PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 27th June

McMw
27th June 2005, 08:48 AM
New Week - Hopefully Better Game!!! :roll:

Fishman Dan
27th June 2005, 08:52 AM
New Week - Hopefully Better Game!!!  :roll:

I've never seen a more flagrant post-boost, and the chance to get your name in lights.. :roll:

McMw
27th June 2005, 09:11 AM
is there a prize for most posts??? :shock:

markTHEblake
27th June 2005, 10:07 AM
Definitely Not. We dont want Jarro to win anything.

McMw
27th June 2005, 09:31 PM
kid called me up....he was caddying at the Brunei Open for some Aussie...made some cash...

late toff - abt 450, so didn't think we could finish...but we did, with plenty of sunlight left...awesome...

kid shot 4 over for the nine, which is not bad considering he hasn't played in 2weeks...
I only had the one bogey from a failed up/down...but 7 GIRs is good...17putts isn't... :roll:

markTHEblake
27th June 2005, 09:52 PM
kid called me up....he was caddying at the Brunei Open for some Aussie...made some cash...

thats a surprise. for that tournament every player had to pay $450 US extra for a caddy fee. The organisers flew in the caddies from Malaysia, and accomadation and airfares had to be paid for.

So if the kid didnt make $450 he got ripped off ;-)

McMw
27th June 2005, 10:01 PM
our new pro at Panaga is an aussie, and this player (frens) called him to arrange a caddy (good one/player) to caddy for him...
so I guess our pro asked the kid if he was interested...
7 days work...earnt a tad under 1000BND...abt 580USD...

we had a list up not long ago for volunteer caddies at our club...last time I checked, we had 8 names...and I'm sure I saw 3 of them playing golf at the club last week... :lol:

kid and I had a good yak during our game...said his pro was really lucky to shoot as well as he did, coz he was really struggling with his swing and alignment...

FWIW, I told the kid I wouldn't caddy (if I was gonna get paid) for less 1K USD...

markTHEblake
27th June 2005, 11:33 PM
standard fee is 5%for a caddy so he must have got a top 10 bloke, well done

whats the name of the pro at panaga,  seems a lot of aussies are now drifting into asia to get the big bucks.  beats flogging themselves for $300 pro-am cheques.

McMw
28th June 2005, 07:55 AM
pro's name is Bradley Wright...he came over from Singapore's Tanah Merah course...

still can't believe the comm was able to conjur up some black magic to convince him to leave Singapore to come work here... :shock:

but he's here, and he's doing well...

cazandpaul
30th June 2005, 05:04 AM
My two days off this weel:

Wednesday - raining hard
Thursday - raining really hard :shock:

Forecast for the real weekend - fine :evil:

Flowergirl
30th June 2005, 09:25 AM
Played foursomes stableford yesterday with the "partner from hell". :shock: Pretty ordinary 17 points on the front nine - and then the rot set in. We had 7 ( yes 7) points on the back nine. :shock: I never thought that anyone could play so badly. Believe it or not I played ok but when someone is so off their game as my partner was - it's just imposible to recover.
On one of the par threes I teed off - landed just on the front. I said " just putt it up as close as you can - she said no - I'll chip. The "chip" flies over the green into a bunker. I make a nice bunker shot - about 3 metres from the pin. She wallops the putt off the front of the green. I chip up within a metre - she wallops the putt about 3 metres past. My putt lips out and she glares at me and rolls her eyes - how I controlled myself from ramming a driver up her clacker I'll never know. :evil:

Onewood
30th June 2005, 08:28 PM
Played foursomes stableford yesterday with the "partner from hell". :shock:  Pretty ordinary 17 points on the front nine - and then the rot set in. We had 7 ( yes 7) points on the back nine. :shock: I never thought that anyone could play so badly. Believe it or not I played ok but when someone is so off their game as my partner was - it's just imposible to recover.
On one of the par threes I teed off - landed just on the front. I said " just putt it up as close as you can - she said no - I'll chip. The "chip" flies over the green into a bunker. I make a nice bunker shot - about 3 metres from the pin. She wallops the putt off the front of the green. I chip up within a metre - she wallops the putt about 3 metres past. My putt lips out and she glares at me and rolls her eyes - how I controlled myself from ramming a driver up her clacker I'll never know. :evil:
:lol: :lol:

Flowergirl, How many shot's did you get on the Par 3 :shock: :roll: your lip out was for 7 :D

macleod
30th June 2005, 08:43 PM

you are strong (clap clap stronnng!) you are invincible.....you are FGeeeeee!

you really should have slapped her one...i thought about this for a bit, how it might be construed me saying resort to physical violence yadda yadda..... but FG i think the universe was on your side to give her good slapping...

