PDA

View Full Version : Gailes GC, Sunday 3rd July 11.55 AM

macleod
30th June 2005, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone, Talked to Gailes this morning, they only got 40-50ml of rain during this bet wet so it's all stations go for golf. cart were only stopped today just in case....

It's a Frank Foley event this Sunday, hcap limit of 18 in the open comp (if above you'd be done at 18 on the day).

Teetimes reserved off the first for under 6 caps, but plenty of room off the 10th from the ho's:

1. MacLeod

11.55 AM

andylo
30th June 2005, 10:55 AM
just wanna hit regradless....

also in case Sat's dream is busted ;)

BrisVegas
30th June 2005, 10:56 AM
Sure Mac. Count me in. Closer to 12 noon if at all possible...

macleod
30th June 2005, 11:00 AM
1. BrisVegas
2. AndyLo
3. MacLeod

macleod
30th June 2005, 11:05 AM
11.55AM teetime now booked in with Jarro's name down as our 4th

BrisVegas
30th June 2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks Mac. Hope sominc comes out for a game.

P.S. you haven't registered for your own game... :wink:

macleod
30th June 2005, 11:33 AM
didn't want to lose the Kathleen de leon button....now it is gone :(

interestingly enough a friend of de wifey sat next to kathleen and mr.savage garden on a flight recently and said she was a complete biyatch the whole flight to him and the stewardess...

macleod
30th June 2005, 11:39 AM
plenty o space behind us at 12.03 if more than 4 join!

sominc
30th June 2005, 12:23 PM
WHERE IS GAILES???

BrisVegas
30th June 2005, 12:26 PM
Gailes is alongside the Ipswich Motorway (and Gailes train station) between Darra and Goodna, about where the Logan Motorway starts. Dead simple to get to. Not a bad track.

Sunday Open comps are around $16.50.. :)

macleod
30th June 2005, 12:29 PM
WHERE IS GAILES???

just out near wacol, off the ipswich highway....

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/mapping/renderMapAddress.do?name=Gailes%20Golf%20Club&streetNumber=&street=Wilruna%20Street&streetType=&suburb=Wacol&state=Queensland&latitude=-27.60323&longitude=152.91711&navId=$0$00007799110000000370$&brandId=1&advertiserId=&requiredZoomLevel=3

do a search on whereis on Gailes as suburb and with golf courses as the reference point if that link doesn't work....

easy ot ge tto either in car or train!

Jarro
30th June 2005, 03:40 PM
11.55AM teetime now booked in with Jarro's name down as our 4th

yeah i wont be there guys, i'm working sunday :(

AndyP
30th June 2005, 04:52 PM
Mac
Are there ant early tee times like pre 8 ?
I have to get to the Broncs by 3.
Usually the Sunday comp has a pretty small field and the tee times start at 11. But I'm not so sure with the Frank Foley event. :?

macleod
30th June 2005, 05:31 PM
Mac
Are there ant early tee times like pre 8 ?
I have to get to the Broncs by 3.

nup, all morning is now blocked out for social groups and golfers. ie. non-comp fee paying individuals...comp is between 11.00 am and 12.30 making it a delightful size.

it's a shame mate, ...you know it'll be a walkover so come play golf eh?

jarro, your name is in pencil on the teesheet just like one cheek of your bum on a bar stool you're saving for a mate....thanks for doing it ;)

macleod
30th June 2005, 05:33 PM
P.S.  you haven't registered for your own game...  :wink:

and you haven't confirmed yours ;) :lol: cmon, hit that button again it's how it's designed!

nudgee
30th June 2005, 06:30 PM
count me in fellas!!! :D

macleod
30th June 2005, 07:14 PM
count me in fellas!!! :D

glad to have you along mighty spaniard, any demo driver you'd like to bring for me is greatly welcomed :D

macleod
30th June 2005, 08:49 PM
that's odd, consider me wrong....every other time i have asked they didn't mention pre-slots....ah well.

maybe the frank foley thing means the whole morning is for the comp??

what andy said makes sense now....and i didn't actually ask for anything but the times i knew were regular...my bad...

i'm not getting up early no matter how pretty you make yourself... snuggling with the wife wins every time....

although if you were to wear some braids.... :-k

macleod
30th June 2005, 09:33 PM
sorry mac..braids make me look fat.

