Croker                                         Fitzgibbon
Flannery                                       Kennedy
-----------------                             ------------------
Ross                                            Ryan
Parker                                         Simpson
Harrison                                       Gower
TBA                                             Menzies

pretty good looking sides.

I think the Queensland selectors have done the right thing by naming Bowen in the starting side ... he plays much better when he starts in the run on side. When he was brought on in games 1 and 2, he slotted in at hooker, forcing Smith off the field. This really left big holes in our ruck defence ... something Johns and co exploited fully.

looking forward to seeing who the TBA player for QLD is going to be  :?  Wally Lewis perhaps   :P

goughy
27th June 2005, 06:58 PM
I might even watch this one :shock:

Jarro
27th June 2005, 07:02 PM
good onya Goughy :P

3oneday
27th June 2005, 07:34 PM
QLD side looks good, good to see Nutley get a run, he won't have played for 2 weeks though, but deserves a spot.

All academic anyway, BLUES WIN SERIES :wink: :lol: 8) :lol:

Onewood
27th June 2005, 08:09 PM
I can hear the Queensland press already

"IT WAS A BIG MISTAKE LEAVING SLATER OUT"

Gives them an out I spoz

Have I mentioned THE MIGHTY BLUES in this thread yet :D

brad
28th June 2005, 08:51 AM
I think Qld have the right idea with having Bowen run on. This way he gets crunched early while the Blues forwards are at full steam :lol:

GO THE BLUES!

andylo
28th June 2005, 09:02 AM
I will go Perth :shock: :lol:

Onewood
28th June 2005, 09:59 AM
I will go Perth  :shock:  :lol:

Andylo, thats thread jacking :lol:

Fishman Dan
28th June 2005, 10:03 AM
I will go Perth  :shock:  :lol:

It's been said before - if you know nothing about the thread, then STAY THE HELL OUT!  :lol:  :lol:

PS - Your ****-LANDER call is still one of the best ;)

Jarro
28th June 2005, 10:07 AM
It's been said before - if you know nothing about the thread, then STAY THE HELL OUT!  :lol:  :lol:

what the hell are you doing in here then :P

just like the Pro Shop threads, sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong :lol:

Fishman Dan
28th June 2005, 10:19 AM
what the hell are you doing in here then  :P

just like the Pro Shop threads, sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong  :lol:

2 words for you -

JOEY JOHNS

8)

Jarro
28th June 2005, 10:25 AM
Haha :lol: :lol:

Bruce
28th June 2005, 12:30 PM
I watched some of the Storm game on Saturday night and Billy was on fire. A hat trick before half time doesn't get him a game?

I am not suffering from insomnia and so will not be able to stay awake long enough to watch this game.

Courty
28th June 2005, 05:26 PM
I think Nutley is an excellent choice. His workhorse style of play is well-suited for Origin. He'll go well.
I'm a bit mystified as to Slater missing out. It seems such a shame to leave him out, it's not like he was out of form. :( But I agree Bowen needs to be on the field from the kickoff.

As for the Blues, they won't go wrong with Gower in the side. He's as tough as nails, and if Priddis gets in (I expect Buderus won't play), the combination they bring around the ruck could be fatal for QLD.
Hoewver, I thought that Tahu was a surprise. I know he has played well at this level before, but if you go by the NSW 'supposed' ethic of picking on form (just like with Joey Johns  :roll: ) then the wing position should have been filled by Tahu's opposite winger, Eric Grothe Jr. The man is a machine.

Onewood
28th June 2005, 05:39 PM
I think Nutley is an excellent choice. His workhorse style of play is well-suited for Origin. He'll go well.
I'm a bit mystified as to Slater missing out. It seems such a shame to leave him out, it's not like he was out of form. :(   But I agree Bowen needs to be on the field from the kickoff.

As for the Blues, they won't go wrong with Gower in the side. He's as tough as nails, and if Priddis gets in (I expect Buderus won't play), the combination they bring around the ruck could be fatal for QLD.
Hoewver, I thought that Tahu was a surprise. I know he has played well at this level before, but if you go by the NSW 'supposed' ethic of picking on form (just like with Joey Johns  :roll: ) then the wing position should have been filled by Tahu's opposite winger, Eric Grothe Jr. The man is a machine.