or maybe hold her down and give her a pink belly in front of everyone on the course.....:D

Jarro
2nd July 2005, 01:18 PM
had an 88 at Windaroo today with Tezza, should've been another Ozgolfer present but he was a no show  :P .. wonder who it was  :wink:

hit the ball alright, just had a couple of brainfarts when i started looking at my scorecard  :roll:

Fishman Dan
2nd July 2005, 02:30 PM
Shot 6 over par today in the medal round - with losing 5 shots against the course on the 5th (par 5 - yes, an 11) due to an encounter with rule 11-4b. Got on a streak after that and pulled back a few shots, but in the end missed putts cost me.

The course was still wet but very playable, but there was no run in the fairways at all. Got off the tee consistently well, and iron play was quite good, even if the club selection wasn't.

3oneday
2nd July 2005, 02:46 PM
Shot 6 over par today in the medal round - with losing 5 shots against the course on the 5th (par 5 - yes, an 11) due to an encounter with rule 11-4b. Got on a streak after that and pulled back a few shots, but in the end missed putts cost me.ok, so you had an 11, which is 6 over par on one hole, and you shoot 6 over par ??? you play off 18, so you were 12 up, congrats :shock: 8) so what did the missed putts cost you, 3 under par ??? :lol: :lol:

Well played Dan, almost ?? 6 over your handicap in a medal round, with an 11, must give you hope for next time 8) .

Pete

Fishman Dan
2nd July 2005, 02:59 PM
You duffer Pete... :roll:

At this stage glad to see the ball go where i wanted it more often than not. And i've taken heart from losing a pill on the 16th today - out of bounds LEFT :lol:

Onewood
2nd July 2005, 04:24 PM
had an 88 at Windaroo today with Tezza, should've been another Ozgolfer present but he was a no show  :P .. wonder who it was  :wink:

hit the ball alright, just had a couple of brainfarts when i started looking at my scorecard  :roll:

You Turned up :roll: So you have me BAFFLED :D

Last game at Royal Logan today....only 12 holes open :cry:

BUT....I worked one thing out :D 12 hole courses are the way to go 8) shot 46 of the bat, par of 47 :P

2 Birds and 1 bogey 8)

Also got to play off 2.5 :wink: :D

McMw
2nd July 2005, 07:48 PM
76 today....just couldn't get off the bogey express on the back nine...

and a 3 putt on the 7th from 20ft away, with a LIPPED birdie as well...that HURT!!! :evil:

andylo
2nd July 2005, 08:21 PM
Suppose to play LGC's month medal but part of course under water and become a mini 12 hole comp.

Me and Kee decided to play 21 holes instead (12 holes comp... then play another 9 again for practise)....

And for the 18 holes we played completely.... I... finally... break.... 90!

10-18: 45 and 19-27: 44 = 89! :shock:

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Jarro
2nd July 2005, 08:36 PM
nice shootin A-Lo 8)

Courty
3rd July 2005, 07:47 AM
Monthly Medal yesterday & last round before I head overseas. Shot 78 (Nett 71). Made a couple of birdies, and missed a couple more. It's funny that one of my goals every time I play, is to not make a double bogey or worse. Well, I parred the first, and then, you guessed it, doubled the second. :roll:

oz
3rd July 2005, 07:55 AM
4BBB Stableford today. Very, very wet conditions. Rain stopped just before play, but the course was soaked.

We tag-teamed pretty well for most of the day (except for a wipe & a 1-pointer), and ground out 44 points.

jimandr
3rd July 2005, 10:35 AM
Golf is a strange game. Hurts you for months, but it only takes one good game for all the love to flood back.

Yesterday in the monthly medal I shot 73, minus 8 for net 65. Won the medal. The game was also the qualifying round for the club matchplay championships. I was hoping to shoot around 80 to get in the top 16. I have qualified second!

Purely and simply, I played great yesterday in conditions that should not suit me. The course was damp, with not much run, so from the plates played very long. But, as the stats show, I kept hitting fairways and then kept hitting greens with two or three clubs longer than usual.

Fairways = 13 of 14 :D
Green in Reg = 14 of 18 :lol:
Putts = 33, one three-putt, three birdies :lol:
Up & Down = 1 of 4, two lip outs.

My best round for over a year :)

Grunt
3rd July 2005, 10:51 AM
Congrats Jim

Best of luck in the match play championships.

I have not played this week due to weather and work. Going to hit it hard this week fine tuning for my pennants debut next weekend.

AndyP
3rd July 2005, 12:04 PM
Well done, Jim. Good to see the love is back.

