PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: anyone got one of those wonderputters for sale

Ian_Golf
12th May 2011, 11:45 AM
anyone out there got a wonderputter that they want to offload?

virge666
12th May 2011, 01:04 PM
Love this quote

Over the years Paul has learnt a lot about the science of bio mechanics and the art of applying the brain and the body to achieve consistently accurate and repeatable outcomes

Bullshit - it is just taking advantage of a loophole in the rules with regards to Sam Snead in his elder years. There is no bio mechanics here - you are simply standing behind the ball and have much better target perception. Nice to see an Aussie flogging it to the yanks...

Good luck with this Ian - you would have to be desperate to bring this on the course.

Ian_Golf
12th May 2011, 01:27 PM
Love this quote

Bullshit - it is just taking advantage of a loophole in the rules with regards to Sam Snead in his elder years. There is no bio mechanics here - you are simply standing behind the ball and have much better target perception. Nice to see an Aussie flogging it to the yanks...

Good luck with this Ian - you would have to be desperate to bring this on the course.

Hi Virge,

Not desperate at all. Just a fantastic laugh with the guys i play with. All low markers. Will make a good conversational piece too so it may be well worth the money.

Jake
12th May 2011, 01:44 PM
Hah, though it's no worse than those poofy belly putters.

virge666
12th May 2011, 02:17 PM
Hi Virge,

Not desperate at all. Just a fantastic laugh with the guys i play with. All low markers. Will make a good conversational piece too so it may be well worth the money.

Excellent work mate - i am sure you could make one with a normal mallet putter and just twist the grip or shaft sideways a bit.

A corsa or monza putter would be perfect.

Ian_Golf
12th May 2011, 03:08 PM
Excellent work mate - i am sure you could make one with a normal mallet putter and just twist the grip or shaft sideways a bit.

A corsa or monza putter would be perfect.

Could possibly do that Virge, As long a the shaft is centre and totally upright. What heads do you have in your arsenal.

virge666
12th May 2011, 03:13 PM
Could possibly do that Virge, As long a the shaft is centre and totally upright. What heads do you have in your arsenal.

I am not much of a mallet kind of guy, so not much here.

Anything with a curved shaft should be able to be spun into one of these... the shaft is not allowed to be past soem particular degree - some one here will know... I think it is 74 degrees or something like that.

Puji
12th May 2011, 06:15 PM
I think the regulation might be 80*.

But open to be corrected

Puji
12th May 2011, 06:21 PM
edit: just looked up the wonderputter through google.

is that a serious product?>

Daves
12th May 2011, 06:26 PM
I think the regulation might be 80*.

But open to be corrected

That is the USGA rule, or at least the result of the specific rule that requires at least a 10* angle from the vertical. I presume the R & A rule is the same.

Ian_Golf
12th May 2011, 07:32 PM
edit: just looked up the wonderputter through google.

is that a serious product?>

Imagine your fellow players faces when you pull this one out on the 1st Green: Including the Stance -- They will be talking about it at the club for years.
I really want one just for the humour.........

TheNuclearOne
12th May 2011, 10:18 PM
Love it lmao