PDA

View Full Version : Issue Tournament result spoilers

dave1
1st May 2011, 06:52 PM
Is it pssoble not to post tournament winners till say Monday night on the front page....

I like many others work on mondays and cant watch the final round of PGA events till monday night when the kids have gone to bed...so is it pssoble to to have "spoilers" on the front pages.....?

I still want to visit the site on monday but just dont want to see the winners....cheers...

if its no possible thats cool also...Im sure with so many websites that if someone wanted find a tourny winner they could easily find that info via other sites through their search engines

BroKar
1st May 2011, 06:58 PM
I dont know about other people but for me its quite simple, if I dont want to know a football result I dont go to a news website or a sports website, so if you dont want to know who won the golf then staying off a golf forum is probably a smart idea.

sms316
1st May 2011, 07:00 PM
I dont know about other people but for me its quite simple, if I dont want to know a football result I dont go to a news website or a sports website, so if you dont want to know who won the golf then staying off a golf forum is probably a smart idea.

Carefull. Common sense has been resisted before.

Sydney Hacker
1st May 2011, 07:00 PM
Pretty rough asking people to not talk about golf results on a golf forum.

I know that is not strictly what you are asking, but if you want to avoid seeing results shouldn't the onus be on you to avoid a golf website ?

MegaWatty
1st May 2011, 07:02 PM
I don't think it's a good idea. When do you draw the line?

A lot of guys like to discuss tournaments as they're being played.

Sorry Dave.

sms316
1st May 2011, 07:02 PM
Can we start posting NRL results live now?

live4golf
1st May 2011, 07:06 PM
can one of you blokes figure out how to post the results a day early? - we'll make thousands.....NO, HUNDREDS, mwaHAHAHAHAHA

Jarro
1st May 2011, 07:11 PM
Simple answer, don't read if you don't wanna know results (NRL/AFL/ARU included)

PeteyD
1st May 2011, 07:16 PM
the only time NRL has issues is thanks to channel 9 showing 2 games on Fridays, when they show different ones North and South. Gotta love the way they treat us.

timah!
1st May 2011, 07:27 PM

Absolutely. Unfortunately, if it really were 'common'sense, everyone would have it.

markTHEblake
1st May 2011, 07:47 PM
Is it pssoble not to post tournament winners till say Monday night on the front page....

i have never seen any tournament winners on the front page, in any case if they are there, just dont look at the front page.

virge666
1st May 2011, 07:53 PM
I am with Dave on this - read what he is asking...

We usually have a thread for each up coming tornament. So for example the Zurich event may have a thread. He is obviously not going to go into the thread... but if some muppet creates a thread title called CONGRATS Matt Jones or CONGRATS Bubba Watson, then it sort of takes the shine off the 9pm viewing of the event.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

markTHEblake
1st May 2011, 07:58 PM
but if some muppet creates a thread title called CONGRATS Matt Jones or CONGRATS Bubba Watson

oh that, yes stupid name for a thread title. Bubba doesnt even read Ozgolf.

Yossarian
1st May 2011, 09:35 PM
Serious request?

AndyP
1st May 2011, 09:39 PM

We usually have a thread for each up coming tornament. So for example the Zurich event may have a thread. He is obviously not going to go into the thread... but if some muppet creates a thread title called CONGRATS Matt Jones or CONGRATS Bubba Watson, then it sort of takes the shine off the 9pm viewing of the event.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.Never seen it, but hopefully someone that does that reads this thread. Otherwise PM them.

bergsey
1st May 2011, 11:10 PM

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

+1....sort of like creating a thread like "that chick in the crying game has got a nob"

Dotty
1st May 2011, 11:51 PM
Can this include any tournaments in the past month?

I'm about to watch the last 9 holes of the US Masters.

Go Rory!

MegaWatty
1st May 2011, 11:58 PM
I'm yet to watch the '76 Open.

TourFit
2nd May 2011, 10:44 AM
The '77 Open was a better year.

virge666
2nd May 2011, 11:10 AM
+1....sort of like creating a thread like "that chick in the crying game has got a nob"

Kevin Spacey is Kaiser Sosai

AndyP
2nd May 2011, 11:17 AM
FWIW I haven't watched The Usual Suspects. Cheers.

markTHEblake
2nd May 2011, 11:29 AM
the boat sinks in Titanic

Yossarian
2nd May 2011, 11:34 AM
I'm not gay.

