PDA

View Full Version : What gear do you miss, after selling to other Ozgolfers...

macleod
29th June 2005, 06:51 PM
Musing about what pieces of gear you might have regretted selling to other OZG's or just plain miss the musk of from time to time....

just to confirm it's a nostalgia thing...i'm not open to offers to buy back...welll.....ahhhh.... :lol

for me....

the 50* vokey AndyP has....no idea why i sold 'er, usually a money thing :D

52* oilcan w/spinner to Nudgee.....haven't managed to get his cg10 tour head I swapped it for shafted as of yet...doh!

spectrum 11* w/accuflex vs339 to Fishman....another need for cash.

my first pair of purple lycra bonds undies.....buyer not disclosed for reasons of taste and decorum....

Jarro
29th June 2005, 07:01 PM
the 200Tour 15* 3 wood i sold to 990B  and the 8* 300Tour is sold to Eag's :cry:

why o why  :smt022

nudgee
29th June 2005, 07:01 PM
holy crap where do I start??? :shock:

macleod
29th June 2005, 07:18 PM
holy crap where do I start???  :shock:

take it slowly mate.....baby steps.... :D

hey, anything you've bought back off them?

Fishman Dan
29th June 2005, 07:51 PM
spectrum 11* w/accuflex vs339 to Fishman....another need for cash.

At the moment it's not being used while i play with my TM 300. If anyone wants to give it a new home let me know.

AndyP
29th June 2005, 08:01 PM
Sold to me back in ISG, and was the club that started the reshaping of my bag.
I love this club, that's why I try to set myself up 90m out to use it. It also gets a lot of use around the greens. :cool:

Miss it more now?

Davemason
29th June 2005, 08:03 PM
I traded a 15° TM 200 steel 3wood #-o
One of the best 3woods I've ever used and I still don't know why I did it .

markTHEblake
29th June 2005, 08:24 PM
macleod, Nice thread title, have you just come back from Vietnam or something?

Pinglauncher
29th June 2005, 08:41 PM
A 2 Ball I sold to Fishy. Needed the cash to help pay for a set of irons I had bought.

Needless to say I have just bought another one. 2 Ball belly cut down to 34". SWEEEET :) :) :)

Trung
29th June 2005, 08:42 PM
Vietnam

8-[

nudgee
29th June 2005, 08:44 PM
Trung - high on my list is the bloody Tri Hot I sold you for peanuts!!! trying to get one now and I am looking at double what you paid for it!!

Trung
29th June 2005, 08:48 PM
Trung - high on my list is the bloody Tri Hot I sold you for peanuts!!! trying to get one now and I am looking at double what you paid for it!!

I should start a new thread...

"what is the best club I bought from an Ozgolfer :twisted: "

You know what, everything from my bag came from Ozgolf.net

Driver - Pete
3 Wood - Terence
RM2 - Pete
MP32s - Pete
RAC 54 - i think Jarro
RAC 60 - can't recall
TriHot 2 - Nudgee

kwantfm
29th June 2005, 09:07 PM
Trung,

That's one of the funniest posts I've seen... :D

I regret selling that Nak 3-wood.

Cheers,
T

Trung
29th June 2005, 09:36 PM
why da hell does people sell me clubs and then complaining that they sold it too cheap and also regretting that they sold it to me.. :P

kwantfm
29th June 2005, 09:41 PM
We just feel sorry for you and want to help you out. :shock:

Fishman Dan
29th June 2005, 11:10 PM
I'm just glad (in a sick kinda way) that i've got 2 mentions in this thread.

Blake, you want a definition of a;

HO - Brain goes a little silly when a good deal comes their way, and they can't help but indugle.

Non-HO - Calculated, measured speculator of quality golf equipment. Will strike when the iron is hot, everything else is just eye-candy.

8)

Eag's
30th June 2005, 12:33 AM

HO - Brain goes a little silly when a good deal comes their way, and they can't help but indugle.

Non-HO - Calculated, measured speculator of quality golf equipment. Will strike when the iron is hot, everything else is just eye-candy.

8)

Non-Ho can also mean Tightarse :roll:

drunken
30th June 2005, 06:20 AM
Eags if you want to comment on the tightness (or lack thereof) of Fishy's arse thats up to you.... :wink:

goughy
30th June 2005, 07:08 AM
The only clubs I regret selling are my cobra trd-v grooves. Sold them on ebay. Never would have used them again, but something about them that I just liked. But never would have used them again. For a mini cavity back iron they had a sweet spot smaller than a pin head. But would never have used them again.

But I wish I hadn't sold them.

There isn't a club in my bag that isn't superior to what it replaced. The only exception is my warbird 3 wood. It replaced a 200tour 13* smoothy I got from gaz that was a bit warped (ok, elephant man warped (tackless I know)). It started to crack on the face and was shelved (but I think I've still got it somewhere). That club was a bomb.

