PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear...TaylorMade.

TourFit
14th April 2011, 06:03 PM
I bought a TM Rossa Ghost Daytona from PowerGolf, along with 2dz Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow @ $29...I used the drop down length system and chose 33".

Anyway, I got a call today from Chad at PowerGolf, asking if I actually wanted 33" (as that is the first length that is default in the length section...he was just checking). I have ABSOLUTELY no problems with this, as he clearly didn't HAVE to call me at all. Good customer service I say.

My reply was that I fit 33" putters and the weight system in the newer Ghost (changeable screws) would mean that I can get it heavier at the shorter length...

The problem is that TM Australia only bring the putters in @ 35"...so a 33" putter would just simply be cut down. The head would NOT be re-weighted with heavier screws to compensate the shorter length (as it says on TM's main site!). This is him telling me what TaylorMade Oz told him when he inquired about getting a 33". They apparently added that the head was 350g, but when Chad asked about changing the weight to get it heavier they just basically told him that the headweight was the same.

TYPICAL! Bullshit by convenience. We don't stock that model, but they are all the same anyway. That's not what the parent companys' website says, dickheads...

I told Chad from PowerGolf to get TM to order a 33" spec properly re-weighted Ghost Daytona ordered through the 'real' TM... DIRECT FROM THE U.S.

Jarro
14th April 2011, 06:09 PM
Only way to go TF ... i had the same problem when i asked to get a Rossa Corza Ghost in at 33" .... "sorry, they only come in 35" length, but we can cut it down and you won't know the difference"

They obviously don't want to carry a bigger range of custom options here in Aus, so i'll have no hesitance in ordering from the USA from now on

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2011, 06:22 PM
You midgets need to grow up.

KristianJ
14th April 2011, 06:31 PM
Or wear platforms...

Iain
14th April 2011, 07:00 PM
No wonder people don't buy stuff locally....

Jarro
14th April 2011, 07:20 PM
No wonder people don't buy stuff locally....

That's what i told the guy at Drummond Golf, he just laughed :roll:

sms316
14th April 2011, 08:21 PM
Midgets are funny.

Iain
14th April 2011, 08:24 PM
I was talking to a guy at House of Golf, he was saying TM want to stop doing demo nights and instead do fit nights, where you go to get fit for a driver and are expected to purchase it at the end.

Captain Nemo
14th April 2011, 08:25 PM
Or buy a Scotty Select!:lol:

Jarro
14th April 2011, 08:26 PM
I was talking to a guy at House of Golf, he was saying TM want to stop doing demo nights and instead do fit nights, where you go to get fit for a driver and are expected to purchase it at the end.

That'd be right :roll:

They can jam that right up their arse !!!

razaar
14th April 2011, 08:30 PM
What is the issue with a 33" shaft with a 350gm head. I would have thought it would be a good balance. A 350 gm head with a 34" shaft is getting a bit heavy for most players. Maybe I am mis-reading your initial post Fit, that the 35" putter comes with a 350gm head?

henno
14th April 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm no midget and I prefer my putters in 33" or maybe 34" max with a heavy head.

And seriously poor form on the part of TM Australia.

Captain Nemo
14th April 2011, 08:42 PM
I play all my Scottys at 33/360 or the pre Selects 33/350 hence the sale of the mil-spec.

Iain
14th April 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm no midget and I prefer my putters in 33" or maybe 34" max with a heavy head.

And seriously poor form on the part of TM Australia.
+1

Courty
14th April 2011, 09:13 PM

+1

3oneday
14th April 2011, 09:36 PM
Who cares anyway, they can't compete with ebay.com for pricing.

No jack, I still don't care sorry ;)

TourFit
14th April 2011, 09:38 PM
What is the issue with a 33" shaft with a 350gm head. I would have thought it would be a good balance. A 350 gm head with a 34" shaft is getting a bit heavy for most players. Maybe I am mis-reading your initial post Fit, that the 35" putter comes with a 350gm head?

Nothing Ray...apparently the head is lighter (and they only do one) and the weights are then used to get it to the optimal headweight for the required length. TM Oz just said they are all 350g, which doesn't make much sense because a 350g head at 35" would be heavy...and at the same time it would negate the need for ANY weights at all. The newer version has the weights because they had exactly the problem of headweight being too light at shorter lengths in the original model.

Yossarian
14th April 2011, 09:38 PM
+1

+5?

dave1
14th April 2011, 11:48 PM
this story is so typical of why I haven't purchased anything in a golf retail store for about 4 years.....

its all too hard..they never have what you want....and its all just too hard!!