LarryLong
2nd May 2011, 11:35 AM
The Walrus was Paul.

virge666
2nd May 2011, 11:37 AM
FWIW I haven't watched The Usual Suspects. Cheers.

How did you know it was "The Usual Suspects" . . .

check . . . and . . . mate.

:)

Daves
2nd May 2011, 11:38 AM
the boat sinks in Titanic

The Greatest Story ever Told doesn't end well either!

markTHEblake
2nd May 2011, 11:39 AM
For who?

the book came out first anyway.

virge666
2nd May 2011, 11:50 AM
For who?

the book came out first anyway.

The movie was way better than the book.

AndyP
2nd May 2011, 12:08 PM
How did you know it was "The Usual Suspects" . . .

check . . . and . . . mate.

:)
I knew what you were talking about because I know that there is some mystery to the movie. I have never seen it.

virge666
2nd May 2011, 12:14 PM
I knew what you were talking about because I know that there is some mystery to the movie. I have never seen it.

Be careful when back-peddling so hard - you might trip over and hurt yourself.

AndyP
2nd May 2011, 12:29 PM
Believe what you want, but I haven't seen it and don't even know what it's about. There is no way to prove it to you.

That said, I have heard only recently that Kevin Spacey is thingo. It was disappointing to find out, but if I haven't seen it by now then chances of me doing so aren't likely, despite hearing that it's good. The incentive to watch it is even less now.

Lagerlover
2nd May 2011, 01:52 PM
John Merrick did NOT have big ears

henno
2nd May 2011, 01:54 PM
I like to watch golf tournaments two years after they are played. Can we please refrain from talking about them until I've watched them?

dave1
2nd May 2011, 01:56 PM
No worries i just will stay away from websites related to golf ..

No big deal ...Didnt want people to fire up over this one ...All good

henno
2nd May 2011, 01:57 PM
I don't think people are firing up, dave. Just taking the piss as per normal.

For what it's worth, I do agree with the suggestion to not post the winner's name in the thread title.

Goldy
2nd May 2011, 02:19 PM
I agree with Dave.

Imagine my disgust when my missus brought home "4 weddings and a funeral". Thanks for ruining the whole damn thing.

3oneday
2nd May 2011, 03:04 PM
Who won ?

markTHEblake
2nd May 2011, 03:36 PM
well that Obama thread has stuffed up my enjoyment of watching the news tonight.

Daves
2nd May 2011, 06:12 PM
It is sort of ironic that Dave1 put his post up here, because the admin on the other golf forum he frequents actually does what he is complaining about almost as a matter of course. I haven't seen any threads like that here in recent times. Not a shot at Dave1, just an observation.

Beno
2nd May 2011, 06:25 PM
Im with Virge and Dave - Ozgolf isn't all about golf results - its just one small section - and as virge said common sense is used when looking at thread titles. IE - don't go into tournament news

It would be nice to come check out the pro shop without seeing a winner plastered all over the place when coming back to the forum index.

As for the actual issue i care not either way - just saying there is definitely merit in what they are saying, deserving more than a simple NO from the masses.

AndyP
2nd May 2011, 07:20 PM
Beno, I don't read it as a "simple NO" from the masses. I can't say that I've seen results plastered all over the forum, and it was agreed that it shouldn't be posted in titles.

Yossarian
2nd May 2011, 07:21 PM
It is sort of ironic that Dave1 put his post up here, because the admin on the other golf forum he frequents actually does what he is complaining about almost as a matter of course. I haven't seen any threads like that here in recent times. Not a shot at Dave1, just an observation.

Zis.

Dotty
2nd May 2011, 09:18 PM
Handy Hint 253.
If you don't want to see sports results, then it's wise to stay out of the 'Things that piss me off' and the 'Things that I like' threads also.

dave1
3rd May 2011, 05:01 PM

yep I dont mind saying I use both forums...about equally I might add too...both are great...

um hadnt thought of it ....will do....

virge666
3rd May 2011, 05:20 PM
well that Obama thread has stuffed up my enjoyment of watching the news tonight.

:) :) :)