3oneday
3rd July 2005, 12:42 PM
Fairways = 13 of 14 :D
Green in Reg = 14 of 18 :lol:
Putts = 33, one three-putt, three birdies :lol:
Up & Down = 1 of 4, two lip outs.well played Jim, more match play practice for you !!!! great win !

Pete

oz
3rd July 2005, 02:32 PM
Super round Jim. Well done. Should ensure some easier early rounds in the matchplay. That's a bonus.

Jono
3rd July 2005, 03:54 PM
Well played Jim. Sounds like a super round. Keep it up. 8)

I'm in need of one of these good rounds to get me going again too ... Haven't been able to shoot my handicap for weeks! :cry:

So I take it that your new driver is going well? what about a followup review of the driver some time, including a comparison to your old driver?

Good luck in the matchplay, and sorry you can't make it to the Springs game.

BrisVegas
3rd July 2005, 05:05 PM
Played Gailes from the tips today.

41 + 39 = 80 gross, 73 nett (par is 73)

7 / 15 fairways :oops:
6 GIR :oops: :oops:
28 putts 8)

Trung
3rd July 2005, 05:13 PM
35 points today... 8)

andylo
3rd July 2005, 07:42 PM
99 today in Gailes blue tee....

Finally I break 100 in Gailes ;)

p.s. Gezz... blue tee in Gailes is a torture!

McMw
3rd July 2005, 10:00 PM
played a new course across the border...Eastwood Valley...
from the black tees (Gold tees are the championship tees - closed)

shot 81, which I would have taken before the round...
but unlucky to shoot 81 IMO...
2 balls into the drink, a miss putt from 2ft, and on the last, hit a great 6 iron into the green...
but for a green that's pretty big, HOW i managed to hit a 3 inch sprinkler head on the fringe, I'll never know - bounced to the back - double bogey!!!

great course...tough but fair...looking forward to getting back there soon...

BrisVegas
4th July 2005, 07:20 AM
Great shooting Jim! 13/14 fairways and 14 GIR is amazing! :shock: 8)

cazandpaul
4th July 2005, 08:34 AM
Caz had 31 & 35 points over the weekend - compulsory tee up through the green but not bad considering the bit of rain we had Thursday :shock: - she hates playing off tees :evil: and doesn't believe it helps her game - saves the course though.

McMw
4th July 2005, 09:41 AM
does that mean chipping off a tee too??? :shock:

Trung
4th July 2005, 10:01 AM
Partner & I won the mixed scratch event on c/b at Carnarvon. It helps playing with one of the top NSW amateur :D .

Onewood
4th July 2005, 04:59 PM
played a new course across the border...Eastwood Valley...
from the black tees (Gold tees are the championship tees - closed)

shot 81, which I would have taken before the round...
but unlucky to shoot 81 IMO...
2 balls into the drink, a miss putt from 2ft,  and on the last, hit a great 6 iron into the green...
but for a green that's pretty big, HOW i managed to hit a 3 inch sprinkler head on the fringe, I'll never know - bounced to the back - double bogey!!!

great course...tough but fair...looking forward to getting back there soon...

Got any pics or a site to connect to 8)

McMw
4th July 2005, 05:17 PM
golf course is too new...just opened to the public abt 4-5 weeks ago...

and they're already making way for another 18...

no website that I know off, so no pics...
I'll see what I can come up with next time I'm there...

defn not a course for SLICERS!!! :lol:

Onewood
4th July 2005, 05:53 PM
Partner & I won the mixed scratch event on c/b at Carnarvon. It helps playing with one of the top NSW amateur  :D .
Well played Trung,
What was the score :?: got any pics of the troghy Presentation :D

drunken
4th July 2005, 06:48 PM
Well...played crap on Saturday...i think i actually fell asleep on the 13th tee waiting for the group infront..sums up the 11 points on the back 9... :roll:

Trung
4th July 2005, 07:15 PM
Partner & I won the mixed scratch event on c/b at Carnarvon. It helps playing with one of the top NSW amateur  :D .
Well played Trung,
What was the score :?: got any pics of the troghy Presentation :D

Results are here mate --> http://www.clubdiaries.com.au/old_site/results_view_detail.php?id=52123

Why the heck you want to see pictures? You have seen my ugly head many times.. :twisted:

cazandpaul
5th July 2005, 04:47 AM
McMw - yep - chipping off tees :shock:

Onewood
5th July 2005, 06:36 AM
Results are here mate --> http://www.clubdiaries.com.au/old_site/results_view_detail.php?id=52123

Why the heck you want to see pictures? You have seen my ugly head many times..  :twisted:

Was'nt your head I was wanting to look at :wink: :D