and that's a problem for me....how? :)

BrisVegas
1st July 2005, 08:23 AM
Sominc - were you interested in this game? I'm sure we could rustle up another group for ya.

sominc
1st July 2005, 11:20 AM
im interested but i think maybe we had better leave it for another time, gailes would be like an hour from my place and the gf didnt seem too happy about me playing, next weekend should be good though

BrisVegas
1st July 2005, 11:24 AM
im interested but i think maybe we had better leave it for another time, gailes would be like an hour from my place and the gf didnt seem too happy about me playing, next weekend should be good though
Fair enough. With a week's notice you should get a few starters for a game at Indro. The conditioning should be mint again by then too.

Where do you live, by the way? (Gailes is only a 15-20 minute run from Indro..)

BrisVegas
1st July 2005, 06:47 PM
Brooky17 is ken to play this round as well. I'll call Gailes in the morning and try and get another couple of slots around the same time.

If anyone else was thinking of playing, let me know so I can put your name down. If we only get 5, I'll join up with brooky17 so he's not on his own.

1. macleod
2. BrisVegas
3. andylo
4. nudgee

5. brooky17

BrisVegas
2nd July 2005, 11:38 AM
I've booked the 12:02 group as well, so there is room for another 3 players....

1. macleod
2. BrisVegas
3. andylo
4. nudgee

5. brooky17

oscar
2nd July 2005, 07:41 PM
1. macleod
2. BrisVegas
3. andylo
4. nudgee

5. brooky17
6. Oscar

I'm in :)

macleod
2nd July 2005, 09:03 PM
top stuff oscar!

BrisVegas
2nd July 2005, 10:32 PM
Welcome aboard Oscar. See you there!

(If nobody objects, I'll join my mate Jayson and oscar in the second group, so we got 2 x 3's.)

1. macleod
2. andylo
3. nudgee

5. brooky17
6. Oscar
7. BrisVegas

macleod
3rd July 2005, 09:39 AM
i'm out for today,

woke up hideously ill with sore throat courtesy of wife coughing all over me for more than a week....

to quote gloria estefan and the miami sound machine:
"The lurgee is gonna getcha...."

was looking forwards to this so much.....

have a great day guys....i know you will

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

nudgee
3rd July 2005, 10:41 AM
Well if thats just five of us, I may pull out rather than having a group of 2 and one of 3. Not feeling the best after last night australia v france game corporate box shenanigans.

Jamie

BrisVegas
3rd July 2005, 05:24 PM
Shame you couldn't make it Scott and Jamie. Course was in very good condition. Greens were soft, yet slick and there was plenty of grass on the fairways.

We ended up as a 4. We could have played as a five, the pro was happy for us to do that. I didn't realise Nudgee had bailed, so there was plenty of confusion at the start. Not to mention that my name was scratched off the list as well, when macleod cancelled. Then I had to explain how jarro wasn't playing, but oscar was.... and how my other two bogus players weren't showing..

Anyway, it was a good day out. Glad I made the effort to get out for it. Had to rush off after, but I think I may have dead-heated with andylo on 73 nett (par is 73), with oscar one back on 74 nett. brooky17 tore up his card mid-way through the back 9 after losing a couple of balls.

Guys, please correct me if I got these scores wrong...

andylo - 99 gross, 73 nett
BrisVegas - 80 gross, 73 nett
oscar - 92 gross, 74 nett
brooky17 - NCR

AndyP
3rd July 2005, 06:16 PM
andylo - 99 gross, 73 nett
A-Lo's handicap is 25, so he had a nett 74.

That makes it a win for you, Vegas. 8)

The round has already gone into golflink. :shock: That's very un-Gailes like.

How hard was the course set up for the event? The CCR ended up being 73.

BrisVegas
3rd July 2005, 06:30 PM
yeah, I'm not 100% sure what andylo's score was. It was defintely 90-something. I think he said 99... Anyway, andylo and oscar will confirm soon enough.

Andylo played really well today. His driving is unlike any 25 hcaper I've ever seen. :shock: He hit at least half of his tee shots with lovely high draws or straight and around the 250 metre mark. His irons were quite good too. He hit a cracker of a 4 iron into the 1st green for a lazy 2-putt par. The work he's been putting into his short game is paying off. I think there were only 1 or 2 three-putts today. His distance control was not bad, considering the greens were pretty slick.

