PDA

View Full Version : Kooindah Waters

live4golf
17th April 2011, 02:31 PM
A couple of mates and I are going to join Kooindah Waters. Long shot as most guys on this forum are north of the border but is anyone a member at Kooindah? - I have played it a few times now and think it is a top quality layout in fantastic condition.

I expect my handicap to blowout a fair bit as the course is a lot harder than Wyong and my game is going to need a bit of a change to make the most of the course...but that's cool.

It is a Troon managed course, is anyone else a member of a Troon course? - What benefits does this give at other Troon courses?

Cheers.

Tongueboy
17th April 2011, 04:10 PM
what are the membership fees l4g? had a game there a fortnight ago and it was great. $37 green fees and comp. bloody good value considering the condition and facilities

BrettM
17th April 2011, 04:19 PM
Troon don't manage the course maintenance, we do :)

live4golf
17th April 2011, 04:54 PM
Troon don't manage the course maintenance, we do :)

In that case, kudos to you and your team, the course is spectacular!

live4golf
17th April 2011, 04:56 PM
what are the membership fees l4g? had a game there a fortnight ago and it was great. $37 green fees and comp. bloody good value considering the condition and facilities

Gold membership (full playing rights) is $1500 a year. Great value considering green fees are $0 and comp fees are $5 for members....and yeah, $37 for green fees and comp is fantastic when you consider the layout, the condition and the facilities...completely agree with you there.

Tongueboy
17th April 2011, 07:22 PM
do they have a joining fee? the last stumbling block!

live4golf
17th April 2011, 07:35 PM
do they have a joining fee? the last stumbling block!

Yup, about $5K....but, and it is a BIG BUT, you get 90% of it back when you leave. I think you need to be a member for at least 3 years.

They have a payment plan so you don't need to fork out the $5K up front.

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 07:41 PM
How far from where you live mate?

live4golf
17th April 2011, 07:43 PM
How far from where you live mate?

4.0KM door to door...3 turns.

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 08:01 PM
Jebus!

That's the Parry design on wetlands right?

Minor_Threat
17th April 2011, 08:03 PM
So when are you going to invite me for a hit? I have heard good things about Kooindah.

live4golf
17th April 2011, 08:10 PM
Yup MT....will invite as soon as I get there. Anyone is welcome...Every time I have played it (only a handful) I have thoroughly enjoyed it and every time it is better than the previous time.

live4golf
17th April 2011, 08:12 PM
Jebus!

That's the Parry design on wetlands right?

yeah, they seem to have sorted the drainage so it is playable even when quite wet.

Ohh I lied before, it is 6km 3 turns or 4km 5 turns

Sydney Hacker
17th April 2011, 08:27 PM
$5k on the central coast ? Seems very high, what are the terms of getting it back ?

AndyP
18th April 2011, 03:58 PM
Your turn will come, g69.

Andrew_S
7th May 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm a member of a Troon course (Twin Creeks). The key benefit of being a member of a Troon course is that for a nominal handling fee of $25, you get 'vouchers' to play at all Troon courses around the country for free. As a member, you are entitled to 2 vouchers per Troon course to be used each calendar year. In addition you get 2 'joker' vouchers entitling non-Troon members to a free round at any Troon course (pretty good if you want to bring a mate along for a hit!). They don't automatically give them to you so apply for them asap. I played Kooindah Waters twice last yr and I agree, the course is excellent. Bargain at $1.5k a year given the facilities (I still believe the restaurant there serves some of the best food for a golf course), plus even if you only use your vouchers to play at Twin Creeks (which is also in NSW), that will be about another $200 in green fees you would have saved. By comparison, at Twin Creeks we pay over $3k/yr once you factor in the mandatory food & beverage levy of $360.

live4golf
7th May 2011, 10:07 PM
I'm a member of a Troon course (Twin Creeks). The key benefit of being a member of a Troon course is that for a nominal handling fee of $25, you get 'vouchers' to play at all Troon courses around the country for free. As a member, you are entitled to 2 vouchers per Troon course to be used each calendar year. In addition you get 2 'joker' vouchers entitling non-Troon members to a free round at any Troon course (pretty good if you want to bring a mate along for a hit!). They don't automatically give them to you so apply for them asap. I played Kooindah Waters twice last yr and I agree, the course is excellent. Bargain at $1.5k a year given the facilities (I still believe the restaurant there serves some of the best food for a golf course), plus even if you only use your vouchers to play at Twin Creeks (which is also in NSW), that will be about another $200 in green fees you would have saved. By comparison, at Twin Creeks we pay over $3k/yr once you factor in the mandatory food & beverage levy of $360.

Great info Andrew...so it is 2 vouchers per course? - that is sensational, I thought it was 2 vouchers and you just chose where you used them. I will hit them up tomorrow :)

Andrew_S
7th May 2011, 11:29 PM
No problem, definitely 2 per course per member. When you apply, you actually select which courses you want vouchers to and the number of them (max 2). The cost is the same so most ppl just apply for the max number for all of them.

With the 'joker' vouchers, you only get 2 which can be used by your guests at any Troon course (except your home course).

Hope that helps.