Sounds like this Queenslander is having a little each way, :?
Get off the fence all you QLDers and come out and BAG the Queensland selectors for dropping Slater :roll:

This !!! "I think they've done the right thing", "Bowen is better starting" :roll: It's all making me cry :cry: What about a bit of GUS bashing to get your mind back onto the real thing here :D A SERIES WIN FOR THE MIGHTY BLUES :D

Courty
28th June 2005, 05:44 PM
Get off the fence all you QLDers and come out and BAG the Queensland selectors for dropping Slater :roll:

This !!! "I think they've done the right thing", "Bowen is better starting" :roll: It's all making me cry :cry:  What about a bit of GUS bashing to get your mind back onto the real thing here :D A SERIES WIN FOR THE WEENY BLUES

I was merely being objective. Of course Queensland will win. That's a given. :twisted:

Onewood
28th June 2005, 06:47 PM

This !!! "I think they've done the right thing", "Bowen is better starting" :roll: It's all making me cry :cry:  What about a bit of GUS bashing to get your mind back onto the real thing here :D AN ENEMA FOR THE WIMPY FAGGOTY BLUES

I was merely being objective. Of course Queezysland will win. That's a given. :twisted:
FIXED :D

Jarro
28th June 2005, 07:08 PM
Geez kev.... that's pretty harsh language :wink:

Onewood
28th June 2005, 07:33 PM
Geez kev.... that's pretty harsh language  :wink:

hahahaha, goodonya!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mike
28th June 2005, 09:20 PM
Slater's omission is an odd move. At this level, Bowen is more dangerous coming on as an interchange now and then when the forewards are getting tired.
He'll get smashed early and the blues will win easy.

Jarro
5th July 2005, 05:57 PM
look out Joey ..... Tonie Carroll wants to meet you :twisted:

Eag's
5th July 2005, 06:20 PM
Can't wait for this one :D
Thank god I finish work at 7pm tomorrow night 8)
Hopefully Johns will get smashed early on and our forwards dominate :twisted:
My score prediction Queensland18 Blues 6

Onewood
6th July 2005, 08:02 PM
Guess who found a Dial up connection :D

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES :D

PS
Got to Townsville at 3.30pm all safe and sound :wink:

Jarro
6th July 2005, 08:42 PM
what a crappy performance by the QLD boys :(

andylo
6th July 2005, 08:46 PM
Raped. :evil:

goughy
6th July 2005, 08:48 PM
What happened??

And no, I'm not joking. What happened? Sorry but I prefer watching jennifer garner over 34 sweating guys.

Jarro
6th July 2005, 08:49 PM
Raped.  :evil:

well and truly :(

wavemaker
6th July 2005, 09:01 PM
Just a case of too much chilli on the stick.

Anonymous
6th July 2005, 09:10 PM
Ben Kennedy should be playing soccer for Italy with THAT dive. The worst I've ever seen and to think what an outspoken critic of dives Ricky Stuart is. :roll: :roll:

damoocow
6th July 2005, 09:33 PM
Time for a parade down the Queen St Mall tomorrow..led by Nutley and Ross wearing Maroon and all the others wearing pink.........including the selectors/yesterdays coach/1980's game plan designer/etc etc

damoocow

Fishman Dan
6th July 2005, 09:47 PM
What happened??

Read about it in tomorrows paper!

....jennifer garner over 34 sweating guys.

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR! :smt047

Onewood
6th July 2005, 10:25 PM
Ben Kennedy should be playing soccer for Italy with THAT dive. The worst I've ever seen and to think what an outspoken critic of dives Ricky Stuart is. :roll:  :roll:

regardless of a dive or not :roll: what about the gutless pr!ck who picked him up and through him down :evil: :twisted:

Anonymous
7th July 2005, 06:08 AM
regardless of a dive or not what about the gutless pr!ck who picked him up and through him down
Watch it again Kennedy is not even close to being hurt. Ben Ross was just outraged at the gutless effort of Kennedy is was pissweak. :oops: :twisted:

Jarro
7th July 2005, 06:22 AM
what about Johns playing dead when we had em on the rack near their line in the opening exchanges ..... does make the game look a bit ordinary when they do down for a spell like that :roll:

Kennedy is a sook and always has been ... he should've been penalised.

3oneday
7th July 2005, 07:01 AM
boo hoo, look at the scoreboard. :P :P

Jarro
7th July 2005, 07:24 AM
boo hoo, look at the scoreboard. :P  :P

nice comeback Ho-man :roll:

Jarro
7th July 2005, 07:28 AM
Now through all of last nights beating, can I please have some backup that phil Gould is indeed the biggest wanker on the planet. Every single thing that comes out of his mouth somehow ends up being about himself.

i didn't even need to listen to the commentary to know he'd make an absolute ass of himself (again)

what were his pearls of wisdom this time :?: I never watch the game with the channel9 commentary any more ... i'd much prefer to listen to the ABC radio guys 8)

Fishman Dan
7th July 2005, 08:10 AM
boo hoo, look at the scoreboard. :P  :P

nice comeback Ho-man  :roll:

I thought it was :lol: :lol:

You will never get any disagreement about Jabba-the-Gould. I think his face is still expanding. He's an ugly, ugly man. Great head for radio.