AndyP - yeah Gailes was pretty tough today. There were some tight pins and the course played long. Not much roll on the lush fairways. It's a totally different course from the back markers. That doesn't explain how I managed 87 there last time from the "easy" tees... :lol:

BrisVegas
3rd July 2005, 06:49 PM
Forgot to mention....

oscar's new Maxfli A10 irons looked mint. He hit them very well for their first outing. As he did at Nudgee, oscar hit the ball extremely consistently off the tee with his Mizuno driver. Nice and high and straight.

Andylo's new MP32's look great. They set up a lot like my irons, although the blade is a little shorter heel to toe. The 905T is a weapon. I hit one hit with it and was shocked at how forgiving it was. A slightly 'heely' drive went about 270 down the middle, at least 15 metres longer than my drive with my driver... Damn these shiny new drivers. Looks like I need a 400 cc weapon now too.. :( Just checked ebay - they're $500+ for the retail version... ahem... maybe I can wait a bit longer...

brooky17 had a couple of whacks with the 905T as well and just crunched it. He was 40 metres ahead of all of us down the second last hole and hit a good high draw with it. I think he's written down 905T X-stiff on his Christmas wish-list!! :lol:

andylo
3rd July 2005, 09:00 PM
Woo!! Blue tees in Gailes is a TORTURE!!!!

The course is difficult to play even on white and on the blue it just play so different.

Playing with the big guys really give me some good pressure so I don't do stupid things and try idotic shots :D Thanks guys.

In fact the company is the only thing I really enjoyed today :D

I shot 99... so 99 - 25 = 74... front 48 and back... 51.

I am sure the score of 1st 9 could be better.... I pushed my drive to the fairway on the right at 18.... someone teeing off there but it take them ages to thru 3 guys... so I thought I just give a quick wrack with my 5 wood when I still have the feeling so I can back to the fairway I am playing and those guy suddenly yelled FORE and I stopped the swing and duck! :evil: And they didn't actually tee off neither :evil: so I continue and due to the unhappiness and cold topped it (which is very very rare with the Ovation TOUR) and roll into the fairway bunker.... I still manage to get a 7 (that was a par 5 right) but its :evil: :evil: :evil: I wish they all choke to dead! :evil:

Anyway the unhappy thought still stayed a little while until I had a chocolate mike... YUM :D Still left a feel putts there and not playing as well on the 2nd 9.... well.. anyway ;)

I think my iron play could be better... and I still struggle to find the actual distance my PW can go... sometimes 110... but sometime not even make 90... consider both shots was right into the sweetspot and swing is good.... no idea why... need some time to figure this out.

Also the TOUR 588 60*... everything is good but bunker play is a little unpredictable. Generally it goes shorter than my GF wedge (the retail 588 my gf bought me) Apart from that this lovely wedge has setup a few good approach for me with plenty of check... pretty nice club.

Green wise... good but very very very very slicky. I struggle to get used to it until I thru 9 holes. Once it pass the hole it's pretty much GONE! Left a few putts out there which shoulda make par but anyway ;)

At least I break 100 :D So I can take out one of the course off my list ;)

markTHEblake
3rd July 2005, 11:08 PM
This is getting very scary.

macleod
4th July 2005, 09:24 AM
Anyway the unhappy thought still stayed a little while until I had a chocolate mike... YUM :D
;)

classic stuff....we luvs ya andy :D is this a euphemism like 'chocolate jimmy'? :lol:

congrats on that score for gailes from the blues...!

Onewood
4th July 2005, 06:14 PM
Andylo, after playing on the greens at Corinda, I thought it would take you awhile to slow them down :D

BrisVegas
8th July 2005, 08:36 AM
From www.gailesgolf.com.au

Sun Jul 03 2005 FRANK FOLEY MEMORIAL - GROSS
18 Hole Stroke CLUB CCR 73 Rundown 75

woohoo!! andylo, oscar and I won a ball. :lol:

andylo
8th July 2005, 08:47 AM
Huh!! :shock: :lol:

BrisVegas
8th August 2005, 11:38 AM
MTB - to save you trawling...