PDA

View Full Version : Punting games on course

aimnhit
18th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Is there any new betting games out there that anyone has played recently with their mates?? Getting sick of the same one...

BroKar
18th April 2011, 11:24 AM
check out the horse game on secret in the dirt, looks like fun

aimnhit
18th April 2011, 11:27 AM
check out the horse game on secret in the dirt, looks like fun

Will do cheers

Courty
18th April 2011, 11:30 AM
What's the 'same one' you refer to? Skins?

aimnhit
18th April 2011, 11:48 AM
What's the 'same one' you refer to? Skins?

Basically 4ball with what the call scraps. Which is sand saves ,birdies, inside a flag length, nearest the sticks,
But you must halve the next hole to win the bets..

I have just been introduced to a game whenthere is just two of you called automatic 1 downs.. But that gets abit stupid..
Alot play wolf but I have not a clue on that one

Daves
18th April 2011, 11:50 AM
Basically 4ball with what the call scraps. Which is sand saves ,birdies, inside a flag length, nearest the sticks,
But you must halve the next hole to win the bets..

I have just been introduced to a game whenthere is just two of you called automatic 1 downs.. But that gets abit stupid..

Alot play wolf but I have not a clue on that one

Wolf is good, but can be expensive!

http://golf.about.com/cs/chichirodriguez/a/chichi_wolf.htm

Splits 6s is also OK;

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/13959-Split-6-s-in-golf-and-how-it-works

BayBum
18th April 2011, 12:24 PM
+1 for split 6's.Always good fun & abit of cat n mouse goes on :)

aimnhit
18th April 2011, 12:28 PM
I will give it a go cheers:)

henno
18th April 2011, 12:29 PM
Split 6's. Especially if one homo in the group doesn't want in on the punt.

markTHEblake
18th April 2011, 12:56 PM
Not new but never get tired of it, I play every sat Bingo Bango Bongo,plus skins,plus longest drives,plus lotto ticket, plus a shout for the snake. only for 50c a ding,,but you can actually lose about $50 on a bad day.

Greeny
18th April 2011, 01:18 PM
Played a Bingo, Bango, bongo just yesterday myself. It'd been a while and I'd forgotten how much fun it is. Good when there's a wide variety of handicaps in the group.

Dotty
18th April 2011, 02:49 PM
Another vote for Bingo, Bango, Bongo. (4 points per hole ... first on, NTP, longest putt sunk (over 1m) and best net score, with any ties carrying forward in that category.)

We also add 'the snake' (last 3 putt) and 'the toad' (last 'unnatural swing') for each nine. 'Unnatural swing' is generally under/beside trees/drop-offs/fences, but also encompasses any penalty drops or OOBs. Most the sledging involves 'hisssssss' or 'needeep'.

MegaWatty
19th April 2011, 01:42 AM
First on. So if you're shortest off the tee but hit the green you win? Or if two people hit the green in two then it jackpots?

Edit: Some reading up suggests the following:

It's first on, full stop. Good for the short hitters (somewhat).
NTP doesn't matter how many shots. So you're still a chance if you miss the green.
I've read first to hole out which is similar to longest putt I guess.

The Nett score one is obviously an addition. Let's just call it Bungo.

Gomer
19th April 2011, 08:39 AM
First on. So if you're shortest off the tee but hit the green you win? Or if two people hit the green in two then it jackpots?

Edit: Some reading up suggests the following:

It's first on, full stop. Good for the short hitters (somewhat).
NTP doesn't matter how many shots. So you're still a chance if you miss the green.
I've read first to hole out which is similar to longest putt I guess.

The Nett score one is obviously an addition. Let's just call it Bungo.

Yep you got it. :)

Dotty
19th April 2011, 08:40 AM
For the first three points, it doesn't matter how many strokes are taken. (Handy for Rubin or Yoss.)

The usual par 4 scenario, short hitter first has the pressure to get on first, before the long hitter can capitalise on his length. If short hitter gets on (and gets the first point), then long hitter now has the pressure of getting inside the ball on the green (to get the NTP point).

But if short hitter misses the green in 2, then long hitter has pressure to claim the 'first on' point. Assume the long hitter gets on in 2, then the short hitter would have a chip/bunker shot and the pressure of getting inside the ball already on the green (albeit for 3 shots instead of 2, which affects the net score, so it is no value to miss greens to corner the NTP points).

Double the fun, by doing it best ball. (In ten games, I think we had four ties, four decided on the 18th and only two before finishing the 17th.) It would be perfect for the WA crew and their range of handicaps, abilities and anyone with a social/burglar handicap, as stab. points only contributes to 25% of the score.

Triple the fun, by chipping in, which would claim NTP, longest 'putt' and possibly net score.

ps. Don't play this with Kevin Na. His 16 on the 9th gets a point for NTP, a point for longest putt and he is still in with a chance for net score, as the two others tied with 4's, meaning the net score point carries over to the 10th hole.

pps. Bad luck Kevin. The 9th hole is the wrong time to collect the 'toad'. You're paying for the halfway snacks. ('Snake' buys the drinks.)

MegaWatty
19th April 2011, 08:46 AM
Funny stuff.

I will report how it goes today with a group of mates that don't play often.

Pencil
19th April 2011, 02:16 PM
Try here if your looking for a new game
http://www.mygolfspy.com/golf-wolf-game-bets/

Courty
19th April 2011, 08:54 PM
Nice link, Pencil. We'll be busy for months working through that lot. 8)

WBennett
19th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Dotty

If I played Bingo bango Bongo with you I'd lose my shirt, my clubs, my car, my house and my wife.

So when are we playing?

Dotty
19th April 2011, 09:26 PM
We have to include Tourettes and Grunt.

Get use to this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-_KacIlUCA

MegaWatty
19th April 2011, 10:54 PM
Bingo, Bango, Bingo, Bungo.

Great game. Cleaned up. :)

Johnny Canuck
19th April 2011, 10:57 PM
Bingo, Bango, Bingo, Bungo.

Great game. Cleaned up. :)

2 bingos?

MegaWatty
19th April 2011, 11:09 PM
Bongo.

markTHEblake
19th April 2011, 11:14 PM
I find that I only do well in BBB is when I play with 3 choppers. the blokes I always play with are on about 20 and 30+. I usually then get a steady stream of Bingo's and the longest drives, and that gives me a good base to kick off from. Then i just hope to pull off a jackpot on a hole where I get a shot.

But whenever a ringin joins in on about my handicap he steals too many of my Bingo's and I struggle to make that up.

MegaWatty
19th April 2011, 11:17 PM
That's what happened today Blakey. 3 non regulars! :)

markTHEblake
19th April 2011, 11:27 PM
cant beleive you hustled three muppets, thats poor form.

MegaWatty
19th April 2011, 11:29 PM
I explained they had more chance of picking up first on and if not, NTP. They got their fair share. ;)