Virgal_Tracy
7th July 2005, 08:11 AM
Kennedy's not known for taking dives but it did look suss. That doesn't excuse Ross for throwing him around like a used garbage bag. If he had've been hurt then Ross would be in serious trouble.

Complaining about John wasting time, if it had've been lockyer doing it it would've been fine for you and us blues fans would be up in arms. Every team does it and that is one area that has to be changed as defending teams take their time to get their breath back.

I also think that the other one is that if a player is placed on report then they should automatically go to the bin. How many players that have been placed on report have gotten off. i know that part of it is that players go for the early guilty plea to reduce the suspension, but if a tackle or such is bad enough to be put on report, give the other team some advantage rather than the advantage going to the team the offender is playing next week.

Jarro
7th July 2005, 08:23 AM
i've NEVER seen Lockyer go down and waste time.. EVER

some players make it a habit wekk in week out, they should be placed on report if it's proven to be a regular thing

3oneday
7th July 2005, 08:30 AM
i've NEVER seen Lockyer go down and waste time.. EVERnow Mark, that's just silly mate, the ref called time off, how is that wasting time :P :P :P

hahahahahahaha

Fishman Dan
7th July 2005, 08:37 AM
i've NEVER seen Lockyer go down and waste time.. EVER

some players make it a habit wekk in week out, they should be placed on report if it's proven to be a regular thing

Mate a bloke who does nothing but catch'n'pass shouldn't have any reason to feign injury :roll:

Fishman Dan
7th July 2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Fish..I love the new avatar.
Was that when he shaped up to Jamie Goddard ? If so, I'd like to see the picture from about 30 seconds after that.. :smt021

Is that the incident from a few years back?? I can scarely remember it, except for the fact that NSW won that game by about 100 as well ;)

Jarro
7th July 2005, 11:42 AM
yeah that was the series where Tommy raudonikis was coach and he had the old "cattledog' call to get the boys to start a stink  :roll:

worked really well for Johns when Goddard knocked him fair on his arse  :lol:

Fishy, Lockyer cops plenty of knocks, 'cos being the champion that he is, the other teams try and put him off his game, but rarely does he stay down if he's not genuinly injured

Fishman Dan
7th July 2005, 11:43 AM
worked really well for Johns when Goddard knocked him fair in his bum  :lol:

It remains as one of the better Origins smacks-in-the-mouth :lol:

Jarro
7th July 2005, 11:47 AM
almost as good as Les Boyds elbow to the mush of Daryl Brohman :twisted:

OUCH :shock:

Anonymous
7th July 2005, 12:34 PM
Virgal Tracy

also think that the other one is that if a player is placed on report then they should automatically go to the bin. How many players that have been placed on report have gotten off. i know that part of it is that players go for the early guilty plea to reduce the suspension, but if a tackle or such is bad enough to be put on report, give the other team some advantage rather than the advantage going to the team the offender is playing next week.
The reason they have sometimes "gotten off" when it when placed on report is because a penalty was found to be sufficient. The other team DOES get some advantage because they get the penalty. I think the current arrangement works okay.
It's better than a player getting sent off and then found not guilty. That just spoils the game for the fans who have spent their $$ buying a ticket.
Queensland simply don't have enough match winners in their team. Apart from Lockyer (and to a lesser extent Bowen) they are a team of good players but not great ones. Slater should have been playing but it wouldn't have made a big enough difference. Blokes like Berrigan, Williams, Sing and Bowman can play but hardly strike fear into the hearts of the NSW team (they're not exactly Tuquiri, Sailor, Miles, Carne, Belcher etc). Unfortunately I can't see it changing for a while either. :(

Anonymous
7th July 2005, 12:40 PM
Now through all of last nights beating, can I please have some backup that phil Gould is indeed the biggest wanker on the planet. Every single thing that comes out of his mouth somehow ends up being about himself.
You have my unqualified support on that one g69. The irony is that he is looking more and more like a Cane Toad. He certainly fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
You gotta love a guy that constantly talks about committment and loyalty yet played for 5 clubs, coached 4, has walked out on contracts for the big $$ (2UE to 2GB, Penrith to Roosters) and during Super League war made more money than anybody else.
:roll: