PDA

View Full Version : Free Aussie made iPhone APP for golf

chris@eLife
15th May 2011, 08:29 AM
Hi Everybody,
I am new to forums and I am not sure if this is the right place to post....but I have recently developed a golf APP for the iPhone, and I want to let people know about it.

Its called "Golf Mate" by eLife Development and you can find it on the APP store - the best this is its FREE. It has the basic features of most golf APP to manage your scoring, but it also has a live leaderboard to show you who is wining and graphical stats that update hole by hole to show you have your game is going.

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/golf-mate/id418864691?mt=8

It would be great if you could download it and leave a (positive) rating on the APP store. I would love to get some feedback to hear if you like it, but also how it could be improved.

Cheers
Chris

MegaWatty
15th May 2011, 10:16 AM
Hi Chris,

Got your app and have some feedback for you. When I go into 'Play Golf' and then to choose a course, the last course on the list, currently Wynnum, is below the menu bar. The only way to see it is to scroll further up, only to have it disappear again.

Also, I think it would be good to be able to add a course from that menu rather than having to exit back to the main menu and add a course that way.

chris@eLife
15th May 2011, 05:23 PM
Hi Chris,

Got your app and have some feedback for you. When I go into 'Play Golf' and then to choose a course, the last course on the list, currently Wynnum, is below the menu bar. The only way to see it is to scroll further up, only to have it disappear again.

Also, I think it would be good to be able to add a course from that menu rather than having to exit back to the main menu and add a course that way.

Hi MegaWatty,
Thanks for the feedback. I did know about the first issue. I will consider you second point in future updated.

markTHEblake
15th May 2011, 05:48 PM
leaderboard? can this leader board be shared between users for example in a golf tournament where different groups can update the scores. So obviously the data is stored on a server.

and the killer feature would be.. that the server data is cross platform, as not everyone has an iphone

Marto65
15th May 2011, 06:43 PM
It doesn't really matter if your not supposed to be allowed to use an Iphone on the course anyway ... didn't you blokes deem it " Illegal " in another thread two weeks ago?

AndyP
15th May 2011, 06:55 PM
Use it on an iPod then.

markTHEblake
15th May 2011, 07:38 PM
didn't you blokes deem it " Illegal " in another thread two weeks ago?

No,it is not 'illegal' to use an iphone while playing golf, and this application does not seem to be a Distance Measuring Device.

Greeny
16th May 2011, 11:26 AM
leaderboard? can this leader board be shared between users for example in a golf tournament where different groups can update the scores. So obviously the data is stored on a server.

and the killer feature would be.. that the server data is cross platform, as not everyone has an iphone

I've been looking for something that would do this for ages. I tried to get everyone just updating to the one Twitter account in one event. It worked ok but some felt it was a little bit of a chore. Automatically just entering scores and a leaderboard can be accessed would be ideal.

chris@eLife
16th May 2011, 07:41 PM
I've been looking for something that would do this for ages. I tried to get everyone just updating to the one Twitter account in one event. It worked ok but some felt it was a little bit of a chore. Automatically just entering scores and a leaderboard can be accessed would be ideal.

Hi Gents,
The networked scorecard is a feature for the app I am developing..... I will keep you posted when it is ready. I am currently trying to get the basics right with the free version.
Give it a try on the course and let me know how you go.