PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle or The Birdie?

McMw
28th June 2005, 08:52 AM
Which was better???

Harrington's Eagle bomb on the last to win or Birdie's blast from the bunker???

I knew that Paddy sank an eagle on the last to win it...but when I saw the replay last night, and where the ball ended up after his 2iron shot - no frigging way he made that putt!!! And he knew it was in from 3ft away!!! :shock:

Birdie's bunker shot....4 earlier shots were played from that bunker, all nice high bunker shots....Birdie's was the only one that came out low - almost like a bladed shot - even Pepper initial's thought was a bad shot... :shock:

Keza_G
28th June 2005, 08:55 AM
BirdiesBunker Blast for me...

just goes to show you that just because you've played an ordinary shot, doesn't mean you won't get the reward.No pictures on Scorecards to win your first major.....

Cheers

Keza

Jarro
28th June 2005, 09:05 AM
gotta be Paddy's eagle.

to come back from 2 behind after 15 holes to win it on the last with an eagle was quite something .. particularly after the way Furyk had been playing 8)

..still, birdiesbunkerblast was pretty special also :wink:

Fishman Dan
28th June 2005, 09:28 AM
An eagle to win on the final hole has to rate up there as one of the best finishes in the PGA. He would have known birdie to tie on the final tee. After his tee shot, i'm sure he thought "I'm a chance to eagle and win?"...

Jarro
28th June 2005, 09:38 AM
what made it even better was that a player a couple of groups ahead was in exactly the same spot on the green for 2, and ended up 3 putting the green :oops:

markTHEblake
28th June 2005, 10:36 AM
i didnt see anyone Par that last hole, and definietly that bunker shot was the tougher one to make.

Also Kim had never won anything before, and Padraig is a seasoned campaigner.

The Birdie birdie was huge, and it was a major.

3oneday
28th June 2005, 10:51 AM
and, the statement before was classic "she has made 6 of 27 sand saves this year, blah blah"

Pete

Jarro
28th June 2005, 10:54 AM
she's damn lucky it fell in the hole though, it would've run into the bunker on the other side if it didn't :wink:

great shot all the same

McMw
28th June 2005, 03:34 PM
I prefer Paddy's putt...that was just awesome...to go thru 2 ridges...and had nice weight to the putt...

Birdie's blast was magical (considering the situation, and the number of bogeys before from that bunker)...but wow...that shot was either close to running off the other side, or (greater possibility) stayin in the bunker or getting caught in the greenside rough...

either way...it's been a great two weeks...US Senior Open this weekend...can we expect the R3 leader to choke again, and an unknown steal the win??? :lol:

drunken
28th June 2005, 04:21 PM
The luck of the Irish for sure