3oneday
30th June 2005, 07:43 AM

8)did you notice kwantfm has no regrets ??? he is a true HO, I simply like to indugle, if only I knew what indugling was :lol: :lol: :lol:

No regrets guys, what do I miss, the ball I put over the fence at Concord on the 2nd tee on Sunday, it was only 3 hits and 2 putts old :x :x

Go forth and INDUGLE

Pete :lol:

990B Luva
30th June 2005, 07:59 AM
i haven't sold anything..... but that 200Tour was a great buy Jarro :wink:

Fishman Dan
30th June 2005, 09:40 AM

8)

Non-Ho can also mean Tightarse  :roll:

And what a solid point you make..

You're right, instead of selecting your next purchase (investment?) carefully, you should juice-up your PayPal account whenever some pork-chop sells a Scotty Cameron Divot Tool - Unused!! on eBay. :roll:  :roll:

macleod
30th June 2005, 09:43 AM
Sold to me back in ISG, and was the club that started the reshaping of my bag.
I love this club, that's why I try to set myself up 90m out to use it. It also gets a lot of use around the greens. :cool:

Miss it more now?

:smt089

i could never miss at the 95-100m range with it.....always was confident and the chipping was sweet as....

BrisVegas
30th June 2005, 09:46 AM
i've only ever sold one club to an ozgolfer. That was a Cleveland By Design blade putter to choppa. I wish I still had the putter, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Couldn't really use it anyway... :oops: I'm a hoarder I guess.

I loaned a War Bird 3+ to rok in 1998 which I miss a bit too. Which reminds me, I should see if he's still got that club...

macleod
30th June 2005, 09:46 AM
i haven't sold anything..... but that 200Tour was a great buy Jarro :wink:

and that hogan 52* you have was mine as well ;) must have been a good buy as it's still in da bag!

3oneday
30th June 2005, 09:48 AM
Scotty Cameron Divot Tool - Unused!! on eBay. :roll:  :roll:funny you mention that Dan, I was borrowing terences on Sunday, so mine is still new, what you wanna pay ?? you Ho you.... :P

:lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
30th June 2005, 09:50 AM
funny you mention that Dan, I was borrowing terences on Sunday, so mine is still new, what you wanna pay ?? you Ho you.

I've still got my NSWGA pitch repairer and ball markers, won at the Kyogle 75th Anniversary last year, i'll be right... but hold onto it - they're collectors items! :P  :roll:

3oneday
30th June 2005, 10:21 AM
funny you mention that Dan, I was borrowing terences on Sunday, so mine is still new, what you wanna pay ?? you Ho you.

I've still got my NSWGA pitch repairer and ball markers, won at the Kyogle 75th Anniversary last year, i'll be right... but hold onto it - they're collectors items! :P  :roll:what did you pick up at their 25th ???

:P :P

Pete

markTHEblake
30th June 2005, 10:27 AM

Tightarse can also mean Astute

Fishman Dan
30th June 2005, 11:23 AM

I've still got my NSWGA pitch repairer and ball markers, won at the Kyogle 75th Anniversary last year, i'll be right... but hold onto it - they're collectors items! :P  :roll:what did you pick up at their 25th ???

:P  :P

Pete

Do you mean "what", or "Who"  :P  :lol:

3oneday
30th June 2005, 11:42 AM

:P  :P

Pete

Do you mean "what", or "Who"  :P  :lol:would it matter ?? you would still have both :P :P :lol:

Pete

AndyP
30th June 2005, 12:04 PM
So I've got one actual club that's been listed (50° Vokey) and another of the same type as davemason's missed club (200Steel).

You guys really know how to make one feel warm and fuzzy about one's frugal purchases. Keep up the good work. :D

gazgolf1
30th June 2005, 01:32 PM

Tightarse can also mean Astute

and it can also mean you buy LA Cola cos it's cheap cheap. :roll:

macleod
30th June 2005, 01:45 PM
mmmm la cola....the choice of a pov generation......

andylo
30th June 2005, 02:25 PM
What gear do you miss, after selling to other Ozgolfers...

NIL!

prmeier
30th June 2005, 02:51 PM
the 200Tour 15* 3 wood i sold to 990B  and the 8* 300Tour is sold to Eag's :cry:

The 200 tour I sold to Jarro. Why!!!

Jarro
30th June 2005, 02:52 PM

The 200 tour I sold to Jarro. Why!!!

dunno Pete, i had a moment of madness :(

reg320
30th June 2005, 03:38 PM
I must concur with 990B -I haven't sold anything, but still love the RMTP I bought off jarro.