PDA

View Full Version : Kids with potential ...

Marto65
9th May 2011, 08:55 PM
I had a quick look and couldn't find a thread like it ...

But I played golf today with a 14 yr old kid ... he's a member at Pacific named Blake Proverbs ..

He shot 1 over at North Lakes .. and did it easy.

14 ... geez .. I couldn't break 90 when i was 14.

Good kid too ... might go far ...

So .. If you've had a game with some young kid who could be huge ... let us all know here ..

Peter
9th May 2011, 09:00 PM
I'm becoming less impressed with the 12-15 year olds who shoot those scores, as they seem to be more and more common.

I'm more impressed when they can keep doing it after they hit 16 and discover the joys of girls and beer!

henno
9th May 2011, 09:00 PM
Our very own ParMaster was a kid with potential, in a way. His problem was consistency and commitment, but shooting par or better rounds (while by no means the norm) was nothing out of the ordinary for him at 15.

Daves
9th May 2011, 09:24 PM
A Pacific junior I have had the pleasure to meet and play a round with is Jordan (Jordie) McCarthy. Great kid and plays a great long game for one who is so slightly built at this stage of his life. He has won a few Qld age division titles I believe. I think he would be the same age as Blake Proverbs. I see both of them get a mention on the Greg Norman Foundation website.

http://www.gngf.org.au/

markTHEblake
9th May 2011, 09:57 PM
scratch at 14 is no longer that unusual, remember Eagle Chang won state junior open when he was 13, and that was years ago.

I know this kid Karl Vilips who was running around the gold coast, but just moved to melbourne last month, Southern has adopted him.
He plays off 12 at 9yo, and he is a pocket rocket of epic proportions.
http://www.karlgolf.info

his tournament record is fairly impressive for someone 3 foot tall, including one world title. I just wish he could have played some Ozgolf days, he would pants the lot of us, and outdrive many.

Ned
9th May 2011, 10:18 PM
A Pacific junior I have had the pleasure to meet and play a round with is Jordan (Jordie) McCarthy. Great kid and plays a great long game for one who is so slightly built at this stage of his life. He has won a few Qld age division titles I believe. I think he would be the same age as Blake Proverbs. I see both of them get a mention on the Greg Norman Foundation website.

http://www.gngf.org.au/

He is (or was a great kid)

Met him when I was working at the Qld Junior Advance Clinic that GQ run.

Used to cop it from the other kids as he was a tiny tacker but gave well above his weight.

sms316
11th May 2011, 08:38 AM
Cameron Smith is the best junior I've ever seen. Daylight ahead of anyone else.

henno
11th May 2011, 11:47 AM
Cameron Smith is the best junior I've ever seen. Daylight ahead of anyone else.

That's beyond "potential" though, isn't it. That kid's a freak.

sms316
11th May 2011, 03:42 PM
That's beyond "potential" though, isn't it. That kid's a freak.

I don't think I would be out of line to say potential to be a world top ten. I saw Adam Scott as a junior and reckon that Cam has him covered.

razaar
11th May 2011, 05:21 PM
Nathan Holman is right up there in ball striking. If he could putt he would be almost unbeatable.

Hux
11th May 2011, 09:33 PM
I don't think I would be out of line to say potential to be a world top ten. I saw Adam Scott as a junior and reckon that Cam has him covered.

You would have been a junior at the same time wouldn't you baby face :-)

sms316
12th May 2011, 09:01 AM
You would have been a junior at the same time wouldn't you baby face :-)

Wanker.