mate who owns half of our cart that will be sharing a club cart with Bob)

Chicken cheese & mayo toasties from the Minister for W & F will be available at the 12th green for people that I like. No toasties for you Dave for obvious reasons.

Ned
1st July 2011, 06:30 PM
Damn work tomorrow gets in the way again.....

Making more beer .........................

Courty
2nd July 2011, 09:15 AM
Apologies for bailing, guys. I had a terrible night with crook guts and just couldn't drag my sorry arse out of bed. I've just woken up (again) and seem to be feeling quite a bit better than I was at 5:30 (or 4:30, or 3:30 or... you get the picture). Anyhow, congrats to the winner (whoever that may be) and I'll see you all soon.

haysey
2nd July 2011, 11:18 AM
Ok - This one's done and dusted. Thanks to all, congrats to the matchplay winner. I'll leave that to those guys to discuss / announce.

Huge thank you to Mrs Sheldon for the awesome toasted chicken sandwiches on the 12th green. Superb. I vote for more of this:mrgreen:

haysey 77 nett 67
Dcanto 82 nett 69
Sheldon77 83 nett 69
Solarman 89 nett 70
Cookie 89 nett 72
Courty NCR

Dcanto
2nd July 2011, 01:27 PM
Dcanto wins 1up.

A close match played in great spirit and with a good time being had by all regardless of how they played. Forgive me if I dribble on a bit but I haven't had to write many match reports before.

I managed to make a quick start going two up after two but got soon pegged back by some very solid play by Sheldon, including a nice birdie on 5. After nine holes the match stood at Sheldon 1up. Sheldon must have been starting to run low on energy and was hanging out for his toasties as I managed to make a comeback and win thre holes in a row to work my way to a 2up lead as we headed to the 15th. An implosion by me on the second shot and third shots (ball OB and into someone's backyard shed) gave Sheldon renewed vigor. A poor tee shot left me with a lot of work to do and while I managed to get my second close to the green Sheldon was in good position on the front edge and hit a solid lag putt to almost gimme distance. Given the state of the match it was a case of everything being putted out. Sheldon's putt lipped out and I managed to keep a 1up lead heading down 17. The 17th at Royal G is a par 3 of about 150 metres but today a temp green was in play. Neither Sheldon nor I hit fantastic tee shots but it was me away and after a knifey chip I was again looking at Sheldon being reasonably close to hole after a solid chip. The unpredictability of the temp green saw Sheldon's putt lip out and I managed to make my putt to square the hole and so we head down 18 (par 5) with Sheldon needing a win to square the ledger. Sheldon had the honour and pulled his tee shot left onto the race track. Much sledging of me followed as I switched from driver to 3 wood and managed to hit a reasonable shot down the right side into rough on one of the mounds. Sheldon's ball was not sitting too bad in the middle of the race track but chose a safer play and hit a nice shot to the middle of the fairway about 110m out. I hit a hybrid to just short of the green and Sheldon's 3rd shot is pulled slightly left of the green. I chip on and two putt and the hole ends up squared.

We both had chances and got our fair share of good (and bad) bouces but it was one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf I've played in a while. Thanks Sheldon for the great match and good company, we will have to organise another game soon. While a number of comments were made about the poor state of the greens it was still great fun.

mike
3rd July 2011, 10:00 AM
Well done dave. I hope you can get your 'enter' key fixed soon.

Courty
3rd July 2011, 12:23 PM
Added to POTY.

Dcanto
3rd July 2011, 05:10 PM
Well done dave. I hope you can get your 'enter' key fixed soon.

Thanks

Mike.

Apologies

for

the

rough

formatting

of

my

previous

post.

:roll:

mike
3rd July 2011, 08:45 PM
I don't read solid blocks of text like that. Looking at that post almost brought on a seizure. ;)

Well done on the win, good luck with your next match.