Yossarian
15th April 2011, 12:52 AM
Where do you get most of your stuff dave?

MegaWatty
15th April 2011, 12:55 AM
Gets his coke from Japan.

Haystacks
15th April 2011, 07:44 AM
Gets his coke from Japan.

:smile:

razaar
15th April 2011, 08:05 AM
Nothing Ray...apparently the head is lighter (and they only do one) and the weights are then used to get it to the optimal headweight for the required length. TM Oz just said they are all 350g, which doesn't make much sense because a 350g head at 35" would be heavy...and at the same time it would negate the need for ANY weights at all. The newer version has the weights because they had exactly the problem of headweight being too light at shorter lengths in the original model.

Yep, it doesn't make much sense.

razaar
15th April 2011, 08:07 AM
this story is so typical of why I haven't purchased anything in a golf retail store for about 4 years.....

Can see that - looking at your tools of trade.;)

BrentonJ
15th April 2011, 09:35 AM

Yep when i was looking for a 3 wood the whole Titleist have 80+ shafts etc etc but in all the fitting carts they just have the stock ones. When you ask to Demo a GD DI or a Fubuki nope cant get them to demo, well whats the point of having the 80+ up charge shafts if you cant demo them??

TourFit
15th April 2011, 11:12 AM
Yep, it doesn't make much sense.

It's just TM Oz's way of bullshitting the consumer with dibble in order to cover up the fact that they don't actually bring in the different options...they're happy to cut down a 35" putter and to hell with what parent TM say. "Weights...pfff, they're all the same weight. It's a gimmick."

goonie
15th April 2011, 11:52 AM
Yep when i was looking for a 3 wood the whole Titleist have 80+ shafts etc etc but in all the fitting carts they just have the stock ones. When you ask to Demo a GD DI or a Fubuki nope cant get them to demo, well whats the point of having the 80+ up charge shafts if you cant demo them??

The Titleist demo I went to last month had heaps of aftermarket shafts, and I am pretty sure they had the Fubuki and the GD-DI shafts, not sure if they were just driver shafts or not thou.

rubin
15th April 2011, 11:58 AM
The Titleist demo I went to last month had heaps of aftermarket shafts, and I am pretty sure they had the Fubuki and the GD-DI shafts, not sure if they were just driver shafts or not thou.

On a demo day, or at least the ones i've been to, the Companies role out the carpet and generally let you try almost any combination that they have available from the factory. There is some pretty big money that goes into the days, but they get some big returns on it as well.

I would be thinking its just not viable for them to have 80+ shafts in the fitting cart at the local pro shop.

dave1
15th April 2011, 03:48 PM
Can see that - looking at your tools of trade.;)

log onto USA ebay and you can pretty much order the shaft you want with the head you want

I even sometimes get shafts sent to the guy who has the head.....then they whack it i or post together..saves on shipping.....

I have no use for a golf store...Im sick of the low handicapper who works in there dressed like hes playing a pro am in ten minutes...who thinks his shit doesn't stink....

over it

they think we are stupid....

our club has gone the other way (its a small pro shop) ...the pro is now sourcing good legit second hand gear for the members....using ebay and other good on-line outlets....so now members can afford to but mizunos at 500 bucks not 1300...the pro shop will make maybe 80 bucks on it......

hes ordering shafts from USA ebay as they are 40% cheaper than Aussie suppliers ...V2 shafts were costing him $95 wholesale...we can get them from USA $35-40 on-line and get 5 or 6 posted at once......

grips.....he couldnt believe how cheap he can order them from USA ebay....70% cheaper than his aussie suppplier

the savings have been so signifficant he can afford to carry a bit more choice fro us members...win win

it means members are coming to the pro shop to check out the bargains...and they will buy gloves, tees, balls drinks...buy a coffee

so instead of fighting ebay its using ebay for the members.....our pro shop was running at a loss anyways as we were always left with last years models as no one wants to buy $400 drivers....

if you cant beat'em join'em......

PeteyD
15th April 2011, 03:53 PM
That's interesting Dave. I wonder why more pro shops are not going down that path.

3oneday
15th April 2011, 04:09 PM
Probably afraid of getting cutoff by the balls companies or whoever else they may actually rely upon.

haysey
15th April 2011, 05:30 PM
I'm no midget

+1

+1

Midgets. All of you!

gazgolf1
15th April 2011, 06:38 PM
TourFit, ta for the tip on Powergolf, $35 shipped for Z-Star Yellows is a good price, cheaper than Squizzy's even with free shipping. :)